Allstate

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Interview Details – Per the interviewer, Allstate is currently expanding its big data group, hoping to double its size by hiring another 20 data scientists this year. They are hiring all levels of data scientists.

The interviewer was friendly and professional, and asked about experience with various big data platforms and software. He indicated they are particularly interested in people with experience with Python and Hadoop.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected; the interview was straightforward and did not contain a technical component (except for asking about experience in various statistical languages/programs). The most difficult question for me, however, was what experience I have had in business/industry, since I have none. (All my experience is an academia.) Based on the interviewer's tone and subsequent questions, I believe that answer took me out of contention for the job.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview with hr
1 technical phone interview with current associate data scientist. Review of resume, analytical coding questions, modeling questions.

Interview Question – questions about a model i just made up   Answer Question

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!