Allscripts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allscripts in April 2013.

Interview

Horrible company. Horrible interview process. Not organized. NO feedback. Had to keep asking over and over where the process was... No feedback. Difficult to deal with since it's oursourced.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Typically a team of four from the Product you are interviewing for will divide up several hours and interview you one-on-one. They will ask you typical questions rangind from how would you handle this situation to some actual questions specific to the position you are applying for. You will probably meet with a lead, project manager, clinician, and a peer and possibly a manager.

Interview Questions

• If you know your job, you'll be fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. They mostly want to see if you will 'fit in'.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't go in as a temporary employee here. They don't like temps for the most part. You won't be supported by your team members or anyone and you will be left to sink or swim. Make sure you negotiate your salary from the onset. From the interview to an actual offer letter takes up to 2 months so if you are in a hurry to get employed, nothing moves fast.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

The recruiter responded through email for my online application to share available schedule for an initial screening interview, and he kept on postponing saying he is busy and one day scheduled the interview but didnot inform me. The hiring manager was positive in understanding my concern and rescheduled. Successfully completed initial phone screening and was later informed to visit Raleigh office for f to f interview.

The hiring manager and director had a one on one face interview and on the following day was informed that they would like to offer me position. Background screening was done and salary negotiation discussions also happened between me and recruiter.
    But after a week they informed me that due to hiring freeze cannot offer me a position at that moment.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage or work along with team members who are not co-operative and contradictive in nature   Answer Question

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I had 2 phone interview which were great then had a onsite visit and had interview with 4 of their staff.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts (Springfield, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted myself online. I went through two preliminary interviews that seemed to go well enough to get me the third interview. Two guys called me on google hangout and we did a webcam interview. It was awkward because they were typing to each other while I was talking and they were laughing while I was taking the tests. I passed two of them. The third was an algorithm problem. It was this: I tried but I wasn't quite ready to code that while these two guys are laughing and typing to each other.

Interview Questions

• in an auditorium with various filled or empty seats [a boolean array], create a function that returns the best open seat. The best open seat being the one with the most empty seats around it. He said I could email him the answer the next day but if they say that that means you failed pretty much.   1 Answer

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Got brought in via referral. Interviewed for 1 day with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about what I had done. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations, offer was good and I accepted.

Director Client Solutions (Chicago) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allscripts (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I had phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I indicated that I am new to the Healthcare Industry with 25+ years of experience in all other industries. He Said, "Only special individuals like myself has the intellectual brilliance to successfully transition into Healthcare and be successful in Allscripts."

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in Relationship building, Technical Skills and Healthcare Industry?   1 Answer
    • Only individuals like me can make the transition into Healthcare. What makes you think you have the ability and intellect to be as successful as I am and report into me as your Regional Director.   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially conducted a phone interview with someone from HR. Then was invited for a face to face interview with the hiring manager, a manager from a different team than the team I applied with and a technical interview with a Senior Network Engieer from the team that I would be work in. The hiring manager asked HR related questions. The other manager from a different team also asked HR related questions such as culture fit, experience, what are you looking for in your next employment, why leaving the current employer, etc.

Interview Questions

• One of the technical questions during the technical interview portion was to explain how to setup a site to site IPSec VPN tunnel.   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Interview

No formal process.

Interview Questions

• It was rather disorganized. At one point I was asked a rather random question that had nothing to do with my role and asked if I would feel comfortable doing it.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then I was brought in for a round of in person interviews that ranged from one on ones to role playing. On the whole it was a great experience as a few of the people I did my role playing situations with ended up being my future team mates.