Allstate Claims Service Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

3.1

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

The process started off very quick but have slowed down now. I have completed a total of 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone, the second was with a panel of 3 managers, then last was one with the hiring manager. very pleasant interviews. Everything went very well, but almost a week has passed and still no response or offer. Trying to stay positive until I hear further.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to prioritize your time at work   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Interview

Take an aptitude test, go through a phone interview with an HR representative, schedule an in person meeting with management and possibly a follow up phone or in person interview, they call you to offer you the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much opportunity for negotiation, they have set salaries and call you to accept the job or not.

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate in March 2015.

Interview

a recruiter calls he does a short phone interview then submited resume over to management. received a call a week later to set up a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• it was behavioral questions asking how you would handle stressful situations and how would you overcome it...the face to face interview took a good 35 minutes advised me that there were multiple candidates interested in the position, so my hopes went out the window. they also advise me it was going to take a few weeks for a decision. they also sent me an email telling how they enjoyed speaking with me, and on 04/10/15 I received a call from the same recruiter and he told me they went with another candidate, but when I went on Indeed.com to continue my career search Allstate re-posted the same position online   Answer Question

Allstate Response

Apr 28, 2015Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback on your interview. We appreciate your interest and your time. As an interview finalist, I'd encourage you apply to like opportunities that you are qualified for. What ... More

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Recruiter called within a week, asked 3 behavioral questions, pretty basic. A week later got a call back from recruite to schedule an in person interview with hiring manager, round table style, behavioral based interview.

Interview Questions

• Give us a specific example of when you had to deal with a challenging customer or co worker   Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from HR to take an assessment test, and if I pass, I will move on to a phone interview. Passed the assessment test. Had a phone interview and I was able to have a second interview, at the place where I applied at. Two people interviewed me, one was asking the question, while the other wrote down my response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Bloomington, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

I originally applied for a different adjustor position, didn't hear back from that one in almost three months, so I reapplied for a different adjustor position, and heard back from the recruiter 2 hours later via email. Weird. Anyway. Recruiter contacted me via phone for 10-15 minute interview. Pretty simple questions: 1) tell me about yourself and 2) tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it. They also asked for salary requirements. I asked for higher than was offered, but if you have zero claims experience like I do, then they're tough about negotiating a higher base salary.

After the easy phone interview I was emailed an online assessment, which tests your customer service skills. There are a few graphs you have to interpret (grade school difficulty) and "what if" scenarios that help determine whether you're a culture fit. I passed that and was scheduled for a first round personal interview with a claims service leader and an operations leader. Both were very pleasant, took notes in an interview packet, asked pretty generic behavioral questions that I found easy because I prepped for them. I also have years of customer service experience, so if you have that you'll be fine. Make sure you highlight your customer service, adaptability and decision-making skills. After successfully completing first round, I was offered a second interview on the spot. Two days later I came back to job shadow an adjustor for an hour, and then met with the office manager, who turned out to be the regional claims leader. Very good vibe from the office, friendly, genuine and helpful people.

If they like you, Allstate reacts very quickly. The same day of my second round interview the recruiter contacted me again and offered me the position. HR may not be the quickest at first, believe me, but keep applying to different positions. If they think you're a good fit they move fast to get you hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What happened, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your methods to solve a problem.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had and how you dealt with them.   1 Answer
    • Why the career change? Why Allstate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Richmond, VA) in December 2009.

Interview

THe process was failry easy. Applied online by completing an application and then sent it in. Received a call back a week or so later and had a preliminary phone interview. Went in to complete a skills and personality test. Once passed, had an interview with managers and then the head manager of the department. Also had to take a drug test.

Negotiation

Non existent

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and was asked standard fair structured interview behavioral questions regarding previous customer service interactions. I was then told to go take a test online, and they let me know that I passed immediately. I was scheduled for an in-person interview three weeks later. I took that time to prepare like crazy.

Glassdoor is an excellent resource to use when attempting the grueling Allstate interview process; it is indeed necessary to absorb all of the interview material here to help with the hiring process for candidates. The interview was a good cop/bad cop, stress interview. The first interview was pleasant, and I got along with the interviewer very well. The second interview had the interviewer acting like a demanding customer who was kind of slow to understand what I was saying, and he would at times put words in my mouth, which I had to correct. I could not take notes concerning his questions during the interview, and they were pretty involved.

It was the toughest interview of my professional life, and when I was escorted back to the entrance of the office, I thought that there was no way I was going to get a job offer, yet lo and behold, two weeks later I was offered the position. I happily accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a way that a project or program you made benefited or changed the way your work center did business.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a special project that you have worked on and what were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was happy with the salary.