Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Allstate
- Claims Adjuster (39)
- Customer Service Representative (19)
- Financial Analyst (18)
- Business Analyst (13)
- Intern (11)
- Claims Service Specialist (10)
- Actuarial Analyst (8)
- Insurance Agent (8)
- Project Manager (6)
- Applications Developer (6)
- Claims Processor (6)
- Leadership Development Program (5)
- Analyst (5)
- Claims Service Representative (5)
- Liability Claims Adjuster (5)
- Administrative Assistant (5)
- Actuarial Intern (5)
- Claims Adjuster Trainee (5)
- Application Developer (4)
- Sales Associate (4)
- Senior Financial Analyst (3)
- Sales Representative (3)
- Licensed Sales Producer (3)
- Sales (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Adjuster (3)
- Agency Owner (3)
- Claims Service Adjuster (3)
- Pricing Technician Analyst (3)
- Product Operations Quantitative Analyst (2)
Applications Developer Intern Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate.
I received a phone interview for this position. The phone interview was almost purely technical, which really caught me off guard. I was expecting a behavioral interview, since all of my previous phone interviews with other companies have been behavioral.
I definitely was not prepared for this interview, as the interviewer was asking me to define terms from courses I've taken 3 years ago. He also asked about terms I have not heard, but know how to do. An example of this was his question about defining what an abstract class was. I know how to create abstract functions and what they are, but I did not know that classes that use abstract functions are called abstract classes. During the phone interview, it never crossed my mind to relate the two and I ended up saying that I didn't know what an abstract class was, which I ended up kicking myself in the butt over, later on.
- How do you create an interface?
What are the 4 defining principles of OO programming?
Define what an abstract class is.
What libraries does .NET use? View Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Allstate
Applications Developer Intern InterviewInterview Details
Contacted by HR regarding interview. They asked me to attend an event where other applicants were also being interviewed. I met with 2 groups and both interviewed me with mostly behavioral and questions about what I've done in the past. I was surprised to not get that many technical questions.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsDidn't bother to negotiate, it's my first internship.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- What's the difference between a string and a stringstream? View Answer