Allstate

Updated May 13, 2014

3.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

There are three rounds of interviews in total. The first interview is with HR to discuss your general information in the resume. The second round is very technical and I consider it very hard. If you passed the second round, you will invite to the final round in their home office.

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in February 2013.

Applied online through school career site and interviewed on campus. I met them a couple times at company presentations. Everyone seemed very smart and like they enjoyed working there. I met with one person to go over my resume and then met with a couple other people in a separate room, where they asked me a few quantitative questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate in October 2011.

There were logic questions and behavioral questions.
    Logic: you have a 5 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon bucket. How can you measure out 4 gallons

Interview Questions
    • You Have a 5 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon bucket. How do you measure out 4 gallons   View Answers (3)
    • You have seven balls and a two sided scale. all weigh the same but one. In two measurements find th odd bal   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate in May 2010.

First I had an on-campus interview at my university with two individuals.

Months later the one-day interview involved:

Breakfast with an individual
    A half hour "introduction" with another individual - basically a short interview
    Giving a 10-minute presentation to 5-6 people, with questions afterward
    2 1-hour interviews with 2 different people
    1-hour lunch with two people
    1 last 1-hour interview with one more person

Interview Questions
    • If you have 8 ball, all of equal weight except for 1 that is lighter, how can you figure out which one is the lightest? You can only do two weighings on a balance scale.   View Answer
    • Describe a time you encountered a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate in March 2010.

I received a brief phone interview (20 minutes) with a recruiter. I had to rate my skills with various computer programs and answer a few open-ended questions. One was "describe a time when you went the extra mile at work" or something similar.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in February 2009.

Interviewed internally for an actuarial analyst position. HR was a positive, professional experience. Actuaries with whom I interviewed with were successful actuaries with normal-people personality skills. Nothing but professionalism in the interview on both sides. Easy to build rapport with analysts. Preparation was intense, and there were five interviewers (including during lunch with two prospective peers). A very rigorous experience. I would recommend people who can get into Pricing to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you uncovered an aberration or anomaly in data.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate in January 2011.

first I was called by a recruiter, he asked a double of SAS question such how to join two table horizontally.
    next day I got a call from HR manager. some IQ question.

Interview Questions
    • there is 12 balls, all are the same look, but one is lighter than the others. how to find it by a level for three times?   View Answers (2)

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in January 2010.

2 initial interviews - easy. second round - all behaviorial quesions.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time that was difficult for you to overcome a situation   View Answer