Allstate

35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Woodridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

Interview Details – Honestly, it was a very pleasant and easy interview. I spoke with two gentlemen who were the heads of the liability claims department, and they were both very easygoing and cool. Although Allstate is a huge company, the demeanor of everything was laid-back. Both of the men took a "we have to ask you these silly questions because it's a job interview" approach, but they still ask many questions that are less robotic and more individualized. They made nearly everything about the position clear. I really liked that they told me what the other recent hires were like - it gave me an idea of how my qualifications matched up with those who are entry-level college grads like me. I only interviewed yesterday and am waiting for a call back, but regardless if I get an offer, it was a very simple interview that increased my confidence and the appeal with working for the company.

Interview Question – None were difficult. They were all customer service related. How do you handle stress at work, how do you handle an unhappy customer, have you ever dealt with a big change at work, etc.   View Answer

Interviewed at Allstate

Interview Details – I first got the email to set up an interview. In the email it gives you hints on how to answer the interview questions (phone). During the interview process they do seem to throw curve balls at you.

Interview Question – Name a time that you and a coworker did something that you were not supposed to do.   View Answer

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Process takes 2-3 weeks. First received a call for a phone interview, after passing that, I received an online test in my e-mail. After passing that I waited a week and the recruiter sent my file to the local Allstate office. They requested an interview, interview was in person with two managers, asked 4 scenario questions, discussed resume, shadowed a current co-worker for an hour, then met with the owner. Waiting on feedback.

Interview Question – Scenario questions - Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2014.

Interview Details – Screening phone interview, online test.

Interview Question – Situational interview. Give me an example of a time when you had to prioritize you time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not there yet.

Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email to setup a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes just asking basic interview questions based off my resume and one behavioral question. Was sent an personal assessment exam later that day. Received a call to schedule a call a couple days to schedule an in person interview at corporate. This interview consisted of give an example or what would you do questions.

Interview Question – Give an example when you took a risk at work and there was a negative outcome.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

Interview Details – Time between applying and interview was not long at all. Response after the interview took almost a month

Interview Question – A time you were late on a project   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of several interviews with field managers.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be succesful as an adjuster?   Answer Question

Interview Details – fFur parts. A bit cumbersome

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – In order to get and interview you have to pass a JEPS test which is an aptitude test. After passing the test, I was then interviewed and then called back for a second interview.

Interview Question – If you were investigating a dog bite, what kinds of questions would you ask?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – There are multiple rounds of interviews. First you will get an email saying you've been accepted for a screening call. Where they ask you multiple questions about your personality, trying to find some about your personality. They ask you about a challenge you've had at a work place, and how you over came it, and what the result was, and what your learned. If you don't pass the screening phone call, they tell you then. If you do, you get an email telling you to take a "personality assessment. If you pass, you get an interview with your local office, then they call you about the next step.

Interview Question – Describe a time, event, or situation with a customer that was very stressful, and how you overcame it and made it better.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate Claims Adjuster interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees and interview candidates.