Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Allscripts
- Associate Software Engineer (8)
- Software Engineer (7)
- Implementation Consultant (5)
- Technical Consultant (4)
- Project Manager (4)
- Support Consultant (4)
- Support Specialist (4)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Associate Services Consultant (3)
- Implementation Analyst (3)
- Technical Support Analyst (3)
- Systems Analyst (3)
- Software Developer (2)
- Senior Architect (2)
- Senior Technical Writer (2)
- Manager (2)
- Senior Quality Engineer (2)
- Clinical Analyst (2)
- Consultant (2)
- Vice President (1)
- Receptionist (1)
- Technical Writer (1)
- Database Administrator (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Director of Software Development (1)
- Executive (1)
- Senior Automation Engineer (1)
- Education (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Product Designer (1)
Senior Software Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allscripts in May 2011.
A recruiter initially called me and put me through screener questions on .NET and SQL. She then emailed me a code test which I had to email her overnight. It was simple but tested your approach to simple problems.
I was then invited for an onsite interview which went on for over 4-5 hours. The interview was very thorough and included behaviourial as well as technical questions. The interviewers were from all levels of their development team from mid level engineers, senior engineers, DBAs and architects and I got a real sense of how it would be to work with them. They interviewed one on one and at the end of the day they came together on a panel interview. The senior engineers and architects are very knowledgable and probed in depth with their questions. I was also given an onsite code test.
I was called back another day to meet up with more team members who werent present on my first onsite visit. Their one on one interviews were followed by a panel interiew.
Next day, the recruiter called back to discuss their offer.
- Discuss how you would go about troubleshooting a performance problem. Discuss all performance counters you would use. Answer Question
Offer didnt meet my finanical objective.