Allstate

2.7

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Woodridge, IL
Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

Honestly, it was a very pleasant and easy interview. I spoke with two gentlemen who were the heads of the liability claims department, and they were both very easygoing and cool. Although Allstate is a huge company, the demeanor of everything was laid-back. Both of the men took a "we have to ask you these silly questions because it's a job interview" approach, but they still ask many questions that are less robotic and more individualized. They made nearly everything about the position clear. I really liked that they told me what the other recent hires were like - it gave me an idea of how my qualifications matched up with those who are entry-level college grads like me. I only interviewed yesterday and am waiting for a call back, but regardless if I get an offer, it was a very simple interview that increased my confidence and the appeal with working for the company.

Interview Questions
  • None were difficult. They were all customer service related. How do you handle stress at work, how do you handle an unhappy customer, have you ever dealt with a big change at work, etc.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Was called by HR rep via phone. Passed the phone interview. They then sent me a personality test that I also passed (they send you an e-mail right after you pass it letting you know if you indeed did). Next step is the face to face which is very east also.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I first got the email to set up an interview. In the email it gives you hints on how to answer the interview questions (phone). During the interview process they do seem to throw curve balls at you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you and a coworker did something that you were not supposed to do.   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allstate.

Process takes 2-3 weeks. First received a call for a phone interview, after passing that, I received an online test in my e-mail. After passing that I waited a week and the recruiter sent my file to the local Allstate office. They requested an interview, interview was in person with two managers, asked 4 scenario questions, discussed resume, shadowed a current co-worker for an hour, then met with the owner. Waiting on feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2014.

Screening phone interview, online test.

Interview Questions
    • Situational interview. Give me an example of a time when you had to prioritize you time.   View Answer
    Not there yet.

Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2014.

Received an email to setup a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes just asking basic interview questions based off my resume and one behavioral question. Was sent an personal assessment exam later that day. Received a call to schedule a call a couple days to schedule an in person interview at corporate. This interview consisted of give an example or what would you do questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you took a risk at work and there was a negative outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

Time between applying and interview was not long at all. Response after the interview took almost a month

Claims Adjuster Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

The interview process consisted of several interviews with field managers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be succesful as an adjuster?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allstate.

fFur parts. A bit cumbersome

non existent

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate.

In order to get and interview you have to pass a JEPS test which is an aptitude test. After passing the test, I was then interviewed and then called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were investigating a dog bite, what kinds of questions would you ask?   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!