Allscripts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

Practice Management Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in May 2012.

Submitted my resume on line. I was contacted within a week of submitting and I interviewed via Skype with two senior managers. The questions focused on how my skillset aligned with the company job posting. The emphasis was on demonstrating that I was trainable and that I could work in a team environment. Offered the job directly during the interview

Interview Questions
    • What features of Allscripts Electronic Medical Records distinguish our company from other EHR providers?   View Answer
    Very little negotiation. I did my research then increased what I was willing to accept by 5 thousand dollars.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allscripts in May 2012.

very nice process of interview. Recruiter contacted on email, scheduled a phone interview, then set up another conference call with three people who made the decision just the next day.
    Why this position?
    Past Experience?
    simple questions based on the resume.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in April 2012.

Interview was mostly geared to determine whether you are a good fit for their culture. Hence questions focused on behavior response to past work or life-related situations.

Interview Questions
    • You were informed system went down last night and files were now being restored. A customer calls and is upset there is no file access as work cannot get done. You are asked to resolve this situation with the interviewer through role playing.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allscripts in February 2012.

FIFTH interview...first rounds were over phone with HR, then hiring dept. mgr, then with some members of the team..plus submit past presentations and writing samples. Now I am going to my first "face to face" meeting with the hiring dept mgr. Still no offer but HOPING!

Associate Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in January 2012.

Recruiter was very professional and kept me updated at each step of the process from phone interview through job offer.

Associate Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allscripts in January 2012.

Very lengthy drawn out process. Took over a month. 2 phone interviews and one all day interview group. Consisted of giving a presentation, roleplay, and just a basic get to know each other. There were about 30 people interviewed at the final process and about 8 selected. I applied for this job online at their website.

Low salary.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allscripts in December 2011.

I was contacted by my recruiter that this position was open at AllScripts. I was interested so they submitted my resume on my behalf. The next day, the recruiter informed they wanted a phone interview and a panel interview scheduled. I gave him my availability and he set up the times.
    I had a phone interview just to see if I had experience in the skills they described in the job posting. Which I do. The phone interviewer called me 15 minutes late due to a extended previous call. He also did not have my resume in front of him. And didn't know what position or Job ID this was for. So this was an interesting start to say the least. The phone call was dropped and he called me back. At the end of call he requested that I fill out the online profile for the job and attach my resume. I did.
    The next day, the interviewer, not my recruiter, called me and informed me of the panel interview and possibly the panel, but he wasn't sure.
    2 days later, I showed up for the panel interview. I was pleasantly surprised with the casual environment and the down to Earth guys in the room. They did not have copies of my resume, so I provided extras. We proceeded with the technical questions across many different areas. It went well. My answers were thorough and I talked about my experiences in each area. After the interview i called my recuiter and let him know it went okay. He said they are still interviewing another candidate in the morning and hoped to hear after that. The panel had to reschedule the next candidate and I am waiting to hear the next step. However, for holidays, they are closed for the next two days. More news soon. I hope.
    1 week since interview. no feedback. The recruiter says they have had several "issues" they've been working on. He says he has an afternoon call with them about another position they need filled. Not sounding promising to me.

Interview Questions
    • What is your technical background?   Answer Question
    • Talk about Active Directory and the advanced knowledge within AD that you possess.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allscripts in September 2011.

I applied via email, was asked for writing samples and had a phone screening with HR the following day, and a phone interview with the hiring manager on the third day.

The phone calls seemed to go well, and on the fourth day, someone called to set an appointment for an onsite interview a week later. She also emailed me an interview schedule, which I printed and took with me for reference.

Incidentally, I had to fill out their "official" application before the interview. It was not possible to complete the application without stating a salary range. At this point, I still knew only a little about the position - I had not met with the rest of the team, hadn't seen the software or any documentation, and had no details whatsoever about any other benefits. This happens frequently, and I feel that employers don't do themselves any favors by putting applicants on the spot like that. The employers already hold most of the cards. The least they can do is tell us what the insurance will cost before they ask us to name a figure.

The application also limited me to only three references. I can provide a lot more references than that.

Anyway, on the day of the interview, I left my house early, but not early enough. I had severely underestimated the Boston traffic and arrived half an hour late. When I realized that I was not going to be on time, I pulled over to call the office. It was at this time that I discovered that, although the interview schedule listed the office address and the names of my interviewers, it did not include a single phone number. I blame myself for assuming this information would be on there and not taking any phone numbers with me, but I also feel that it's ridiculous that they don't give a number to call. (One of the HR people left a message on my home phone asking where I was. I don't understand why she didn't call my cell phone - I included the number on my application.) I could have called Information for the number, but I didn't want to delay my arrival any longer.

By the time I got to the interview, I was very discouraged and not sure I even wanted to continue. However, every person I encountered that day assured me that they understood and that it was not a problem. I believed them, and began to relax.

I met with the entire writing team and a developer, one at a time. Some of the interviewers asked questions about my resume, while others asked me specific technical questions. Still others used standard "behavioral interview" questions, which I loathe because they are about the past. I don't have a problem with the past, but every situation is different, and it is not safe to assume that I will approach similar problems the same way every time. We grow over time and learn new things that change the way we react - or we should at least aspire to do so. (I was amused, and a little worried, when two of my interviewers asked the same question - how I dealt with a problematic coworker.)

After speaking with everyone, I felt very positive about the experience and the company. Based on our interactions and things that people said to me, I felt that I had made a good impression despite my flustered, late arrival. I no longer cared how long the commute would be or even what the salary range was like - I was excited by the prospect of working with such a positive and likable group on an interesting product using my favorite software tools.

However, when I got home, a rejection email from HR was already waiting for me. There was no explanation or helpful feedback, but it was clear that it hadn't taken them long to decide - and that they didn't want to pretend that it had been a tough decision.

While I do appreciate a speedy interview process and don't like being kept on the hook, it might be better to wait until the day after the interview before rejecting an applicant. Being unemployed is hard enough on the ego; it is that much worse when your skills are dismissed so quickly. Let your candidates go to sleep that night with hope in their hearts. (Also, give them a phone number to contact the office where they'll be interviewing.)

Interview Questions
    • Two different people asked me to describe a time when I dealt with a difficult person. (No other question was posed to me twice.)   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allscripts in September 2011.

The phone interview went well, very general, told me about the job description and the salary. The agent did more talking than I did. Then said that I would be going to an interview conference with other potential candidates at a date. Said they would specify in the coming weeks about the conference (where to be, when exactly it was, etc). Then the agent never got back to me after a week or so, and even after an email. I've read that this is a trend with this company. At least send a courtesy email saying that the position is no longer available, or the conference has been moved, or that the company is no longer interested so that a job seeker may move on with a definite answer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with traveling 75% of the time?   Answer Question
    • Will you be able to do the 5 week training courses at an off-site from company before you are given portfolio with clients?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allscripts in September 2011.

You have to know someone and be intelligent.

none, offer was good