Allstate Claims Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

Completed online application, completed an automated interview via phone, completed some online assessments, Person to person interview, taken back to observe someone working, contingent job offer, more online tasks, background and urine test...

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would be an asset in working in claims?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

First I got an email from the recruiter that they wanted me to do a phone interview; pretty easy just an automated service that asks you questions and then your answers are recorded and it is timed, then you get an invitation for an assessment and days later you get an invite for an interview which was really bogus because it is with two people. I had two ladies they asked me situational questions and how I would handle certain situations and then I watched a 3 minute powerpoint about the position and the ways I could get involved with the company volunteerism etc, then they had me sit down with a claims adjuster to see how the job would be and she basically told me that I had the job and what to do, what not to do etc...and a week later I got an email that they decided to pursue other candidates. I drove 25 minutes out of my way for $578 every two weeks and to be told I wasn't chosen was a let down. Why allow me to shadow someone doing what I'd be doing if you had no intentions of hiring me?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where I went the extra mile for a customer? Name a time where something was extremely difficult for you on the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Las Cruces, NM) in January 2015.

Interview

Inviting and welcoming interview process. Both interviews were done at the office where I would later be hired and I attended a huddle with a live team. This gave me a real look at the work environment and people I would be surrounded with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Interview

basic interview questions. test is given to determine if you qualify. you get a call back pretty quick. the training is about 2 months, on and off the floor.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

team concept. all that were to be interviewed were brought into a room where were seperated into several groups and we put puzzles together and went over riddles together to come to a general agreement.

Interview Questions

• give an example of how you handled a difficult customer   1 Answer

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Quick response. Received email to take assessment, passed assessment and contacted for a phone interview. After phone interview i was asked to set up a face to face interview. Interviewed my two individuals and after interview process, I was ask to sit along with a current employee and at that step you have obtained the position

Interview Questions

• Explain how you dealt with a difficult customer. What steps did you take to satisfy the customer?

Tell me a time when you had to work as a team to resolve a certain project

Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Allstate around the end of October 2013 from an uncompleted application. A phone interview was completed that day. After the initial interview a face-to-face interview was scheduled for the next day. I was then interviewed by a team lead and a department lead. I was given scenarion specific questions. Be sure to give specific examples from previous employers. After that intial interview the next day I was extended an offer from the same recruiter I spoke with on the previous day. From there I received emails with instructions for my background check and where I would have to go to complete my drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were really basic. They gave specific scenario questions like dealing with irate customers etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negtiation available

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate in August 2013.

Interview

There was one online test, one phone interview and two interviews that occurred within a few weeks. They are thorough and display good management. They are friendly and interview process looks to determine both intellect and person-ability.

Interview Questions

• Example of negative experience you turned around. Examples of management skills. Examples of handling negative feedback. Examples of providing negative feedback positively. Questions that look to identify future managerial skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied online. Was contacted by a Talent Acquisition specialist who scheduled a 15 minute phone interview consisting of a few questions of how I've handled previous difficult customers or how I've helped a customer before. Once the 15 minute phone interview is over the company emails you an online assessment consisting of various questions and scenarios to help see if you qualify for the position you are applying. The entire online assessment is multiple choice. I passed the online assessment and was emailed afterwards to schedule an in person interview. In person interview consists of two managers from the department you are applying for taking turns asking you questions about previous jobs, how you may have handled handled difficult customers in the past, your most difficult situation, what you've done in the past to better yourself if you've ever made a mistake, how you have contributed to a team environment, what's the best accomplishment you've ever achieved, and in the end they give you a chance to ask any questions you might have about the company. You will know/have a good feeling if you are offered the position or not at the completion of the in person interview based on the interviewers/closing actions they take and what you may or may not partake in. Basically the interviewers want to see that you are professional, providing and exceeding each and every customer's expectations that you interact with, and that you're looking for a career for the long run not a couple month job.

Interview Questions

• None difficult as long as you have previous scenarios that answer the questions they are asking. Most questions are based on previous experiences you may have had in life or with customers at a previous or current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Yuma, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Really simple. Basic questions and just keep in mind to always use customer as you center point. Always mention you want to restore people's lifes. Also make sure you sound confident and friendly tone.

Interview Questions

• Why do think you are the person for position   1 Answer