Allstate Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty long process but thankfully both HR and managers did a great job working together. I applied online and a month later got an email inviting me to fill out a screening questionnaire. A week later I had a phone interview with a manager who happened to be very nice and who answered all my questions. A couple days later the same HR representative invited me to an in person interview with two managers. This was a more rigorous interview but consisted mostly of behavioral questions. Not easy questions, but mostly behavioral. Following this interview, about a week later, I had a final phone with another manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. The screening questionnaire has some of the more technical questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview after I applied online through my University's database. Then I had an interview on their campus in Northbrook, meeting with 5-6 different people. All were very fair, behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had to improve an existing process in order to achieve a desired outcome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Tempe, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Process took 2+ months. I applied online for entry level financial analyst position for AZ regional office. Heard back from recruiter and filled out questionnaire. Got a phone call 2 weeks later to see if I was still interested in position. A week later I got an email to schedule an interview. Went in next week for interview and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions. Asked what the insurance industry will face in the upcoming years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through the University and heard back via email about two weeks later. Completed a pre interview screening process via email, and then asked to come to a in person interview. Standard behavioral questions, and intense questions about resume and past experiences. Be prepared to answer how you are dedicated for the insurance sector, and Allstate as a firm. Stiff competition, many university and experience professionals apply

Interview Questions

• What would result if the company stopped renewing insurance policies in a specific area, say a hurricane region?   1 Answer

wanted to stay in the real estate sector

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Standard college recruiting interview: One 30 min interview on campus, final round set of three 30 min-interviews at home office. 95% behavioral questions, 5% technical questions. Recruiter/Interviewers were looking for more than just the most intelligent candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life when you failed at something, and what did you do to overcome this failure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Bloomington, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume onto an on-campus recruiting website at Indiana University. They contacted me to move further along in the interview process and I attended a pre-night to learn more about the company. The next day I had an interview that lasted 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would computer operated cars change the insurance industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Bothell, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Apply through Linkedin and got a phone interview. The phone interview was kind of easy, they just want to discuss your future goal. After that I was set up for in person interview, which was mostly based on behavioral questions. Advanced to next round and waiting for the answer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

First touch was a campus career fair. After meeting and speaking with interviewer was selected for an on campus interview. On campus interview was mostly to learn more about self. take me through resume, why allstate, etc. There was nothing too challenging about this first interview and felt i connected with the interviewer pretty well but was not selected to continue. Next round would have been at headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me directly how your coursework will prepare you for this role   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview took about 3 weeks and there were 2 phone screening and one on-site interview. The phone interviewers gave a great impression of the company, but the interviewers on-site were terrible. They were highly disrespectful, rude, arrogant, and clearly gave the impression, from the very beginning, that they had no interest in interviewing me, let alone offering me a job. It was a complete waste of time and energy. If they had no intention of hiring me, they should've just not asked me to come to their office.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question to predict something based on past statistics. The statistics were very limited, and even though there couldn't be a right answer (they said so themselves), they force you to give an answer - and then give you reasons for why it's wrong (there's not enough data).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Online application then a quick phone interview, followed by an interview with current analyst and then two superiors.