Allstate Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

Customer Service Associate (Unlicensed) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person. She was very nice. Went over work history and had to answer 5 questions (STAR). She asked for the best number for me to be reached and told me my recruiter would reach back out to me. Two days later I received an offer. Offer was accepted. Pay is already set but it works for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

First I got an email from the recruiter that they wanted me to do a phone interview; pretty easy just an automated service that asks you questions and then your answers are recorded and it is timed, then you get an invitation for an assessment and days later you get an invite for an interview which was really bogus because it is with two people. I had two ladies they asked me situational questions and how I would handle certain situations and then I watched a 3 minute powerpoint about the position and the ways I could get involved with the company volunteerism etc, then they had me sit down with a claims adjuster to see how the job would be and she basically told me that I had the job and what to do, what not to do etc...and a week later I got an email that they decided to pursue other candidates. I drove 25 minutes out of my way for $578 every two weeks and to be told I wasn't chosen was a let down. Why allow me to shadow someone doing what I'd be doing if you had no intentions of hiring me?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where I went the extra mile for a customer? Name a time where something was extremely difficult for you on the job   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted soon for a phone interview, completed that, was contacted the next day to set up an in-person interview. General interview process (discuss previous jobs, qualifications), followed by a tour. Was contacted the next day with an offer. There is a background check & drug screen. It's a pretty standard interview, with the regular questions. Nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

• Examples of how you handled certain situations in previous jobs (customer service situation questions) & the other usual stuff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't one. You get what they offer.

Client Services Representative (Call Center) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Horrible interview, was asked questions that were not even "job description" related. Seemed all the questions were negative "HR issue" questions. Hardly ever talked about previous experience and I noticed the lack of diversity in the training classes and work floor. I think not being a minority was a reason. I surpassed the expectations of the job and experience and education requirements.

Interview Questions

• All questions were hr issue questions. None were related to the job.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Typical BI questions - be prepared to explain what you have done in the past. "Name a time when you had to coach someone", "Explain a time where you weren't satisfied with your performance". "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with change"

Direct Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Short informal, relaxed interview. Walked into sales area. Offered job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was as advertised. No negotiations.

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Allstate around the end of October 2013 from an uncompleted application. A phone interview was completed that day. After the initial interview a face-to-face interview was scheduled for the next day. I was then interviewed by a team lead and a department lead. I was given scenarion specific questions. Be sure to give specific examples from previous employers. After that intial interview the next day I was extended an offer from the same recruiter I spoke with on the previous day. From there I received emails with instructions for my background check and where I would have to go to complete my drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were really basic. They gave specific scenario questions like dealing with irate customers etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negtiation available

Inside Total Loss Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

It takes a LONG time beginning to end. First you are dealing with a recruiter out of your area generally and then eventually you have an interview where the job is actually located. It took over 2 weeks to get a response regarding the results and it was all done online. There was no real option to follow up with those you interviewed with. The most troubling aspect of the process for me was the actual job they were hiring for, did NOT match the job description that was advertised and discussed with the recruiter. I didn't know this until I had the face to face interview and the hiring manager started off by saying, "... you will be in front of the computer and on the phone all day long..." The job description posted on Indeed.com said quite the opposite. I was not qualified, nor interested, in the actual position they were looking for! The process wasted a great deal of my time.

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps that you took, in detail, to make an unpopular change in your workplace.   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied online. Was contacted by a Talent Acquisition specialist who scheduled a 15 minute phone interview consisting of a few questions of how I've handled previous difficult customers or how I've helped a customer before. Once the 15 minute phone interview is over the company emails you an online assessment consisting of various questions and scenarios to help see if you qualify for the position you are applying. The entire online assessment is multiple choice. I passed the online assessment and was emailed afterwards to schedule an in person interview. In person interview consists of two managers from the department you are applying for taking turns asking you questions about previous jobs, how you may have handled handled difficult customers in the past, your most difficult situation, what you've done in the past to better yourself if you've ever made a mistake, how you have contributed to a team environment, what's the best accomplishment you've ever achieved, and in the end they give you a chance to ask any questions you might have about the company. You will know/have a good feeling if you are offered the position or not at the completion of the in person interview based on the interviewers/closing actions they take and what you may or may not partake in. Basically the interviewers want to see that you are professional, providing and exceeding each and every customer's expectations that you interact with, and that you're looking for a career for the long run not a couple month job.

Interview Questions

• None difficult as long as you have previous scenarios that answer the questions they are asking. Most questions are based on previous experiences you may have had in life or with customers at a previous or current job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a e-mail two days later for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a interview in person the next week. Chris interviewed me, very laid-back, took me to an office and asked a series of questions. After the interview he waked me around the building and then let me know I will get a call the following week if I got the job. I was actually called back two hours after the interview by HR to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a conflict with another co-worker and what was the outcome?   Answer Question