Allstate

23 interviews

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allstate in February 2012.

Received phone call a few days after submitting application. Basic phone interview with general questions about job history, interest in position, etc. Did an online assessment and then was called back to schedule a sit down interview with team manager a couple days later. Interview was basic behavioral questions, they don't deviate from this at all BTW.. Was told about the job salary and responsibilities.. HR called me the next day and offered me the position

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you provided service above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you directly faced with a difficult situation with a customer and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they tell you the terms of compensation upfront.

Internet Chat- Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in July 2012.

Internal candidates with sales background only due to necessity of intimate familiarity with Allstate's internal guidelines and processes gained through experience with the Inbound Licensed Sales Representative role.

BDI format for all of the interviews they conduct throughout the company. In the Charlotte CCC office, these interviews are conducted by the team leader for the unit and they are the final hiring decision based on the standardized scoring of the results.

All answers should be presented in the "STAR" format (Situation, Task, Activity, Result) with emphasis on what you personally have done in previous roles that qualifies you to hold the position. They will ask you a question such as "Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer."

The appropriate response will include a synopsis of the situation the customer interaction presents, the task that a candidate performed in accordance with the customer's request, and the actual activities executed in the prescribed duty. They will expect you to wrap up your answers with a description of the result of everything that preceded it.

What once was a team of twelve high-performing property and casualty agents has dwindled into five as people are fired for dubious reasons (without honest attempts at coaching) or leave on their own accord to greener pastures. Multiple times job postings for replacements have been cancelled by corporate decision makers who have no idea how the job services customers, thus making it obvious that they don't see a plan for the position going forward.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you had to deal with a stressful environment and what coping methods did you use?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable salary within band ranging from ~$28,000 to ~$43,000 depending upon tenure and performance raises in the duration. Hourly with rare overtime opportunities in your function.

Formerly had additional commission based on sales that ranged up to $2,000 monthly, but that ended in Jan 2013 after being guaranteed that it would remain intact in late Oct 2012. At that time, the team was told long-term plans intended to transition to service in 2014. Not nearly as lucrative as it used to be.

Direct Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Typical BI questions - be prepared to explain what you have done in the past. "Name a time when you had to coach someone", "Explain a time where you weren't satisfied with your performance". "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with change"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2013.

I applied online and received a e-mail two days later for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a interview in person the next week. Chris interviewed me, very laid-back, took me to an office and asked a series of questions. After the interview he waked me around the building and then let me know I will get a call the following week if I got the job. I was actually called back two hours after the interview by HR to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had a conflict with another co-worker and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

440 Licensed Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in April 2010.

Normal star type of interview in person plus 2 phone interviews and also a scripted mock customer at face to face interview. They give you a tour of the facilities and they expect you to be early to your appointment. They usually hire about 2 months in advance of the training class. Training is about 16 weeks and it is god awful and structured like a middle school class.

Interview Questions
    • What will you personally bring to the company?   View Answer
    none

Direct Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate.

Short informal, relaxed interview. Walked into sales area. Offered job.

Interview Questions
    Salary was as advertised. No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Allstate in March 2013.

went through a hiring agency

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Allstate around the end of October 2013 from an uncompleted application. A phone interview was completed that day. After the initial interview a face-to-face interview was scheduled for the next day. I was then interviewed by a team lead and a department lead. I was given scenarion specific questions. Be sure to give specific examples from previous employers. After that intial interview the next day I was extended an offer from the same recruiter I spoke with on the previous day. From there I received emails with instructions for my background check and where I would have to go to complete my drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were really basic. They gave specific scenario questions like dealing with irate customers etc.   Answer Question
    No negtiation available

Inside Total Loss Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2013.

It takes a LONG time beginning to end. First you are dealing with a recruiter out of your area generally and then eventually you have an interview where the job is actually located. It took over 2 weeks to get a response regarding the results and it was all done online. There was no real option to follow up with those you interviewed with. The most troubling aspect of the process for me was the actual job they were hiring for, did NOT match the job description that was advertised and discussed with the recruiter. I didn't know this until I had the face to face interview and the hiring manager started off by saying, "... you will be in front of the computer and on the phone all day long..." The job description posted on Indeed.com said quite the opposite. I was not qualified, nor interested, in the actual position they were looking for! The process wasted a great deal of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the steps that you took, in detail, to make an unpopular change in your workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allstate in June 2013.

The interview consisted of a guy reading alot of different scenarios and asking me what I would do in the situation.

Interview Questions

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!