Allstate Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Claim Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Notified via email to set up a phone interview within 48 hours. Phone interview was straight forward behavioral questions and you aren't talking to a person, it's with an automated system. Same week was notified that my resume and responses would be passed on to the hiring manager. Hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview (they preferred in office, however we were unable to schedule a time). This part was very straight forward as well. The interviewers explained why they were asking the questions before actually asking, which kinda gives you an idea of what would be a desirable answer. Notified within a week that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers? How do you organize yourself? Etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted 2 days after submitting application. Awaiting details for on line assessment which I should be receiving soon. I was told I would be notified after the assessment was complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Farmington Hills, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Pre-Interview by phone. They'll schedule a customer service assessment. Then they'll offer a skype interview or bring you into the office. Then they'll send you an offer, or notify you of a rejection. It's a pretty straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous experiences assist in your transition to the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Allstate Response

Jun 5, 2015 – Employment Brand Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience. Welcome to the Allstate family! ^Jessica

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, uploaded resume, cover letter, references got a call 3 days later from a recruiter, set up a time for a phone interview the phone interview was very simple, took about half an hour. I was asked basic "name a time when..." questions that had a focus on customer service.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time you delivered customer service that was above and beyond your duty"   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I filled out an application online and it took about a week to hear back. I scheduled a phone interview and after the interview was asked to take their online test. I was told to expect a call back to schedule another interview after I took the test, based on whether or not I passed. I immediately received confirmation of passing the test, and a week later received an e-mail saying that they chose another candidate based on my interview, although I hadn't had an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

interviewed at Allstate (Bothell, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone interview within a week. Phone interview was short (pre-recorded questions with no feedback). Passed phone interview. Within hours, was sent the link for a personality test. Took the 40 question test. Didn't pass the test (but I answered everything honestly so maybe the job wasn't going to be the best fit).

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Extensive online "personality profile." Very friendly phone interview. Round table interview with direct supervisors. Follow up interview with regional leadership. Slow to start the process but very fast once process is started. Direct supervisors can be vetoed by upper management and upper management seems to prefer "green" fresh from college types over experience within the actual repair industry.

Interview Questions

• Role play an instance whereby you have to flip a disgruntled customer   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. Got a phone interview about 1-2 days letter. Interview was easy, basic interview questions. Discuss claims-related experience. Afterwards I had to complete an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is not timed but it is slightly challenging. I am currently awaiting a response.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

Went through three interviews via: phone, one with recruiting officers and one with hiring manager. The process took about one month from the initial interview to the last one with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate (Woodridge, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Honestly, it was a very pleasant and easy interview. I spoke with two gentlemen who were the heads of the liability claims department, and they were both very easygoing and cool. Although Allstate is a huge company, the demeanor of everything was laid-back. Both of the men took a "we have to ask you these silly questions because it's a job interview" approach, but they still ask many questions that are less robotic and more individualized. They made nearly everything about the position clear. I really liked that they told me what the other recent hires were like - it gave me an idea of how my qualifications matched up with those who are entry-level college grads like me. I only interviewed yesterday and am waiting for a call back, but regardless if I get an offer, it was a very simple interview that increased my confidence and the appeal with working for the company.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult. They were all customer service related. How do you handle stress at work, how do you handle an unhappy customer, have you ever dealt with a big change at work, etc.   1 Answer