Allstate

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in October 2014.

Applied online for Charlotte, NC location. Got a call 2 weeks later for phone interview. Passed that, got another phone interview. Passed that, had a personal interview at location in Charlotte. Was asked off the wall questions not pertaining to the CSR call center by an unprofessional ghetto HR lady. Was then sent an email 2 days later stating I was not qualified even after me having 6 years in customer service!!! When I left, I noticed the 2 training classes of about 40 people were all BLACK people, not ONE other race. Im filing a discrimination lawsuit.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to come up with a work changing protocol in order to help your team out.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Typical BI questions - be prepared to explain what you have done in the past. "Name a time when you had to coach someone", "Explain a time where you weren't satisfied with your performance". "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with change"

Direct Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate.

Short informal, relaxed interview. Walked into sales area. Offered job.

Interview Questions
    Salary was as advertised. No negotiations.

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Allstate around the end of October 2013 from an uncompleted application. A phone interview was completed that day. After the initial interview a face-to-face interview was scheduled for the next day. I was then interviewed by a team lead and a department lead. I was given scenarion specific questions. Be sure to give specific examples from previous employers. After that intial interview the next day I was extended an offer from the same recruiter I spoke with on the previous day. From there I received emails with instructions for my background check and where I would have to go to complete my drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were really basic. They gave specific scenario questions like dealing with irate customers etc.   Answer Question
    No negtiation available

Inside Total Loss Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in September 2013.

It takes a LONG time beginning to end. First you are dealing with a recruiter out of your area generally and then eventually you have an interview where the job is actually located. It took over 2 weeks to get a response regarding the results and it was all done online. There was no real option to follow up with those you interviewed with. The most troubling aspect of the process for me was the actual job they were hiring for, did NOT match the job description that was advertised and discussed with the recruiter. I didn't know this until I had the face to face interview and the hiring manager started off by saying, "... you will be in front of the computer and on the phone all day long..." The job description posted on Indeed.com said quite the opposite. I was not qualified, nor interested, in the actual position they were looking for! The process wasted a great deal of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the steps that you took, in detail, to make an unpopular change in your workplace.   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

I applied online. Was contacted by a Talent Acquisition specialist who scheduled a 15 minute phone interview consisting of a few questions of how I've handled previous difficult customers or how I've helped a customer before. Once the 15 minute phone interview is over the company emails you an online assessment consisting of various questions and scenarios to help see if you qualify for the position you are applying. The entire online assessment is multiple choice. I passed the online assessment and was emailed afterwards to schedule an in person interview. In person interview consists of two managers from the department you are applying for taking turns asking you questions about previous jobs, how you may have handled handled difficult customers in the past, your most difficult situation, what you've done in the past to better yourself if you've ever made a mistake, how you have contributed to a team environment, what's the best accomplishment you've ever achieved, and in the end they give you a chance to ask any questions you might have about the company. You will know/have a good feeling if you are offered the position or not at the completion of the in person interview based on the interviewers/closing actions they take and what you may or may not partake in. Basically the interviewers want to see that you are professional, providing and exceeding each and every customer's expectations that you interact with, and that you're looking for a career for the long run not a couple month job.

Interview Questions
    • None difficult as long as you have previous scenarios that answer the questions they are asking. Most questions are based on previous experiences you may have had in life or with customers at a previous or current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate in June 2013.

The interview consisted of a guy reading alot of different scenarios and asking me what I would do in the situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in June 2013.

I applied online and received a e-mail two days later for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a interview in person the next week. Chris interviewed me, very laid-back, took me to an office and asked a series of questions. After the interview he waked me around the building and then let me know I will get a call the following week if I got the job. I was actually called back two hours after the interview by HR to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had a conflict with another co-worker and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Allstate in March 2013.

went through a hiring agency

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate.

One interview. Simple and easy. Computer skills test, group format. Nothing that a teenager could not do or comprehend.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase was a non factor. They give you a number. You like it and accept it or you move on to your next option.