Allstate

Allstate Applications Developer Intern Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Developer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate.

I received a phone interview for this position. The phone interview was almost purely technical, which really caught me off guard. I was expecting a behavioral interview, since all of my previous phone interviews with other companies have been behavioral.

I definitely was not prepared for this interview, as the interviewer was asking me to define terms from courses I've taken 3 years ago. He also asked about terms I have not heard, but know how to do. An example of this was his question about defining what an abstract class was. I know how to create abstract functions and what they are, but I did not know that classes that use abstract functions are called abstract classes. During the phone interview, it never crossed my mind to relate the two and I ended up saying that I didn't know what an abstract class was, which I ended up kicking myself in the butt over, later on.

Interview Questions
  • How do you create an interface?
    What are the 4 defining principles of OO programming?
    Define what an abstract class is.
    What libraries does .NET use?
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Contacted by HR regarding interview. They asked me to attend an event where other applicants were also being interviewed. I met with 2 groups and both interviewed me with mostly behavioral and questions about what I've done in the past. I was surprised to not get that many technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between a string and a stringstream?   View Answer
    Didn't bother to negotiate, it's my first internship.