Allscripts Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

Associate Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in January 2012.

I received my first phone interview after I applied through the company's website. It was a general interview about me and any related experience I have that fit the position. Some technical question also. I then received another interview invitation that I had to travel from one state to Raleigh, NC. Everything went really good with great organization and interviewer. Well organized!!!. Started with a presentation, we (28 candidates) started with 1 to 1 presentation with 2 different interviewers in 2 different room. I was able to answer all the questions and I think I did pretty good. very technical.
    After 2 weeks, I received another call telling to that I will have another interview again (phone). I did the interview, and it went pretty good, and I was told that they will contact me soon.
    I am not sure what really happened, but I almost got the job unless someone else had better qualification for this position. I recommend the company to anyone who want to apply because they really offer great benefit and great people working there.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allscripts in December 2011.

I was contacted by my recruiter that this position was open at AllScripts. I was interested so they submitted my resume on my behalf. The next day, the recruiter informed they wanted a phone interview and a panel interview scheduled. I gave him my availability and he set up the times.
    I had a phone interview just to see if I had experience in the skills they described in the job posting. Which I do. The phone interviewer called me 15 minutes late due to a extended previous call. He also did not have my resume in front of him. And didn't know what position or Job ID this was for. So this was an interesting start to say the least. The phone call was dropped and he called me back. At the end of call he requested that I fill out the online profile for the job and attach my resume. I did.
    The next day, the interviewer, not my recruiter, called me and informed me of the panel interview and possibly the panel, but he wasn't sure.
    2 days later, I showed up for the panel interview. I was pleasantly surprised with the casual environment and the down to Earth guys in the room. They did not have copies of my resume, so I provided extras. We proceeded with the technical questions across many different areas. It went well. My answers were thorough and I talked about my experiences in each area. After the interview i called my recuiter and let him know it went okay. He said they are still interviewing another candidate in the morning and hoped to hear after that. The panel had to reschedule the next candidate and I am waiting to hear the next step. However, for holidays, they are closed for the next two days. More news soon. I hope.
    1 week since interview. no feedback. The recruiter says they have had several "issues" they've been working on. He says he has an afternoon call with them about another position they need filled. Not sounding promising to me.

Interview Questions
    • What is your technical background?   Answer Question
    • Talk about Active Directory and the advanced knowledge within AD that you possess.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allscripts in September 2011.

I applied via email, was asked for writing samples and had a phone screening with HR the following day, and a phone interview with the hiring manager on the third day.

The phone calls seemed to go well, and on the fourth day, someone called to set an appointment for an onsite interview a week later. She also emailed me an interview schedule, which I printed and took with me for reference.

Incidentally, I had to fill out their "official" application before the interview. It was not possible to complete the application without stating a salary range. At this point, I still knew only a little about the position - I had not met with the rest of the team, hadn't seen the software or any documentation, and had no details whatsoever about any other benefits. This happens frequently, and I feel that employers don't do themselves any favors by putting applicants on the spot like that. The employers already hold most of the cards. The least they can do is tell us what the insurance will cost before they ask us to name a figure.

The application also limited me to only three references. I can provide a lot more references than that.

Anyway, on the day of the interview, I left my house early, but not early enough. I had severely underestimated the Boston traffic and arrived half an hour late. When I realized that I was not going to be on time, I pulled over to call the office. It was at this time that I discovered that, although the interview schedule listed the office address and the names of my interviewers, it did not include a single phone number. I blame myself for assuming this information would be on there and not taking any phone numbers with me, but I also feel that it's ridiculous that they don't give a number to call. (One of the HR people left a message on my home phone asking where I was. I don't understand why she didn't call my cell phone - I included the number on my application.) I could have called Information for the number, but I didn't want to delay my arrival any longer.

By the time I got to the interview, I was very discouraged and not sure I even wanted to continue. However, every person I encountered that day assured me that they understood and that it was not a problem. I believed them, and began to relax.

I met with the entire writing team and a developer, one at a time. Some of the interviewers asked questions about my resume, while others asked me specific technical questions. Still others used standard "behavioral interview" questions, which I loathe because they are about the past. I don't have a problem with the past, but every situation is different, and it is not safe to assume that I will approach similar problems the same way every time. We grow over time and learn new things that change the way we react - or we should at least aspire to do so. (I was amused, and a little worried, when two of my interviewers asked the same question - how I dealt with a problematic coworker.)

After speaking with everyone, I felt very positive about the experience and the company. Based on our interactions and things that people said to me, I felt that I had made a good impression despite my flustered, late arrival. I no longer cared how long the commute would be or even what the salary range was like - I was excited by the prospect of working with such a positive and likable group on an interesting product using my favorite software tools.

However, when I got home, a rejection email from HR was already waiting for me. There was no explanation or helpful feedback, but it was clear that it hadn't taken them long to decide - and that they didn't want to pretend that it had been a tough decision.

While I do appreciate a speedy interview process and don't like being kept on the hook, it might be better to wait until the day after the interview before rejecting an applicant. Being unemployed is hard enough on the ego; it is that much worse when your skills are dismissed so quickly. Let your candidates go to sleep that night with hope in their hearts. (Also, give them a phone number to contact the office where they'll be interviewing.)

Interview Questions
    • Two different people asked me to describe a time when I dealt with a difficult person. (No other question was posed to me twice.)   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in September 2011.

The phone interview went well, very general, told me about the job description and the salary. The agent did more talking than I did. Then said that I would be going to an interview conference with other potential candidates at a date. Said they would specify in the coming weeks about the conference (where to be, when exactly it was, etc). Then the agent never got back to me after a week or so, and even after an email. I've read that this is a trend with this company. At least send a courtesy email saying that the position is no longer available, or the conference has been moved, or that the company is no longer interested so that a job seeker may move on with a definite answer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with traveling 75% of the time?   Answer Question
    • Will you be able to do the 5 week training courses at an off-site from company before you are given portfolio with clients?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Allscripts in September 2011.

Hiring process was long and drawn out. It took Allscripts HR 5 months to turn around to get to my second interviews all the while not returning any of my emails and of phone calls on the next steps from the 1st interview.

Hard and stringent. They're pay scale is for their positions are the lowest for any progressive Healtcare IT company in the market.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allscripts in September 2011.

You have to know someone and be intelligent.

none, offer was good

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Allscripts in August 2011.

My initial phone conversation was with HR. The HR call was general, lots of verifying your experience & the usual questions about strengths/weaknesses, why AllScipts, why should we hire you, etc. The second interview was a video call with a hiring manager which lasted about one hour. That call was largely used to go over my resume and past experiences & how those applied to this position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you approach reluctant clients?   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allscripts in August 2011.

Went quickly, did a quick phone interview, then flew to HQ and interviewed with several folks. I knew that day I would be getting an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Describe the roles and responsibilities of your current position   Answer Question
    Easy, got everthing I asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Allscripts in June 2011.

Initially I was basics of programming related to C# (hashtable, split() function, delegates etc)
    Then I got interviewed via Skype, basics of programming. Database normalisation, difference between cluster/non-cluster index, OOP, polymorphism, dfference between C++/C#/Java etc.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allscripts in June 2011.

One interview with a speaker phone. Asked questions relevant to the position.

No negotiation, was through a 3rd party contract agency