Allstate

2.8

106 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

The process took about 2 months. There were 3 rounds: the first was with HR, second was a very technical interview aimed to assess your problem solving skills, and the third was at the home office with 3 different interviewers (a mix of managers and analysts). There was math test during one of the one-on-one interviews, and a business case you had to reason through. It was a very rigorous interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what I would recommend to the CEO of an insurance company given some information about a few products.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in November 2014.

The interview process for the LDP role was incredibly efficient and enjoyable, the company wholeheartedly buys into developing future leaders through this program. One-on-One time with current LDP staff members and company leaders was the majority of the interview experience, which really allowed interviewees to get an idea for what the program entails and what its goals are for participants.

On Campus Interview-
    I applied through my campus career center, and received an invitation to interview on-campus about a week after applying. The interview was one-on-one with a current LDP participant that happened to be in a campus recruiting rotation. The interview was about 45 minutes long, and consisted primarily of behavioral and fit-type questions that gauged how effectively I led teams and worked in a group environment. There was also time for a number of my questions at the end of the interview, so preparing with some targeted questions to ask is advisable.

On Site Interview-
    About a week after my on-campus interview I received a phone call and email inviting me to interview on-site in the Northbrook, IL office. The on-site interview definitely aimed to judge how well I would fit into the Allstate team, and provide me with a better understanding of the role. The interview day included: a presentation by the recruiters about the program and opportunities provided, an informal conversation (over a Starbucks coffee from the on-site cafe) with a current LDP staff member, a tour of the Northbrook "Campus" led by two LDP staff members, a 30-minute interview with an Allstate Executive (though my conversation lasted over an hour), and ended with a "speed networking" session with current LDP staff members. None of the interviews were technical, again the primary goal was to understand how I functioned as a member of a team to accomplish goals. I really appreciated the opportunity to meet so many current employees who openly answered questions and explained their experiences in the program. I also found it unique and impressive that I was able to interview with an Executive, who clearly cared about the program and believed in its purpose.

Outcome-
    Less than a week after my on-site interview day I received a phone call offering me the position. Every aspect of the interview process was very efficient and streamlined, and the company made a very positive impression through each step in the process. This is definitely a tremendous opportunity for anyone looking to make an immediate impact within a reputable company, which made my decision to pursue another offer very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a group you were part of failed to achieve it's goal; how did you react?   View Answer

It was an incredibly tough decision given the positive experience I had, but I opted to go with an offer in an industry directly related to my educational background and positioned me better to achieve my long-term career goals.

Field Auto Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allstate.

application and then phone screen with recruiter for about 15 minutes. phone screen was two behavior questions. face to face interview completed with two field managers. interview was about 45 minutes with 3 behavior questions. (tell me about a time...). a few more questions about experience/background. was told i would hear back in a week one way or the other.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you had to alter or change a procedure/process in the interest of customer service.   Answer Question

Network Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate.

The interview process with Allstate begins right away at their headquarters where you and dozens of others applying for various other positions will spend a few hours listening to company management, watching promotional videos and touring their HQ. During the lunch period (good-not-great pizza and salad) which lasts a couple of hours, you will be scheduled for a behavioral interview, which won't contain anything out of the ordinary, and a technical interview specific for your position. I, along with a few others for the position, was not scheduled for a technical interview so I relaxed a bit. However, one of the women organizing the day forced me into a room for an unexpected technical interview. Being blindsided did not go well for me.

Also, you will meet neither the guy from 24 nor "Mayhem" from their recent ad campaign, so don't get excited.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary that you won't be prepared for.   Answer Question

Catastrophe Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

Was interviewed by phone with a representative from the Human Resources Department. In total it took about 40 minutes. The phone interview was followed up with an on-line test performed with an outside company. The interviewer was very friendly and helpful. He accepted questions from me and was able to explain more about the position. Interview questions were general about my background and behavior based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you resolved it   Answer Question

The job required climbing on top of buildings.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Allstate.

I was recruited for the LDP position through a career resources fair on-campus. After the initial first-round interview, I was invited to HQ in Northbrook for a day of final round interviews. The initial interview was pretty straight forward, mostly behavioral questions about my leadership experiences in college. The thing with Allstate is that they really base their hiring decisions for this program on personality and culture fit. I thought the first interview was harder than the final round. The final round day consisted of two interviews, a group Q&A session with current LDP's, a tour of the facility and lunch with current LDP's. It was a pretty laid-back experience. They said I would hear back from them by the following Wednesday (it was a Friday), but I never heard back. I emailed the recruiter several times before she finally let me know that they had chosen someone else for the position (2 weeks later).

Interview Questions
    • If we were to put you in a rotation that you had no background or experience in, how would handle that placement?   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

Honestly, it was a very pleasant and easy interview. I spoke with two gentlemen who were the heads of the liability claims department, and they were both very easygoing and cool. Although Allstate is a huge company, the demeanor of everything was laid-back. Both of the men took a "we have to ask you these silly questions because it's a job interview" approach, but they still ask many questions that are less robotic and more individualized. They made nearly everything about the position clear. I really liked that they told me what the other recent hires were like - it gave me an idea of how my qualifications matched up with those who are entry-level college grads like me. I only interviewed yesterday and am waiting for a call back, but regardless if I get an offer, it was a very simple interview that increased my confidence and the appeal with working for the company.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. They were all customer service related. How do you handle stress at work, how do you handle an unhappy customer, have you ever dealt with a big change at work, etc.   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

Was called by HR rep via phone. Passed the phone interview. They then sent me a personality test that I also passed (they send you an e-mail right after you pass it letting you know if you indeed did). Next step is the face to face which is very east also.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Pre-Screen thru email. With understandable questions relates to the job skills and behavioral skills relate to you pass position and what can you offer for the new position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Had a phone interview after I applied online through my University's database. Then I had an interview on their campus in Northbrook, meeting with 5-6 different people. All were very fair, behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you had to improve an existing process in order to achieve a desired outcome.   Answer Question