Allstate

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Allstate

Interview Details – There are three rounds of interviews in total. The first interview is with HR to discuss your general information in the resume. The second round is very technical and I consider it very hard. If you passed the second round, you will invite to the final round in their home office.

Interview Question – Very Technical in the second round phone interview   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through school career site and interviewed on campus. I met them a couple times at company presentations. Everyone seemed very smart and like they enjoyed working there. I met with one person to go over my resume and then met with a couple other people in a separate room, where they asked me a few quantitative questions.

Interview Question – Estimate the tuition for your college in 25 years.   Answer Question

Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in October 2011.

Interview Details – There were logic questions and behavioral questions.
Logic: you have a 5 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon bucket. How can you measure out 4 gallons

Interview Questions

• You Have a 5 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon bucket. How do you measure out 4 gallons   View Answers (3)
  • You have seven balls and a two sided scale. all weigh the same but one. In two measurements find th odd bal   View Answers (3)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed internally for an actuarial analyst position. HR was a positive, professional experience. Actuaries with whom I interviewed with were successful actuaries with normal-people personality skills. Nothing but professionalism in the interview on both sides. Easy to build rapport with analysts. Preparation was intense, and there were five interviewers (including during lunch with two prospective peers). A very rigorous experience. I would recommend people who can get into Pricing to work there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you uncovered an aberration or anomaly in data.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Allstate in May 2010.

Interview Details – First I had an on-campus interview at my university with two individuals.

Months later the one-day interview involved:

Breakfast with an individual
A half hour "introduction" with another individual - basically a short interview
Giving a 10-minute presentation to 5-6 people, with questions afterward
2 1-hour interviews with 2 different people
1-hour lunch with two people
1 last 1-hour interview with one more person

Interview Questions

• If you have 8 ball, all of equal weight except for 1 that is lighter, how can you figure out which one is the lightest? You can only do two weighings on a balance scale.   View Answer
  • Describe a time you encountered a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in March 2010.

Interview Details – I received a brief phone interview (20 minutes) with a recruiter. I had to rate my skills with various computer programs and answer a few open-ended questions. One was "describe a time when you went the extra mile at work" or something similar.

Actuarial Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Allstate in January 2011.

Interview Details – first I was called by a recruiter, he asked a double of SAS question such how to join two table horizontally.
next day I got a call from HR manager. some IQ question.

Interview Question – there is 12 balls, all are the same look, but one is lighter than the others. how to find it by a level for three times?   View Answers (2)

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 initial interviews - easy. second round - all behaviorial quesions.

Interview Question – tell me about a time that was difficult for you to overcome a situation   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate Actuarial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees and interview candidates.