Allstate Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

My 1st interview was with the agency owner and then a few others came in to join like a group interview. It seemed to be mostly a bonding exercise to see if my personality meshed with others in the office.

Interview Questions

• What is my plan B for my children if they are sick and I have to work.   Answer Question

I had already accepted and was satisfied with my decision. I didn't care to pursue any other opportunities.

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiters are sorry about follow up. They never take jobs down from the website even if it is no longer available. Worse follow up from recruiters in Chicago. Don't bank on getting a job even if you're hired. My son was hired at the Jacksonville center, and during training there was a fight with other employee in the training room, and everyone got fired. I had what was supposed to be a face to face interview but the supervisor was not even ready for the interview. He looked over my resume and never asked me any real interview questions. Was told, "oh, by the way, it takes about 2 months for us to make a decision-we'll let you know". After several follow up to the recruiter, I gave up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted soon for a phone interview, completed that, was contacted the next day to set up an in-person interview. General interview process (discuss previous jobs, qualifications), followed by a tour. Was contacted the next day with an offer. There is a background check & drug screen. It's a pretty standard interview, with the regular questions. Nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

• Examples of how you handled certain situations in previous jobs (customer service situation questions) & the other usual stuff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't one. You get what they offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

one phone interview and then a face to face with the insurance manager where he reviewed my credentials and told me what my duties and responsibilities will be if hired by the company

Interview Questions

• describe the worst customer service you have ever given   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in April 2014.

Interview

Started with applying online. Then you will be contacted for phone interview/ once you pass that they send you a test/ if you do well on that they schedule and interview. The interview was about twenty minutes and the asked the normal describe a time when you dealt with a certain situation.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions, mostly common sense on previous work history   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I applied online. Someone called me she conducted phone interview informing me about the position, pay, and training. She then asked me easy behavioral questions dealing with providing customer service. She sent me an email to take an assessment and if i pass it I will move on to schedule a face to face interview at Allstate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Emailed Resume to Assistant Manager. Was called in for primary interview. Very Polite and to the point of what they were looking for. Came back for a second interview and job offer

Negotiation

I was asked what salary range I was looking for, they came back with a lower offer that at the time I was unable to refuse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Wanted to know how I would handle a unhappy customer. What my best assets are, Computer knowledge, work experiences. Have I every had a confrontation with another employee and if so how did it get handled.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a e-mail two days later for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a interview in person the next week. Chris interviewed me, very laid-back, took me to an office and asked a series of questions. After the interview he waked me around the building and then let me know I will get a call the following week if I got the job. I was actually called back two hours after the interview by HR to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a conflict with another co-worker and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of a guy reading alot of different scenarios and asking me what I would do in the situation.