Allstate

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cross Plains, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cross Plains, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allstate.

Phone interview, then to the site to complete computer testing and then if you pass those tests onto a 1 on 1 interview

Great pay and benefits

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

My interview process consisted of 1 assessment, 1 phone interview, and 1 panel interview. The online assessment as well as the phone interview were a breeze but the in-person panel interview was rather difficult. They ask questions based on the Claims Associate position which is difficult if you've never worked in the position before. There were more job related questions than customer service questions so whether you have an extent customer service background or not you're going to have trouble. My two interviewers were stiff and impersonable.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to meet a deadline.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

I applied via their web site and was first called for a phone interview about ten days later. This was really just verifying my customer service experience from my resume. They did ask the tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer. Be as specific as you can as this is what they are looking for. Not just how you handled this issue (it does not have to be a really bad issue that you handled) and how you satisfied the customer. I was then asked to do the on-line skill/personality test. Received an email later that day saying I had passed it. Don't know what to tell you on that test other then think from the perspective of a customer and how you would want to be treated. I was then called about a week later for a panel interview. There were two people in the interview however one was really just there to take down what I said. It was again the give an example of how you handled a difficult situation type of questions. They wanted me to describe the issue; describe what I did to solve the issue and how I followed up with the customer. Again, need a specific issue and it does not need to be earth shattering. Really looking for how you satisfied the customer and how you followed up with them to make sure they were satisfied. Have questions to ask them once the interview is over. I wrote down about five that I could ask and picked three based on what they were asking me. I asked them things like what is the training process, how many people are currently in the department and what are the hours/days the department is open. (I was told after I got hired that it impressed them that I had written down questions before the interview and that I was the only person to do that of the five they had face-to-face interviews with).

About a week later I was called in for a one-on-one with the department manager and to sit with someone in the department currently doing the job I was applying for. I asked the person I sat with questions like, how long they had been with Allstate and in their current position. are you given enough time and the right tools to do your job, are the personal and department goals attainable. (they will talk with this person after you are gone so leave a good impression with this person that you are interested and want the job).

The interview with the manager was very informal. More conversational then interviews I was use to. She did ask specifics on my work experience from my resume. Also as I was coming from a management position to a non-management position, how I would handle the difference in working with the team as opposed to being in charge of the team.

I was called the next week with a verbal offer to start in two weeks pending the back ground check and drug test. All I know that was checked on the background check was previous employers (I had to fax my W2's on one) and my college degree (I had to fax a copy of my diploma). Other then that I don't know what they check or how.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you were presented with a problem from a customer and what you did to solve it. Need a specific problem, what I did to fix the problem to the satisfaction of both the customer and the company and what I did to follow up with the customer to ensure all was well.   View Answer
    As this was an entry level position, there was no salary negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2011.

Really straight forward. Had a phone interview, then a one on one interview, then a interview with the hr manager and head marketing manager

Anonymous Employee  in  Yuma, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Yuma, AZ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in March 2012.

This Interview was the longest interview process in my life! pretty ridiculous i should say.
    1. Phone interview
    2. Was called in for a face to face interview the following week
    3. Attended interview, and they made a presentation about the company and its duties
    4. After the presentation, I had a panel interview and asked many never ending questions about customer service skills and issues, and they go very deep about your work pass and ask many questions about gaps if any. After this they make a decision if your going to move to the next process.
    5.I was chosen for the next process, so they send me in a room with an employee who was in the position, and that was for me to ask him any questions about the position and stuff
    6.Send me to the third interview where I meet the hiring managers. Me and this other person were interviewed in the same room. All this took about 3 hours loong!

NOt sure about this company and its management. The impression i got from them was no flexibility, no freedom at all, and every second is accounted.

Interview Questions
    • Described challanges you face at school and work and how you met deadlines and balance?   Answer Question
    • Define great customer service, and when you as a consumer had the greatest experience?   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

First you apply, then their talent acquisition team conducts a mini-interview on the phone to qualify you. Then you are scheduled for a panel interview with 2-3 office reps. If you pass, take a drug test and background check. Lastly, a 30 min job sit-along and final interview.

No negotiation phase

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!