Allscripts

Allscripts Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

Client Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts.

I applied online, then received an e-mail in response to my application to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview. It was about 45 minutes long with about 25 questions which the interviewer typed responses from. I have yet to hear back from them about the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about 20 questions about situations I had dealt with, mostly related to experiences with clients and other employees I had had. I was then told to respond with 3 sentences: 1 sentence about the situation, 1 about how I responded to it, and 1 about what the outcome was. Very difficult to put into 1 sentence.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts.

The hiring process takes about 2 to 4 weeks. The university recruiter gets in touch with you first. You will face a phone interview after which if selected, you will be called onsite to interview with the team. The phone interview is behavioral. The onsite interview will be technical. Technical questions will vary depending on your previous work experience and course work.

Interview Questions
    • Cite an example of a time when you have raised your hand to do extra work.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Very easy interview
    Phone interview by HR about my previous experience
    Personal interview with 5 different people qa manager, qa engineer, dev lead, dev manager, ceo for 2 hours. questions are mainly about my last project, testing related questions, quality center admin related and automation experience
    Got an offer next day
    Joined after 2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in October 2014.

Handed in my resume on campus career fair, had the first HR interview the day after. Basic questions about the project experience and the certain knowledge of web application, what I know about their company and what I want to learn from the work. She even asked my expectation for the salary. After that, a week later I have the technical phone screen interview. Qs:
    1. What is OOP 2. difference between interface and abstract class 3. design pattern 4. web server 5. user authorization and authentication 6. SQL transaction 7. multi-treading 8. difference btwn process and thread 9. when do we need recursive

Interview Questions
    • My expectation of salary. If I can accept salary below 6.7k with bonus.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allscripts.

First a 1-1 phone interview where several shotgun questions are asked about general computer science. Second Interview a group panel on Google Hangouts where more language specific questions are asked and a programming question was asked.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, however interview was extremely distracting as there was constant phone ringing, interviewers laughing randomly and talking to someone else while they mute the volume. Most unprofessional experience i have ever had.   View Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allscripts.

Efficient and streamlined -- after submitted resume online, did 1-2 phone interviews with different managers then face-to-face by Skype final interview which was preferable re schedules. From time submitted resume to hire was approximately 2-3 weeks. Once accepted, initial snafu getting equipment etc, but overall went OK. Initial hire paperwork was uneventful.

Interview Questions
    • None really -- disappointed that manager lied about work-life balance when I asked directly re average hours etc.   Answer Question
    Quick. They needed to get hires.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in April 2014.

The interview process was pretty much the same as the other reviews on here. First one was an HR phone screen. The second interview was with the director of development and another manager. I was asked some basic questions about object oriented programming including access modifiers and other keywords. Talked a bit about multithreaded programming and what I was like outside of work. I got the notion that they actually cared about who I was as a person and my values. The third interview was conducted via Google hangouts. It was about an hour and a half total. There were several other people on the hangout. The director did most of the talking and asked most of the questions. I was asked about my interpretation of object oriented programming and what I thought the main points were. I was also asked about garbage collection in .NET, exception handling (try, catch, finally), and some data type questions. I was then sent a link to write code while all of the people on the hangout watched me. It was kind of nerve wracking. The first piece of code was to reverse a string. I solved it correctly, but they told me there was a much more efficient way of doing it. The second problem was to find the best seat in a row of seats represented as a boolean array. I did not feel comfortable completing the problem in the 5 minutes that they gave me. My normal routine is to create an algorithm and then develop the code after a suitable, efficient, and robust algorithm is created. I was told I could send the solution after the interview. I worked for another hour and a half after the interview and sent them my code. I got an email four days later telling me they could not offer me a position.

After reading all of the same interview experiences on this website, I wonder if they are really hiring anyone, or just waiting for the "purple squirrel" candidates that are super experienced and just trying to find a position after a layoff or something.

In the end, their spiel about hiring a person based on values and personality was just a bunch of talk.

