Allstate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I have applied to Allstate many times in the last year and half for very similar internship positions. I finally received an email the day after applying to the most recent interview(Very quick in my opinion). The email asked me to participate in a prerecorded and taped phone interview within the next 48 hours. The interview asked questions like the following: What is your name? What is your major? What is your school? tell me about .....***certain scenarios*** I got the feeling that this interview was a big part of their weeding process because there was nothing technical about it. It was more about my experience and how I could answer a question with no preperation. After this recorded phone interview, I was invited for the next round: a phone interview with someone I would be working with. This interview was about my experience in school and my previous internship. I based it around the strengths I knew they would like for this particular internship. They still didn't ask too many technical questions. I got the feeling again that they were more concerned with choosing an intern with a mind for critical thinking and problem solving which was good for me because I am an engineering student. After this interview, I emailed and thanked them. I got a phone call the next week with an offer..They decided not to hold an in person interview because the interviewer was certain he wanted to work with me. Overall, very efficient process. Very friendly employees at Allstate.

Interview Questions

• What technology are you most uncomfortable with? (Only a few moments to come up with a responce because it is a prerecorded interveiw)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called and emailed me looking to set up an in person interview. I responded and within a week I was interviewing at the headquarters in Northbrook. Interview was around an hour long and consisted mainly of behavioral questions, which were not that hard to answer. Interview seemed to go fairly well and was told I would hear back in 2 weeks at the latest. Three weeks later I sent the hiring manager and follow up to see if there was any update to which I received a reply from the recruiter saying I was still under consideration and applologizing for the delay. After that I heard nothing for about three more weeks until I received a generic you are no longer under consideration email. Not sure what took so long for them to just tell me that.

Interview Questions

• Some discussion on background mainly just behavioral ones.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

One phone interview with an HR person and one interview with the future manager. I then received an email from the HR person telling me that I got the job and this was my starting salary. Pretty straight forward, as expected as I was referred by an employee. Both the HR and the manager interviews were relaxed and the standard questions for an Analyst job are being asked so hae no fear when going for Allstate, there are no tricks in their employment process.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you didn't meet a target   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Allstate (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

They basically give you a phone call if your application gets past HR and if the interview goes well I assume they give you an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter after my online application. He asked basic questions such as salary expectations, why Allstate, and why I was interested in the position. Next was an on site interview with the hiring manager, who was very nice and thorough with the interview. They asked very specific questions about my past professional experience and explained the position in more detail. During this time, I again reiterated my expectations of salary. Building was nice, people seem friendly. Hours appear to be standard although they limit lunches to 30 minutes. Office located just north of 285 off 75 and Windy Hill. Overall the HR rep was very nice and informative, as well as the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Their offer was considerably below market and my own expectations. They counter offered but it was still very low.

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Allstate (Topeka, KS) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me the same week. I had interviewed previously and been turned down for a different job by the same recruiter. This showed that if you get rejected once, you can still keep applying and don't automatically rule you out. The interview first consisted of general yes or no questions, like if you are okay with doing a background check if necessary, or if you require a work visa. Then they move on to easy personal questions and also ask what interests you about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where working in a group was more beneficial than working by yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work extra hard to come out on top.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in May 2012.

Interview

they asked most of the behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Give an example you went above and beyond the expectations?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate in January 2008.

Interview

phone, face to face