Allstate

Updated Aug 19, 2014
5 interviews

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allstate.

The initial communications were through email with a company recruiter. She set up a phone interview that only lasted a total of about 15 minutes, even with her explaining the position and asking questions at the end. She told me that I would be moving on to the next step which is an online pre-employment assessment. The questions in both the online assessment and the short phone interview were very straight forward -- mostly customer service based or how you will work in a team.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about where I found the posting. Quite a few questions about my past positions, their requirements. One question about how I handled a conflict with my supervisor in the phone interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in May 2014.

I applied on online, approximately 2 weeks later I was emailed a request to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was basic questions about my interest in the position.

About a week after the phone interview I was sent a link to take a basic online personality assessment.

Two weeks later I had an in-person interview at a corporate location. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of two parts. First there are basic questions. Very similar to the phone interview. The second part is situational questions and other questions using the STAR method.

After the initial interview I was taken to shadow an employee for about 20 minutes. Then, I sat down with the office manager who asked basic questions about my past and interest in the job.

About a week later I was called with a contingent offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you recognized a potential problem and brought it to managements attention before it became a problem.   Answer Question

Accepted an offer with another employer.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

I first put my application in online. I applied 3 times overall:

1.) The first time, I put in my application and I was sent an email about 3 weeks later saying that I hadn't been chosen.
    2.) The second time, I put in my application and I was emailed to set up a phone screen. The phone screen wasn't too hard and I was given an online assessment to take. I passed it with flying colors, but I was passed up for an in person interview.
    3.) The third time, I was given an in person interview with two HR representatives. Their office manager was on vacation and I'm going back next week to speak with them and shadow with a current Claims Adjuster.

An overall positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot about your weaknesses or decisions you would have made differently in your current position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Livermore, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in February 2014.

I submitted an online application. I received a call from a recruiter one day later. I was asked about my resume and one interview question. The question was "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation. After I was done interviewing with the recruiter, I was asked to take a assessment test. It was an easy test based on behavioral questions. What would you do in this situation. Finally, I was set up with a in person interview. The interview lasted approximately an hour and involved question/answer, then spend time with a person who does that job. I was asked why I wanted to work there, what questions to ask a person involved in vehicle accident, how I prioritize my workload, and other customer oriented questions. I had the interview today, so I don't know if I will be extended a job offer. However, it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe, what questions would you ask someone involved in a car accident.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in April 2013.

About two weeks after I had applied online I received a call from what I assumed was a third party hiring / HR company. I set up the initial phone interview, and when I passed, I was immediately sent an email link to take a questionnaire. The questionnaire was about an hour long, and it was essentially a "what would you do with X Y or Z" situation quiz. After you pass, you get an email letting you know that you passed. About a few days after that I was called to set up an in person interview.

The actual interview was about 30 minutes long. Two female managers interviewed me. The standard questions were about my major in college, what I'm getting my Masters in, and other various simple questions. The main questions, for which they wrote my answer down, were "Please explain a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer to please them." as well as "Please explain a time dealing with a problem customer that you just couldn't please." For both of those questions, I had to explain the situation, explain what I did, and then explain the resolution.

After that, they explained the benefits, pay, and things about the department I would be working in. They said they had several other interviews to conduct but I would hear back within two weeks. I thanked them for their time and they thanked me. Ultimately I didn't get the offer, unfortunately, though they were offering much lower pay than what I was expecting anyway.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all easy - you just need to have a story about customer service experiences such as the above, ready in your mind. I recommend rehearsing the story several times, which is what I did. I rehearsed the entire interview process about seven or eight times the day before so I could get comfortable with the stories about my previous customer service experiences.   Answer Question

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!