Allscripts

Updated Feb 23, 2015

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in March 2013.

I submitted myself online. I went through two preliminary interviews that seemed to go well enough to get me the third interview. Two guys called me on google hangout and we did a webcam interview. It was awkward because they were typing to each other while I was talking and they were laughing while I was taking the tests. I passed two of them. The third was an algorithm problem. It was this: I tried but I wasn't quite ready to code that while these two guys are laughing and typing to each other.

Interview Questions
    • in an auditorium with various filled or empty seats [a boolean array], create a function that returns the best open seat. The best open seat being the one with the most empty seats around it. He said I could email him the answer the next day but if they say that that means you failed pretty much.   View Answer

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts.

Got brought in via referral. Interviewed for 1 day with 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked about what I had done. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question
    no negotiations, offer was good and I accepted.

Director Client Solutions (Chicago) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allscripts in February 2013.

I had phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I indicated that I am new to the Healthcare Industry with 25+ years of experience in all other industries. He Said, "Only special individuals like myself has the intellectual brilliance to successfully transition into Healthcare and be successful in Allscripts."

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience in Relationship building, Technical Skills and Healthcare Industry?   View Answer
    • Only individuals like me can make the transition into Healthcare. What makes you think you have the ability and intellect to be as successful as I am and report into me as your Regional Director.   View Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

No formal process.

Interview Questions
    • It was rather disorganized. At one point I was asked a rather random question that had nothing to do with my role and asked if I would feel comfortable doing it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allscripts.

Was contacted on the phone and went in for an interview a week later. I was told within two weeks that I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer
    Very easy.

Expert Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allscripts in September 2012.

I had one phone screen to see if the process would proceed. This was followed by two face to face interviews on the same day. These were conducted by Skype and involved technical question and answers, and some on screen solution building. It was an altogether pleasant experience. The emphasis at Allscripts is technology so they more technically deep I went the more they liked it.

Interview Questions
    Allscripts bases salary on the market value of the position. Do you homework and know what you are worth.

Senior Architect Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allscripts in August 2012.

All hiring and Interview was done by teleconference. I had one interview (screen) with HR. 3 Technical (1 hour) interviews with peers. 1 Interview with Hiring manager. Great questions... very detailed. Understood the highs and lows of the job prior to accepting.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the technical questions were fairly difficult. Nothing unexpected.   View Answer
    No real negotiation.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in June 2012.

I applied online, and I got a couple phone screening calls before the first interview with the hiring manager. I then had couple of other interviews with team members. and had the last interview and presentation with the manager and the director.
    The interviews went very smoothly, the employers were very professional. Very good experience over all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about different specific situations from past experiences!   Answer Question

Associate Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Allscripts in May 2012.

Applied online. About a month later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview with the recruiter, on a Sunday morning. General "Tell me about yourself" questions. Explained job duties for previous jobs listed on resume. About a week or 2 later, I came in for a face to face interview. I had a panel interview with 3 managers via telepresence and 1 face to face interview with 2 managers. Also had a welcome type presentation by the HR dept.

Interview Questions
    • Roll Play with an angry and frustrated client who doesn't read notification emails about downtime for the application.   View Answer

Practice Management Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in May 2012.

Submitted my resume on line. I was contacted within a week of submitting and I interviewed via Skype with two senior managers. The questions focused on how my skillset aligned with the company job posting. The emphasis was on demonstrating that I was trainable and that I could work in a team environment. Offered the job directly during the interview

Interview Questions
    • What features of Allscripts Electronic Medical Records distinguish our company from other EHR providers?   View Answer
    Very little negotiation. I did my research then increased what I was willing to accept by 5 thousand dollars.