Allscripts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

The recruiter responded through email for my online application to share available schedule for an initial screening interview, and he kept on postponing saying he is busy and one day scheduled the interview but didnot inform me. The hiring manager was positive in understanding my concern and rescheduled. Successfully completed initial phone screening and was later informed to visit Raleigh office for f to f interview.

The hiring manager and director had a one on one face interview and on the following day was informed that they would like to offer me position. Background screening was done and salary negotiation discussions also happened between me and recruiter.
    But after a week they informed me that due to hiring freeze cannot offer me a position at that moment.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage or work along with team members who are not co-operative and contradictive in nature   Answer Question

Software Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I had 2 phone interview which were great then had a onsite visit and had interview with 4 of their staff.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts (Springfield, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted myself online. I went through two preliminary interviews that seemed to go well enough to get me the third interview. Two guys called me on google hangout and we did a webcam interview. It was awkward because they were typing to each other while I was talking and they were laughing while I was taking the tests. I passed two of them. The third was an algorithm problem. It was this: I tried but I wasn't quite ready to code that while these two guys are laughing and typing to each other.

Interview Questions

• in an auditorium with various filled or empty seats [a boolean array], create a function that returns the best open seat. The best open seat being the one with the most empty seats around it. He said I could email him the answer the next day but if they say that that means you failed pretty much.   1 Answer

Senior Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Got brought in via referral. Interviewed for 1 day with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about what I had done. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations, offer was good and I accepted.

Director Client Solutions (Chicago) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allscripts (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I had phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I indicated that I am new to the Healthcare Industry with 25+ years of experience in all other industries. He Said, "Only special individuals like myself has the intellectual brilliance to successfully transition into Healthcare and be successful in Allscripts."

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in Relationship building, Technical Skills and Healthcare Industry?   1 Answer
    • Only individuals like me can make the transition into Healthcare. What makes you think you have the ability and intellect to be as successful as I am and report into me as your Regional Director.   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Interview

No formal process.

Interview Questions

• It was rather disorganized. At one point I was asked a rather random question that had nothing to do with my role and asked if I would feel comfortable doing it.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then I was brought in for a round of in person interviews that ranged from one on ones to role playing. On the whole it was a great experience as a few of the people I did my role playing situations with ended up being my future team mates.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allscripts (New York, NY).

Interview

Was contacted on the phone and went in for an interview a week later. I was told within two weeks that I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy.

Expert Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allscripts (Burlington, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

I had one phone screen to see if the process would proceed. This was followed by two face to face interviews on the same day. These were conducted by Skype and involved technical question and answers, and some on screen solution building. It was an altogether pleasant experience. The emphasis at Allscripts is technology so they more technically deep I went the more they liked it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Allscripts bases salary on the market value of the position. Do you homework and know what you are worth.

Senior Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allscripts in August 2012.

Interview

All hiring and Interview was done by teleconference. I had one interview (screen) with HR. 3 Technical (1 hour) interviews with peers. 1 Interview with Hiring manager. Great questions... very detailed. Understood the highs and lows of the job prior to accepting.

Interview Questions

• Some of the technical questions were fairly difficult. Nothing unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation.