Allstate

2.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter and notified I had been a "short-listed" candidate. A week later was contacted to set up interview time. Interviewed and two days later contacted by recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • Explain in detail an instance where troubleshooting skills were used.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in November 2012.

I had applied for a number of B.A jobs on their job/career page, and I had spoken with a recruiter for another position a week before. I got an email from a different recruiter regarding a different position that was more well-aligned with my background. They wanted me to schedule an in person interview with another BA and a manager right away, which I am assuming was because my background was exactly what was required of this position. I had a 1 hour interview that Friday, and the interview was mostly behavior and S.T.A.R questions. I tried to be pretty technical in my interview and discuss my background as much as I could to expedite the entire process. They called me about 2 weeks after my interview with a job offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to introduce a new process or procedure to a customer/user who was resistant to change or difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2012.

Applied on company website. Received phone call from recruiter explaining position, expressing interest, and asked some behavioral questions. Scheduled phone interview with manager lasting 30 minutes and consisted of behavioral questions. Face-to-face meeting with manager and senior business analyst on campus. I was asked approximately 10 scripted behavioral questions and was told about the position. Use the S.T.A.R. method and you should be completely fine. Not difficult at all, try to be very personable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to lead a meeting.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you were given a task with little information.   View Answer
    Entry-level position without much negotiation. Compensation lower than industry standard and extremely low for cost of living.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2011.

Hiring process was HR and then two levels of IT managers. Basic questions from HR point person and then highly technical from the IT managers. Inquiries about past projects, resolution and accomplishments in details. Each one asked of conflict resolution with team players and how I handled those situations. Each interview was roughly one hour, with the HR initial interview the shortest. The style was relaxed and not as intense as other companies. The HR for Allstate is very impressive as well. The campus must have 15-20 buildings.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions on data architecture , programming questions and 'what if' scenario's . Typical best and worst qualities, and one asked 'why is a manhole round' These are typical Google questions that have come out in the last few years with Fortune 500 companies. The main questions focused on my success as a business analyst in my past positions. The responsibilities were discussed and one of them asked me about a specific problem they had and how I would handle it if I worked for them. It was a logistical issue, and I told him how I would do a work around that particular problem. Overall, the process was less painful that I thought , minus the manhole question which I had read about in preparing for my interviews.   Answer Question
    They emailed me a proposal after an HR call. Salary was better than expected and I took the offer. It was a few days before final information was mailed to me with specific start date and reporting details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in March 2011.

Wasn't planned at all. Spoke with someone at a booth on my way to class and they took me in for a 3 step interview process. 1st interview was about skills and experience. 2nd was purely behavioral. 3rd was salary expectations. Received my contingent offer at the end of my 3rd interview. Took around 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the difference between a tactical solution and a strategic solution?   View Answer

Salary was too low. Had other offers with much higher salaries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate in March 2011.

The recruiter I met was great. He was very enthusiastic and helped secure me an interview with a hiring manager. I was first called by an HR recruiter as more of a screening interview. I then had a phone interview scheduled a month later with two managers. About another month later I received a call from HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to facilitate a meeting or project and explain the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in March 2011.

I previously worked at Allstate as a summer intern in the summer of 2010. Based on my ratings they invited me to apply to the job. The 12 week internship was like an extended interview. Because I worked there as an intern they gave me $1,000 Salary increase right off the bat. Usually there is a behavior interview and a technical interview. The recruiter will screen people and find the right candidate for the job. They will pass along the resumes to the managers that are looking for people. If you put down an employees name as a referral you will probably get the first interview which is usually a phone interview. Employee referrals are a big deal at Allstate.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if faced with a difficult situation as a business analyst? How would you handle it?   View Answers (2)
    • Why do you want to work at Allstate?   View Answer
    I had to ask if there was another incentive. They said based on the school I graduated and the fact that I was an intern they could offer me a signing bonus of $3k. They did not offer relocation assistance. The sign on bonus was to take place of the relocation assistance. Because my performance review at the company was so good for my internship they considered me for the position before they considered an outsider for entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in February 2011.

After I applied I was contacted through email saying they would like to schedule a phone interview.
    Phone interview consisted of all behavioral/situational questions as well as some questions about myself that they could not get from my resume to get to know me and some questions about where I see myself in the future. The questions were mostly standard questions that you would expect for behavioral interview questions but they also tailored the questions to pertain to me by what I put on my resume. They asked specific questions (at least 2) from each section of my resume.

The interview actually ended up lasting about 50 min-1 hour and was done by two people on speaker phone.

As I recall it took about 2 weeks for me to hear back from them when they scheduled an in person interview. It was at their headquarters in Northbrook, IL. I technically had three interviews there on site. The first one was with someone in another department called the UXA in which we would be working closely with. The second interview was with two Business Analysts who already work for Allstate. They had asked me to bring in some of my sample course work (use case, use case model, process flow diagrams etc.) So the interview with them was basically explaining all of my diagrams and them asking me questions about it. The third part of the interview was an "informal" chat with the BA team manager. Basically this chat was a personality test in my opinion to see if I would be a good fit to work with a team.

I was contacted 2 weeks later and offered the position. I have not yet accepted the offer but I will probably end up taking it.

Overall, the interview process for myself wasn't too difficult but that is because I PREPARED for it. If you go into it blind it will be a lot more difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in October 2009.

Everyone seemed pretty nice. There were 10 other candidates there also interviewing. All the candidates went through an icebreaker game. Afterwards, half the candidates went for a tour of Allstate and the other half went for for a one on one interview. They also provided food during the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2009.

The interviewing process was very impersonal and vague. There were not any follow-ups to inform you of the next steps that were to be taken. Interview was conducted, thank you letter was sent off, follow-ups were conducted but no response was received until they were ready to make the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are some negative traits about you that you would like to change?   View Answer
    The position was a lateral move.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!