Allstate Claims Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Birmingham, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

I went in to a job fair that was held on a Friday.. The next Tuesday, I had an invitation to complete an assessment test. The same day I was told that I had passed the assessment test and I would be contacted for further recuitment. The nest day I was called for anther interview. I went in on Thursday, had an interview with a very nice lady whi asked about 4 questions and told me about the position. Then I had the opportunity to sit with a rep and see what the job entailed. I then met with another lady and answered about 4 more questions and was told that she would be passing my information on to the recruiters. I am still waiting to hear back. However that was only a few days ago so I still have my fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to meet a deadline that was impossible to meet. What steps did you take?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied in May. Got an email for a phone interview at the end of June. Did the phone interview the same day. The next day I was told I needed to complete and assessment. Completed that the same day and passed. Within the next day or so I got called for an in person interview. Interviewed with two managers and watched a video/slideshow. Was told I would hear something within a week. This Wednesday will be two weeks and I haven't heard anything. Still holding on to hope.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

Completed online application, completed an automated interview via phone, completed some online assessments, Person to person interview, taken back to observe someone working, contingent job offer, more online tasks, background and urine test...

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would be an asset in working in claims?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

First I got an email from the recruiter that they wanted me to do a phone interview; pretty easy just an automated service that asks you questions and then your answers are recorded and it is timed, then you get an invitation for an assessment and days later you get an invite for an interview which was really bogus because it is with two people. I had two ladies they asked me situational questions and how I would handle certain situations and then I watched a 3 minute powerpoint about the position and the ways I could get involved with the company volunteerism etc, then they had me sit down with a claims adjuster to see how the job would be and she basically told me that I had the job and what to do, what not to do etc...and a week later I got an email that they decided to pursue other candidates. I drove 25 minutes out of my way for $578 every two weeks and to be told I wasn't chosen was a let down. Why allow me to shadow someone doing what I'd be doing if you had no intentions of hiring me?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where I went the extra mile for a customer? Name a time where something was extremely difficult for you on the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Las Cruces, NM) in January 2015.

Interview

Inviting and welcoming interview process. Both interviews were done at the office where I would later be hired and I attended a huddle with a live team. This gave me a real look at the work environment and people I would be surrounded with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Interview

basic interview questions. test is given to determine if you qualify. you get a call back pretty quick. the training is about 2 months, on and off the floor.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

team concept. all that were to be interviewed were brought into a room where were seperated into several groups and we put puzzles together and went over riddles together to come to a general agreement.

Interview Questions

• give an example of how you handled a difficult customer   1 Answer

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Quick response. Received email to take assessment, passed assessment and contacted for a phone interview. After phone interview i was asked to set up a face to face interview. Interviewed my two individuals and after interview process, I was ask to sit along with a current employee and at that step you have obtained the position

Interview Questions

• Explain how you dealt with a difficult customer. What steps did you take to satisfy the customer? Tell me a time when you had to work as a team to resolve a certain project   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Allstate around the end of October 2013 from an uncompleted application. A phone interview was completed that day. After the initial interview a face-to-face interview was scheduled for the next day. I was then interviewed by a team lead and a department lead. I was given scenarion specific questions. Be sure to give specific examples from previous employers. After that intial interview the next day I was extended an offer from the same recruiter I spoke with on the previous day. From there I received emails with instructions for my background check and where I would have to go to complete my drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were really basic. They gave specific scenario questions like dealing with irate customers etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negtiation available

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in August 2013.

Interview

There was one online test, one phone interview and two interviews that occurred within a few weeks. They are thorough and display good management. They are friendly and interview process looks to determine both intellect and person-ability.

Interview Questions

• Example of negative experience you turned around. Examples of management skills. Examples of handling negative feedback. Examples of providing negative feedback positively. Questions that look to identify future managerial skills.   Answer Question