Allscripts Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
119 interviews

Interface Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allscripts in April 2009.

Phone call after submitting resume' was directly from hiring manager. Came in for in-person interview and tour. Offered the job that same day.

Interview Questions
    Hiring manager asked was I ok with the proposed salary.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Had my resume passed on by a relative and received an email to set up a phone screen a few days later. There was some confusion leading up to the interview, as I was first informed that I would be interviewing for the associate services consultant position, and then told about 4 hours before my interview that I'd be interviewing for the software engineer position instead. Though I felt under qualified for that job, I took the screen anyway, which consisted of a routine resume review and then a handful of behavioral STAR type questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you overcame adversity in your personal life   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allscripts.

Meet with college recruiters at a college job fair. Submitted my resume the next day and was asked to have a phone interview with one of the recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision I have had to make?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Allscripts.

Typically a team of four from the Product you are interviewing for will divide up several hours and interview you one-on-one. They will ask you typical questions rangind from how would you handle this situation to some actual questions specific to the position you are applying for. You will probably meet with a lead, project manager, clinician, and a peer and possibly a manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you know your job, you'll be fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. They mostly want to see if you will 'fit in'.   Answer Question
    Don't go in as a temporary employee here. They don't like temps for the most part. You won't be supported by your team members or anyone and you will be left to sink or swim. Make sure you negotiate your salary from the onset. From the interview to an actual offer letter takes up to 2 months so if you are in a hurry to get employed, nothing moves fast.

Associate Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allscripts in May 2012.

Applied online. About a month later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview with the recruiter, on a Sunday morning. General "Tell me about yourself" questions. Explained job duties for previous jobs listed on resume. About a week or 2 later, I came in for a face to face interview. I had a panel interview with 3 managers via telepresence and 1 face to face interview with 2 managers. Also had a welcome type presentation by the HR dept.

Interview Questions
    • Roll Play with an angry and frustrated client who doesn't read notification emails about downtime for the application.   View Answer

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Allscripts.

I had 2 phone interview which were great then had a onsite visit and had interview with 4 of their staff.

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allscripts.

Got brought in via referral. Interviewed for 1 day with 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked about what I had done. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question
    no negotiations, offer was good and I accepted.

Director Client Solutions (Chicago) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Allscripts in February 2013.

I had phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I indicated that I am new to the Healthcare Industry with 25+ years of experience in all other industries. He Said, "Only special individuals like myself has the intellectual brilliance to successfully transition into Healthcare and be successful in Allscripts."

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience in Relationship building, Technical Skills and Healthcare Industry?   View Answer
    • Only individuals like me can make the transition into Healthcare. What makes you think you have the ability and intellect to be as successful as I am and report into me as your Regional Director.   View Answer

Platinum Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allscripts in January 2011.

The interview process was ok. I interviewed with over 4 people and would only be reporting to one of them. 3 of the 4 folks I interviewed with were not very technical and not familiar with the complete job opportunity. Hired for one job and ended up being pushed into another job.

Interview Questions
    • More interested in salary requirements rather than skills   Answer Question

Offer too low for my skillset I could provide

Disorganized Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Allscripts in May 2008.

Hr never bothered to tell anyone that they'd arranged an interview with me. Hung around for an hour while they tried to find someone who knew what I was talking about, finally gave up and left. Hiring manager called about an hour, and was very nice and apologetic. Seemed like a good guy, but was very worried about the company itself by this point, so I declined to reschedule.