Allstate Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted 2 days after submitting application. Awaiting details for on line assessment which I should be receiving soon. I was told I would be notified after the assessment was complete.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Farmington Hills, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Pre-Interview by phone. They'll schedule a customer service assessment. Then they'll offer a skype interview or bring you into the office. Then they'll send you an offer, or notify you of a rejection. It's a pretty straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous experiences assist in your transition to the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Allstate Response

Jun 5, 2015Employment Brand Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience. Welcome to the Allstate family! ^Jessica

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, uploaded resume, cover letter, references
    got a call 3 days later from a recruiter, set up a time for a phone interview

the phone interview was very simple, took about half an hour. I was asked basic "name a time when..." questions that had a focus on customer service.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time you delivered customer service that was above and beyond your duty"   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I filled out an application online and it took about a week to hear back. I scheduled a phone interview and after the interview was asked to take their online test. I was told to expect a call back to schedule another interview after I took the test, based on whether or not I passed. I immediately received confirmation of passing the test, and a week later received an e-mail saying that they chose another candidate based on my interview, although I hadn't had an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

interviewed at Allstate (Bothell, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone interview within a week. Phone interview was short (pre-recorded questions with no feedback). Passed phone interview. Within hours, was sent the link for a personality test. Took the 40 question test. Didn't pass the test (but I answered everything honestly so maybe the job wasn't going to be the best fit).

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Extensive online "personality profile." Very friendly phone interview. Round table interview with direct supervisors. Follow up interview with regional leadership. Slow to start the process but very fast once process is started. Direct supervisors can be vetoed by upper management and upper management seems to prefer "green" fresh from college types over experience within the actual repair industry.

Interview Questions

• Role play an instance whereby you have to flip a disgruntled customer   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. Got a phone interview about 1-2 days letter. Interview was easy, basic interview questions. Discuss claims-related experience. Afterwards I had to complete an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is not timed but it is slightly challenging. I am currently awaiting a response.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

Went through three interviews via: phone, one with recruiting officers and one with hiring manager. The process took about one month from the initial interview to the last one with the hiring manager.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it took about a month to hear back from anyone. The first step was a phone interview with a recruiter. The guy honestly sounded bored asking the questions, which were the general situational interview questions. The next step was to fill out a questionnaire online which was pretty easy. Just go for the obvious answer and you'll be fine. The face to face interview was kind of stressful since you will probably be interviewing with three to five people. Expect the same situational questions as the phone recruiter would ask. I went to sit with a claims adjuster to listen to calls which is when I realized that this job wasn't for me. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you received positive feedback from a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

Interview

started with a call from a recruiter. short phone interview in which they ask a difficult situation youve dealt with. that led to a personality assessment, which when i passed i was eventually asked to come in for an in person interview. the two managers i interviewed seemed to be really good people. they allowed me to ask any and all questions or concerns i had with the position, and what i liked most was that it was more of a conversation instead of just asking written down questions that werent all that relevant. it was a good interview experience regardless of whether i received an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• there were no unexpected questions. maybe one asking how you would react in a certain situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasnt any type of negotiation. its entry level, so salary is what it is.