Allstate

Relevance Date Difficulty

Direct Sales Professional Interview

Direct Sales Professional
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Typical BI questions - be prepared to explain what you have done in the past. "Name a time when you had to coach someone", "Explain a time where you weren't satisfied with your performance". "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with change"

Interview Question – None really, just come prepared with examples   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a e-mail two days later for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a interview in person the next week. Chris interviewed me, very laid-back, took me to an office and asked a series of questions. After the interview he waked me around the building and then let me know I will get a call the following week if I got the job. I was actually called back two hours after the interview by HR to tell me I got the job.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had a conflict with another co-worker and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

440 Licensed Customer Service Representative Interview

440 Licensed Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in April 2010.

Interview Details – Normal star type of interview in person plus 2 phone interviews and also a scripted mock customer at face to face interview. They give you a tour of the facilities and they expect you to be early to your appointment. They usually hire about 2 months in advance of the training class. Training is about 16 weeks and it is god awful and structured like a middle school class.

Interview Question – What will you personally bring to the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Direct Sales Specialist Interview

Direct Sales Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Short informal, relaxed interview. Walked into sales area. Offered job.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was as advertised. No negotiations.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Allstate in March 2013.

Interview Details – went through a hiring agency

Interview Question – what are your weakness   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Claims Service Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from Allstate around the end of October 2013 from an uncompleted application. A phone interview was completed that day. After the initial interview a face-to-face interview was scheduled for the next day. I was then interviewed by a team lead and a department lead. I was given scenarion specific questions. Be sure to give specific examples from previous employers. After that intial interview the next day I was extended an offer from the same recruiter I spoke with on the previous day. From there I received emails with instructions for my background check and where I would have to go to complete my drug testing.

Interview Question – Questions were really basic. They gave specific scenario questions like dealing with irate customers etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negtiation available

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Total Loss Trainee Interview

Inside Total Loss Trainee
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2013.

Interview Details – It takes a LONG time beginning to end. First you are dealing with a recruiter out of your area generally and then eventually you have an interview where the job is actually located. It took over 2 weeks to get a response regarding the results and it was all done online. There was no real option to follow up with those you interviewed with. The most troubling aspect of the process for me was the actual job they were hiring for, did NOT match the job description that was advertised and discussed with the recruiter. I didn't know this until I had the face to face interview and the hiring manager started off by saying, "... you will be in front of the computer and on the phone all day long..." The job description posted on Indeed.com said quite the opposite. I was not qualified, nor interested, in the actual position they were looking for! The process wasted a great deal of my time.

Interview Question – Describe the steps that you took, in detail, to make an unpopular change in your workplace.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Allstate in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a guy reading alot of different scenarios and asking me what I would do in the situation.

Interview Question – Remembering sales numbers   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Claims Service Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – I applied online. Was contacted by a Talent Acquisition specialist who scheduled a 15 minute phone interview consisting of a few questions of how I've handled previous difficult customers or how I've helped a customer before. Once the 15 minute phone interview is over the company emails you an online assessment consisting of various questions and scenarios to help see if you qualify for the position you are applying. The entire online assessment is multiple choice. I passed the online assessment and was emailed afterwards to schedule an in person interview. In person interview consists of two managers from the department you are applying for taking turns asking you questions about previous jobs, how you may have handled handled difficult customers in the past, your most difficult situation, what you've done in the past to better yourself if you've ever made a mistake, how you have contributed to a team environment, what's the best accomplishment you've ever achieved, and in the end they give you a chance to ask any questions you might have about the company. You will know/have a good feeling if you are offered the position or not at the completion of the in person interview based on the interviewers/closing actions they take and what you may or may not partake in. Basically the interviewers want to see that you are professional, providing and exceeding each and every customer's expectations that you interact with, and that you're looking for a career for the long run not a couple month job.

Interview Question – None difficult as long as you have previous scenarios that answer the questions they are asking. Most questions are based on previous experiences you may have had in life or with customers at a previous or current job.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty standard - phone interview followed by on-site testing and finally a one-on-one interview with a manager. The last step was a drug test. The only thing I found slightly annoying is the fact that the testing was on-site which I found unnecessary. I was trying to relocate to Charlotte, so I had to make the 6 hour drive twice.

They are very serious about your background check after you are offered the job. They literally checked every one of my references, called my current job, my high school and my college. There was one detail from my application that was slightly off (because there wasn't a better option for me to select) and they called and grilled me about it. It ended up fine, but just be sure to be 100% truthful on the application.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate interview questions and advice in Charlotte, NC. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees and interview candidates.