Interview Questions
    • Best seat in a row of seats represented by a boolean array. I was not given an appropriate amount of time to solve the problem. If they judge a prospective software developer on their ability to sling dirty code in 5 minutes, then I'm not sure what they are looking for and I am curious as to who they are actually hiring in. I don't write code and present it if I am not 100% sure it is correct, robust, and efficient. That is not achievable in 5 minutes while 3 people are watching over your back.   Answer Question

Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allscripts in April 2014.

Submitted resume and had a phone interview with the recruiter about 2 weeks later...At the end of the phone interview, I was told that I'd been selected for the in-person interview scheduled 2 weeks later...In the meantime, I had a technical issue but the recruiter was not very responsive and did not really respond to e-mails...Anyway, I did the final interview over Skype and it was with 4 people total...2 of them I had a presentation and role play exercise with...and the other 2 did a more traditional interview...The first half hour before any of these interviews was a presentation about Allscripts and specifically, this position so I tried to use a lot of their "buzz" words in the interview, which seemed to impress them

Interview Questions
    • Since this was my first Skype interview, I was quite worried about how it might work out but it ended up being alright. There weren't really any "difficult" Qs, but I was expecting Qs related to my background/qualifications or at least scenario-style Qs like "What would you do if..." or "Tell me about a time when..." Instead, there was a lot of focus on the general field of healthcare and industry trends, so I would brush up on current affairs and try to customize them to this position and your qualifications   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in April 2014.

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds: HR phone interview, phone interview with Director of Development and a hangout consisting of director, lead developer and another development director. The first round was simple with few basic OOPs questions then the next round was scheduled after 2 days and he forgot to call me. It was rescheduled and he again forgot to call me. But I had called the HR and informed them so he called me an hour later. He asked me 2 questions and was least bothered about my answers and simply said he would cover everything in the next round. The hangout round was very interesting and was for 2hrs. Only one person asked me questions and the other 2 had simply turned on mute mic and were not even listening to what I was answering. He started from basic OOPs and kept increasing the difficulty level for each question. He then asked me question regarding garbage collection in .net, exception handling and used to give me a scenario and ask me for the result of it. I really liked the way he was carrying out the interview procedure and was able to answer all of them. Then they sent me a link and asked me to write code for string reversal and another problem: method to find best empty seat in a single array. I was able to solve them and they sounded as if they were impressed with it. But got a mail after 3-4 days saying they couldn't offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting technical questions from HR. In the hangout round it was more challenging and you need to know about .NET features and what happens when for various situations. Multi-Threading, thread thrashing, advantages and disadvantages of threads, at what interval time does garbage collection work, abstract class, interface. These are some of the questions I was asked and they were very easy to answer and I have no clue why I was rejected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in April 2014.

Initial phone screen from HR. Then quick, semi-technical screen from one of the directors of development. Then a Google Hangouts interview with three individuals. One was the director I spoke with previously, the other was either another director of development for a product, and the final was a team lead who was a younger man.

The younger man was late and he obviously did not want to be there for the interview. He would make these "yeah whatever" faces and slouch in his chair. When it was my turn to ask questions, he seemed to be defensive about why they went with one technology and not the other.

Furthermore, he was simply wrong when trying to point out a logical error in sample code I submitted in attempting to reverse a string (said it would go out of bounds when I know it wouldn't). I should have asked if I could just run the code through the compiler because that's one of those questions I prepared for.

The other two were pleasant. Though I think they gave the floor to the younger guy to placate his position as lead or something. Don't know, don't care.

I agree with another interview-review here that states that they're either looking for a Unicorn to pay bottom-dollar for, or they're just doing it for show to HR because they have some other internal candidate in mind.

Interview Questions
    • They had two coding exercises at the end.

First was a warm up: reverse a string. i.e. "hello" should be "olleh"

Second was pretty much the same exercise that was given here. You have ONE row of seats (single array) and you want to find the best one (best being the seat with the MOST empty seats at both the left and the right of it).

View Answer