Allstate Applications Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.7

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate (Urbana, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

There was one technical interview that I got after attending a career fair at my school. It was fairly easy. Mostly questions related to Java language. There were also a few Data structure questions i.e. explaining what stacks and queues were. And then there were also a few SQL questions, mostly related to how you would query for elements. Then next part of the process was a behavioral phone interview, where you recorded your voice to questions.

Interview Questions

• Stacks, Queues, Java questions (i.e. what does the garbage collector do?), SQL   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Applications Developer Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I applied at the career fair that was held at my university. I was then contacted for a on campus interview. First interview was technical and went over your resume. I was then contacted weeks later for a onsite interview. I got interviewed by two people the first one was technical and the second one was behavior. If you you want to do well on the interviews make sure you know databases, object oriented programming, and your data structures.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Lincoln, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online. I got an email back from the Talent Coordinator of Allstate looking to have me come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview and they gave me a location. I interviewed with the manager who hired me and one of my soon to be cooworkers. The asked me about everything on my resume, they were trying to get a feel for who I was, what I do, how I do it and so forth. We chatted for about an hour. There was a scripted part of the interview, casual conversation about things on my resume, and a time for me to ask them questions. After I had ran out of questions, I thanked them, and went home. A few days later I got a call back from Allstate and they had offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part of the interview was answering some object oriented programming questions. At the time, I had blanked on the definition of polymorphism and the differences between an abstract class and an interface. I should have brushed up more on my programming knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, I accepted their terms. No negotiations for an intern position. None that I remember at least.

Application Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Champaign, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Didn't make it past the 1 on 1 interview but it would have been an onsite afterwards.

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

I met them at the career fair on at university. Handed them my resume and talked to the recruiter the next day for a 30 minute on campus interview. Was then invited to onsite interview that lasted the whole day.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Send my resume through their Online portal. After two days of submitting the resume I received a call from them asking me expected salary, availability for technical interview. Technical interview went smoothly, a bunch of Java questions, not so hard. There next interview was through skype with the project manager, lead developer and HR. Interview was about previous experience and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were easy.   1 Answer

Had a better offer

Application Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process began with me receiving a call from someone from HR notifying me that they were interested. During the phone screen, she bascially gave me an overview of the position, and just asked basic questions about my resume and my experiences. The second interview was a phone interview with the team lead from the Northbrook office. Her interview was very situational and behavioral. This consisted of a lot of name a time when, and what do you do if this happens type questions. This interview lasted about 30 min. I was then invited for an onsite interview which consisted of 2 one on one interviews with people I would potentially be working on the team with, and 1 one on one interview with the big manager over the engineering teams. Everyone was very warm and friendly. The next day after I had gotten home, I received an offer and was given time to think about the offer. Overall it was a very smooth interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about constructing a database for class registration?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

After an HR behavioral interview, I was asked to interview with a department manager. During the interview he asked me about my classwork and related work experience. He then asked me to speak with the senior developer that same afternoon. This was a technical interview where I was asked about my programming skills. I was asked to write sample code and debug pre-written code. This technical interview was difficult but not impossible.

Interview Questions

• As a junior developer did you ever spot errors in another developer's code? What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any reason not to be able to carry a pager for 24x7 on call support?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was'nt much to negotiate- I recieved a phone call from HR, they said that they would offer a full time position with all benefits and 35K to start. No negotiation- take it or leave it. I took it.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

Interview

Got connected with Allstate through and career fair at my University - through this fair it was very easy to submit my resume. They did a mini interview there on the spot. I got called back to an 'interview day' or something like that. There was two interviews, a behavioral and a technical. Both were a half hour long. Behavioral, they asked only 2 questions, so we had to be able to talk for 15 min on each question. They were too hard, descibing group experiances and mistakes we made, along those lines. For the Technical I believe they asked me 10-20 questions. I applied for Application Developer, most questions were fairly easy, describe scope, descibe object-oriented programming, descibe 'static'....if you are a computer science major and grasp what is goin on in your classes, it should be easy....They also have drug and background screenings (screenings are after the position is accepted).

Interview Questions

• They asked my questions on SQL, at the time I had not yet taken a Databse course so I was clueless on SQL....I told them I was enrolled in a database course and was taking it next semester, they were understanding.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need to negotiate, they offered a lot of money for an intership.

Application Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

In the preliminary phone interview, you will be asked some general questions such as why did you chose Allstate, why do you think you are a good fit for the position, for what reason you chose such career path, tell a little bit about your previous experiences, and the weirdest one is to tell about a situation when you tried your hardest but did not achieve the expected results. Then they will email you asking to complete the application form with some extra information and if you pass that, there will be an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• the weirdest one is to tell about a situation when you tried your hardest but did not achieve the expected results   Answer Question