Allstate

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Service Specialist Interview

basic interview questions. test is given to determine if you qualify. you get a call back pretty quick. the training is about 2 months, on and off the floor.

n/a

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Claims Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Allstate.

Quick response. Received email to take assessment, passed assessment and contacted for a phone interview. After phone interview i was asked to set up a face to face interview. Interviewed my two individuals and after interview process, I was ask to sit along with a current employee and at that step you have obtained the position

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you dealt with a difficult customer. What steps did you take to satisfy the customer?

Tell me a time when you had to work as a team to resolve a certain project
        Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Allstate around the end of October 2013 from an uncompleted application. A phone interview was completed that day. After the initial interview a face-to-face interview was scheduled for the next day. I was then interviewed by a team lead and a department lead. I was given scenarion specific questions. Be sure to give specific examples from previous employers. After that intial interview the next day I was extended an offer from the same recruiter I spoke with on the previous day. From there I received emails with instructions for my background check and where I would have to go to complete my drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were really basic. They gave specific scenario questions like dealing with irate customers etc.   Answer Question
    No negtiation available

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

I applied online. Was contacted by a Talent Acquisition specialist who scheduled a 15 minute phone interview consisting of a few questions of how I've handled previous difficult customers or how I've helped a customer before. Once the 15 minute phone interview is over the company emails you an online assessment consisting of various questions and scenarios to help see if you qualify for the position you are applying. The entire online assessment is multiple choice. I passed the online assessment and was emailed afterwards to schedule an in person interview. In person interview consists of two managers from the department you are applying for taking turns asking you questions about previous jobs, how you may have handled handled difficult customers in the past, your most difficult situation, what you've done in the past to better yourself if you've ever made a mistake, how you have contributed to a team environment, what's the best accomplishment you've ever achieved, and in the end they give you a chance to ask any questions you might have about the company. You will know/have a good feeling if you are offered the position or not at the completion of the in person interview based on the interviewers/closing actions they take and what you may or may not partake in. Basically the interviewers want to see that you are professional, providing and exceeding each and every customer's expectations that you interact with, and that you're looking for a career for the long run not a couple month job.

Interview Questions
    • None difficult as long as you have previous scenarios that answer the questions they are asking. Most questions are based on previous experiences you may have had in life or with customers at a previous or current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online - interviewed at Allstate.

Received an email that application was received - Then was asked to setup a phone interview - after completing phone interview I was advised that I would receive an email to complete an assessment - received email for successfully completing phone interview - Completed the assessment an email confirmed I passed

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with diversity in the workplace?   View Answer

Claims Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in October 2012.

1.phone call
    2. Assessment online
    3. Personal interview with managers. all situational questions

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst customer you have ever experienced and what did you do to resolve it   Answer Question
    no negotiation for this post

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Diamond Bar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2011.

I got a call from a very polite interviewer. All questions were "what if" and "how would you handle" questions.
    I quickly passed that and got an email to complete the assessment online, passed that and got the results via email within minutes. Then, I was emailed to provide my availability in order to best schedule an interview. It was a 2- person panel that asked the same questions asked during the phone interview, plus a few that weren't , but they weren't difficult questions. It was about 7 questions altogether. Anyways, I got an email about 3 days later that I did not get the job. Yay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2011.

sent in application on a friday and recieved a phone interview that next thursday. after the phone interview and suscessfuly passing that was told to fill out questionaire. filled it out that evening and was called back the following tuesday to schedule a face to face that thursday. after that interview was told would hear somthing in a few weeks. a week and a half later was asked to come in to meet office manager and was offered the position

none set salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Cruces, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in March 2008.

1. Submit application on line with resume!!! (make sure you have a resume!)
    2. Recive a call. (I cant remember if it was a phone interview or not, but if there was there is no way you can fail the phone interview, if you do your dumb!)
    3. You go in for an interview on site. ( When you go in dress nice! If you don'to they are not going to hire you) When you get there you will take a 2 or 3 part skills test. (The test will cover reading comp, and some math skills). If you fail your out the door!!
    4. If you pass they will have one person interview you on the spot.
    That person will likely pass you on to another interview for another day with the head managment.
    5. Second interview above will be a time when qustions.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you had to deal with an upset customer and how you resolved the situation.   View Answer
    No negotiation phase,,,, they have a start off pay and if you have experience in a call center of a year or 2 they will tack on a dollar and some more.

Claims Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2012.

Had two interviews, got rejection emails for both and one day I got a call for an offer.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!