Alloy Media

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alloy Media in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a while ago but here goes...a friend referred me to the position and the interviews were quick and swift. I realize that for professional jobs you still fill out an application but I HATE that and feel like if it is a position where I bring a resume then this paperwork should be dispensed of but I digress... I spoke with the person who would be my boss as well as that person's boss - both interviews lasted around 45 minutes each. I was called back in to meet a few other team members and, from what I recall, I was offered the position just a few days later. While there was some negotiation on the salary, in the end I think everyone was happy.

Negotiation Details – Pretty quick - I requested a slightly higher compensation and they were able to match it!

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alloy Media.

Interview Details – Straight-forward

Interview Question – Nothing, just asked about prior experience and favorite part about youth pop culture/media   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, probably could've if i wanted to though

Media Negotiator Interview

Media Negotiator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Alloy Media in November 2010.

Interview Details – Consisted of an interview with HR and then the manager of the department. They asked about my past experience, why I want to work for the company, how to deal with stressful situations. Within a week I received an accepted the job offer.

Interview Question – Describe a stressful situation in a past job and how you were able to deal with it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Media Assistant Interview

Media Assistant
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Alloy Media in July 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the two people. It was a very straight forward interview. They asked basic questions like why i want to work for the company. What would i bring to the job. What is my ideal job. My overall experience was positive and they said they would calll me back within a week. They never called and when I called them they said they were still doing interviews.

Digital Interview

Digital
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alloy Media in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR to set up an interview a few days later. The interview was very casual, and went smoothly. I was shown around the office and introduced to several employees. I left the interview with a very positive outlook on both the company and the position.

The follow up, however, has left me with a very different impression. After being told I would be brought back in the following week to meet with some of the executives- I had to follow up with HR to see if the second interview was going to be scheduled. HR informed me I was still being considered for the position and that a decision would be reached that week. Ok, a little different than what I was told would happen but still not bad. Another week passes and I again follow up with HR to be told that the position has been put on hold and I will be informed when that changes.

I have heard that Alloy is a very mismanaged and poorly run company, and based on my interactions with them after the initial interview I am inclined to believe what I have heard.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Advertising Interview

Advertising
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alloy Media in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, then 1:1 interview with members of account.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Alloy Media in April 2009.

Interview Details – The office is in a small building with a dance studio attached. Strange, but nice once inside. It has a funky, fun and young feel to it. I met initially with an HR Coordinator and shared what I was looking for, then with the HR Director. She told me they are slow on the hiring front, but had some open positions in Boston. Good, easy and conversational. Very interested in your needs and wants so that they can try to see if you are a good fit for them.

Interview Question – What was it about Alloy Media that makes you want to come and work for us?   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

PHP Developer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alloy Media in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online got a call from HR for scheduling a Phone interview and it was rescheduled twice as the person who was suppose to take my interview was busy. And interview never happened again they completely forgot about it. Tried contacting them but no response...

Interview Questions

Worked for Alloy Media? Contribute to the Community!