Allstate

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2014.

Interview Details – Screening phone interview, online test.

Interview Question – Situational interview. Give me an example of a time when you had to prioritize you time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not there yet.

Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email to setup a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes just asking basic interview questions based off my resume and one behavioral question. Was sent an personal assessment exam later that day. Received a call to schedule a call a couple days to schedule an in person interview at corporate. This interview consisted of give an example or what would you do questions.

Interview Question – Give an example when you took a risk at work and there was a negative outcome.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

Interview Details – Time between applying and interview was not long at all. Response after the interview took almost a month

Interview Question – A time you were late on a project   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of several interviews with field managers.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be succesful as an adjuster?   Answer Question

Interview Details – fFur parts. A bit cumbersome

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – In order to get and interview you have to pass a JEPS test which is an aptitude test. After passing the test, I was then interviewed and then called back for a second interview.

Interview Question – If you were investigating a dog bite, what kinds of questions would you ask?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – There are multiple rounds of interviews. First you will get an email saying you've been accepted for a screening call. Where they ask you multiple questions about your personality, trying to find some about your personality. They ask you about a challenge you've had at a work place, and how you over came it, and what the result was, and what your learned. If you don't pass the screening phone call, they tell you then. If you do, you get an email telling you to take a "personality assessment. If you pass, you get an interview with your local office, then they call you about the next step.

Interview Question – Describe a time, event, or situation with a customer that was very stressful, and how you overcame it and made it better.   Answer Question

Williamsville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview with an outsource company who screened applicants. They was set up for an in person interview where I met with 3 managers who asked my questions from a list and took notes regarding my answers. The usual "tell me about a time you..." type questions. I then had to go through a test on the computer. I was then called a couple weeks later and offered a position through the outsource company.

Interview Question – None, they were all pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't much negotiation. I was talking to an outsourced company who only relayed the salary offer, they weren't able to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Northbrook, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Hiring mgr assured me salary would be 70-80K. HR rep later said everyone hired in this group (about 30 people) were getting much less,non-negotiable.Went back to hiring manager, who said it was out of his"good" hands and noted the HR process was confusing to him. Great.

Interview Question – The usual questions such as why do you like insurance, why do you want to work there. tell me about an interesting claim you resolved, etc. Very simple. They read of off an Allstate script, and wrote down the answers. No real thought process or veering away from their script   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Answered above. Hiring manager gave me and acceptable offer, which HR new nothing of. HR gave very low non-negotiable offer. The manager claimed he was stymied, didn't understand this, and claimed he had no power as a department manager to get involved in the salary process (after giving me a great offer?!#!

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

Interview Details – After completing my online application, I received a phone call week late from a HR representative wanting to setup a telephone interview. A few days later I got another phone call to attend a face to face interview. At the interview I met with two managers, one of them was my manager then the next interview I met with the Office manager and after my background investigation was complete, I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions was asking how I feel about having to tell someone no. I now know they were asking me this because on daily basis I have to tell someone know about a liability decision, rental, repairs, and bodily injury settlements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an opportunity to negotiation but since I was eager t live my previous position, I did not negotiate. Make sure you thoroughly asses the offer. Keep in mind after the 9 month training phase you will get a raise when you become a full adjuster

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate Claims Adjuster interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees and interview candidates.