Allstate

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Interview Details – I originally applied for a different adjustor position, didn't hear back from that one in almost three months, so I reapplied for a different adjustor position, and heard back from the recruiter 2 hours later via email. Weird. Anyway. Recruiter contacted me via phone for 10-15 minute interview. Pretty simple questions: 1) tell me about yourself and 2) tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it. They also asked for salary requirements. I asked for higher than was offered, but if you have zero claims experience like I do, then they're tough about negotiating a higher base salary.

After the easy phone interview I was emailed an online assessment, which tests your customer service skills. There are a few graphs you have to interpret (grade school difficulty) and "what if" scenarios that help determine whether you're a culture fit. I passed that and was scheduled for a first round personal interview with a claims service leader and an operations leader. Both were very pleasant, took notes in an interview packet, asked pretty generic behavioral questions that I found easy because I prepped for them. I also have years of customer service experience, so if you have that you'll be fine. Make sure you highlight your customer service, adaptability and decision-making skills. After successfully completing first round, I was offered a second interview on the spot. Two days later I came back to job shadow an adjustor for an hour, and then met with the office manager, who turned out to be the regional claims leader. Very good vibe from the office, friendly, genuine and helpful people.

If they like you, Allstate reacts very quickly. The same day of my second round interview the recruiter contacted me again and offered me the position. HR may not be the quickest at first, believe me, but keep applying to different positions. If they think you're a good fit they move fast to get you hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What happened, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to change your methods to solve a problem.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had and how you dealt with them.   View Answer
  • Why the career change? Why Allstate?   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in December 2009.

Interview Details – THe process was failry easy. Applied online by completing an application and then sent it in. Received a call back a week or so later and had a preliminary phone interview. Went in to complete a skills and personality test. Once passed, had an interview with managers and then the head manager of the department. Also had to take a drug test.

Negotiation Details – Non existent

Very Difficult Interview

Claims Service Adjuster

The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter and was asked standard fair structured interview behavioral questions regarding previous customer service interactions. I was then told to go take a test online, and they let me know that I passed immediately. I was scheduled for an in-person interview three weeks later. I took that time to prepare like crazy.

Glassdoor is an excellent resource to use when attempting the grueling Allstate interview process; it is indeed necessary to absorb all of the interview material here to help with the hiring process for candidates. The interview was a good cop/bad cop, stress interview. The first interview was pleasant, and I got along with the interviewer very well. The second interview had the interviewer acting like a demanding customer who was kind of slow to understand what I was saying, and he would at times put words in my mouth, which I had to correct. I could not take notes concerning his questions during the interview, and they were pretty involved.

It was the toughest interview of my professional life, and when I was escorted back to the entrance of the office, I thought that there was no way I was going to get a job offer, yet lo and behold, two weeks later I was offered the position. I happily accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a way that a project or program you made benefited or changed the way your work center did business.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a special project that you have worked on and what were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I was happy with the salary.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!