Allstate

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – I applied online. Someone called me she conducted phone interview informing me about the position, pay, and training. She then asked me easy behavioral questions dealing with providing customer service. She sent me an email to take an assessment and if i pass it I will move on to schedule a face to face interview at Allstate.

Interview Question – average behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Allstate in March 2013.

Interview Details – went through a hiring agency

Interview Question – what are your weakness   View Answer

Chubbuck, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in May 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online and then submit a personality profile. You then have to go through a lengthy interview process. They are very interested in your customer service experience and how you handle problems. They also make sure you can work the hours and days they need you work. You will also need to pass a drug test and background test.

Interview Question – They ask different questions on how you handle stress, pressure and difficult customers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Emailed Resume to Assistant Manager.
Was called in for primary interview. Very Polite and to the point of what they were looking for.
Came back for a second interview and job offer

Negotiation Details – I was asked what salary range I was looking for, they came back with a lower offer that at the time I was unable to refuse.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Allstate in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a guy reading alot of different scenarios and asking me what I would do in the situation.

Interview Question – Remembering sales numbers   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – I was called in to interview, i met with the Insurance Agent(owner) and the office manager. It was pretty much a standard interview and mainly the very general questions and information that you can imagine in a regualr interview. Be yourself, answer honestly but in a professional manner.

Interview Question – i don't remember any difficult question   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – One interview. Simple and easy. Computer skills test, group format. Nothing that a teenager could not do or comprehend.

Interview Question – Nothing about this process was difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was a non factor. They give you a number. You like it and accept it or you move on to your next option.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had gone through a very professional interview via the phone, then an online assessment was scheduled, I passed the assessment & was set up for a 1 on 1 interview. I was told I've been recommended for the available position however it takes 2 weeks to hear back on the background check which includes a criminal background check and credit check. Have 2 weeks to go!

Interview Questions

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in March 2010.

Interview Details – Went to the job fair where I had a pre-interviewee and left my resume. They called me in for the interview I waited a couple weeks and someone called me asking if I'd be interested in the sales instead of the service position. They explained the differences in job duties and I agreed. I then had to re-interview for the sales job. Then they called me to take the drug test and hired me on the notion I would pass my license exam. They paid for me to take the exam twice, which I passed and I was hired permanently.

Interview Question – Give me an example when you had to adjust to a change and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and 2 weeks later received call from HR who conducted a brief 10 minute phone interview. I was then asked to complete assessment online and if I passed I would receive an invitation for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – describe a time when dealing with an uncooperative customer...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt this although I have previous experience. I don't think salary is up for negotiation in this lower level position

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees and interview candidates.