Allstate

www.allstate.com

Allstate Claim Representative Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview was at a local level with claims manager and one other person. Most of the questions were from a list of standard questions provided by corporate. One of the interviewers was essentially taking transacription of every word I said and there was no back-and-forth conversation. He asked questions and I provided answers.

Interview Questions
  • There was no one particular question as they were all essentially variations on the theme "tell us about a challenging situation at work and how you handled it".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Claims Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Allstate.

Excellent,,,no problems,,,very freiendly

Claim Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in December 2011.

I applied for the job in the morning and was called back by a recruiter at the end of the day at about 5:30pm. I was out running and so missed the call. I returned the call first thing the next morning, and was surprised that it was a short phone interview where I was asked a couple behavioral questions and other questions about my background. One of them was "tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities and how did you identify which task to complete first." I can't remember the other one but it was a customer service related question and how I handled a situation. A few days later I received a link via email to an online assessment where they test some cognitive skills and asked questions with multiple choice responses like "completely agree, somewhat agree" etc. The test was not hard, but it was more complex than others I have taken. I immediately received a confirmation that I had passed and was moving on to the next phase. I then received an email asking to identify when in the next week I would be available for a face to face interview. This was within a couple days of the assessment, probably Thursday or Friday. I interviewed at the claims office the following Wednesday with two claims managers. They asked 4 behavioral type questions about customer service like tell me about a time when you had an angry customer, tell me about a time when you had to establish a relationship with a customer, etc... We talked a bit about my past claims experience in a discussion format, rather than them reading questions off a page. Then the interview seemed to be wrapping up when one of them said they were going to step out and would be back in a couple minutes. They came back in and asked if I had time to sit with one of the reps for about 30 minutes for me to see how things work, so I said yes of course. I sat there for about 30 mins with a pretty nice guy who showed me a lot of things. I have a lot of experience in claims so we had a good discussion about how Allstate does things. Then one of the managers asked me if I had time to talk with his manager (the claims director I believe), so I talked with her and I felt it all went really well. I then waited for a week before I was called with a conditional job offer. The background was serious... I was asked to provide W2's as far back as 12 years ago for a job I had in college! I could not find all of them because my record keeping back then was not that great, but I think they just obviously just wanted to verify my employment history as I represented it on my resume, because the two I was able to find were sufficient and I passed the background.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had conflicting priorities and how you decided which task to handle first.   Answer Question
    The offer I received was well more than I anticipated, so I did not negotiate.

Claim Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in January 2010.

on line evaluation
    phone interview
    face to face interview - one on one
    work culture is semi formal business wear
    results oriented - goal driven - company reorganization

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation that was not handled by you well and how you resolved it?   View Answer

offer was appropriate for level of experience
    concern about security
    remote worker position and personal desire is not to work from home as have done so for 15 years.