Allison Transmission

Engaged Employer

Allison Transmission Interview Questions

2.4

Finance Interview

Interview

Interviewers were not very skilled. They read everything and took a lot if notes. Did't seem very comfortable with what they were expected to do. I was surprised. Thought it would be more rigorous.

Didn't like the culture.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allison Transmission.

Interview

interviewers were not prepared and talked over each other the entire time I interviewed. I was not shown around like I had hoped. parking lot was torn up and there was nowhere to park.

Finance Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speedway, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allison Transmission (Speedway, IN).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions and questions based on experience. I would say that the interview process is very similar to most corporate jobs. You will sit down with numerous people for a 2 hour process of questions and casual conversation. Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty easy if you are an honest person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Journeyman/Skilled Trades Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Invited to Orientation/Interview- along with 200 others. Took SIMPLE, EASY 8th--grade High School-Level test. Told TWICE, that I would be called for a second interview(since I knew I scored near 100%). Myself, and 8 others, were NEVER called, but were instead sent a general e-mail saying "we didn't possess the required skills for the job"--a Journeyman's Certificate isn't enough for a Journeyman's job? An ENTRY-LEVEL JOB?? They lie to you, and don't even have the common courtesy to return your phone calls!! Also, they have ELIMINATED PENSIONS for everyone! I would NEVER recommend anyone work for such childish liars!

Interview Questions

• #1: HOW OLD ARE YOU?? REALLY?? THEY ACTUALLY ASKED ME HOW OLD I WAS!! THEN TOLD US NOT TO PUT OUR BIRTH DATE DOWN ON THE APPLICATION, AFTER WE ALREADY HAD!! (HALF OF US WERE AT LEAST 50 YRS. OLD). I GUARANTEE: THEY ONLY INTERVIEWED US IN ORDER TO SEE IN PERSON, HOW OLD WE WERE, SINCE IT IS ILLEGAL TO ASK THIS QUESTION.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allison Transmission in February 2014.

Interview

One single person-to-person interview with Human Resources Representative on college campus. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was formatted with these same specific questions for each candidate. She wrote down notes during the duration of my talking.

Questions:
    How did you hear about Allison?
    What can you bring to Allison?
    Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you did afterward.

The supplied questions each branched into more questions after I had begun speaking about them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you did afterward.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

They will not hire any one whom is not a referral. Family or can bribe a Union official.
    Interview Process is long and drawn out like a blade.

Interview Questions

• Can you work under the worst possible conditions meeting quality and goals beyond humanly possibly.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

interviewed at Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2009.

Interview

The hiring was through a third party contractor. The interview was very basic, experience, education history, work ethic, back ground etc. Most if not all were behavioral based and it was not a case study or any math flow question. I am not sure what an actual interview at Allison would be like since I was hired through Belken.

Global Market Analyst Interview

Interview

Very easy going. Came in from being an intern.