Allstate

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in April 2012.

Interview Details – They basically give you a phone call if your application gets past HR and if the interview goes well I assume they give you an offer.

Interview Question – What would you consider your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruiter after my online application. He asked basic questions such as salary expectations, why Allstate, and why I was interested in the position. Next was an on site interview with the hiring manager, who was very nice and thorough with the interview. They asked very specific questions about my past professional experience and explained the position in more detail. During this time, I again reiterated my expectations of salary. Building was nice, people seem friendly. Hours appear to be standard although they limit lunches to 30 minutes. Office located just north of 285 off 75 and Windy Hill. Overall the HR rep was very nice and informative, as well as the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Why Allstate?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Their offer was considerably below market and my own expectations. They counter offered but it was still very low.

Topeka, KS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and a recruiter contacted me the same week. I had interviewed previously and been turned down for a different job by the same recruiter. This showed that if you get rejected once, you can still keep applying and don't automatically rule you out. The interview first consisted of general yes or no questions, like if you are okay with doing a background check if necessary, or if you require a work visa. Then they move on to easy personal questions and also ask what interests you about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where working in a group was more beneficial than working by yourself.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work extra hard to come out on top.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in May 2012.

Interview Details – they asked most of the behavioral questions

Interview Question – Give an example you went above and beyond the expectations?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Allstate in January 2008.

Interview Details – phone, face to face

Interview Question – examples of experiences with conflict   Answer Question

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!