Allrecipes.com

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Japanese Editorial Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allrecipes.com.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and cover letter, heard back about 2 weeks later for initial screening phone interview. First round was with a general summer internship program manager, second round took place about 1 week later with specific department head.

Interview Question – What writing experience do you have that would translate to writing recipes?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Editor Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Allrecipes.com.

Interview Details – It's a bright, cool-looking office with a nice view of Westlake Park. Really nice receptionist. The interview was extremely casual and frankly, not very professional. Just "tell me about yourself," then proceeding to talk about budgetary problems at the company (as explanation for why it was a now a contract role). Commented on what I was wearing in a weird way.

Interview Question – The interviewer did not ask any difficult questions. Didn't seem to astute as to what would be really challenging and necessary questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allrecipes.com in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very typical. I spoke briefly with a recruiter who set up a further call (via email) with the hiring manager. I spoke with the hiring manager for about an hour and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with 5 different people. The hiring manager didn't get as much time with me as she wanted so asked me to come back for a brief chat over coffee. I was then scheduled to meet with the President (who interviews EVERYONE to ensure they are a culture fit...that is impressive). I was sent an offer a couple of days following my interview with the President.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee. What was the nature of the conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. Consider the full compensation page and make your counter offer. Also, this company isn't known for paying top scale but the culture/environment/work-life balance make up for a few extra dollars.

Site Producer Interview

Site Producer
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allrecipes.com in December 2011.

Interview Details – Extremely efficient hiring process, even during the company's busiest time of year. Phone screener 1st, then interview scheduled for 2 weeks later. Interviewed for :30 each with 4 people. Brought back 2 weeks later to meet with company president, who meets with every candidate. Received offer same week.

Interview Question – Describe what you look for in a well-written recipe.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Allrecipes.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allrecipes.com interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allrecipes.com employees and interview candidates.