Allstate

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allstate in May 2014.

Interview Details – Process took 2+ months. I applied online for entry level financial analyst position for AZ regional office. Heard back from recruiter and filled out questionnaire. Got a phone call 2 weeks later to see if I was still interested in position. A week later I got an email to schedule an interview. Went in next week for interview and received an offer the next day.

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions. Asked what the insurance industry will face in the upcoming years.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Applied through the University and heard back via email about two weeks later. Completed a pre interview screening process via email, and then asked to come to a in person interview. Standard behavioral questions, and intense questions about resume and past experiences. Be prepared to answer how you are dedicated for the insurance sector, and Allstate as a firm. Stiff competition, many university and experience professionals apply

Interview Question – What would result if the company stopped renewing insurance policies in a specific area, say a hurricane region?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – wanted to stay in the real estate sector

Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Allstate in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume onto an on-campus recruiting website at Indiana University. They contacted me to move further along in the interview process and I attended a pre-night to learn more about the company. The next day I had an interview that lasted 30-45 minutes.

Interview Question – How would computer operated cars change the insurance industry?   View Answer

Bothell, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2013.

Interview Details – Apply through Linkedin and got a phone interview. The phone interview was kind of easy, they just want to discuss your future goal. After that I was set up for in person interview, which was mostly based on behavioral questions. Advanced to next round and waiting for the answer.

Interview Question – why choose Allstate?   View Answer

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – First touch was a campus career fair. After meeting and speaking with interviewer was selected for an on campus interview. On campus interview was mostly to learn more about self. take me through resume, why allstate, etc. There was nothing too challenging about this first interview and felt i connected with the interviewer pretty well but was not selected to continue. Next round would have been at headquarters.

Interview Question – Tell me directly how your coursework will prepare you for this role   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Online application then a quick phone interview, followed by an interview with current analyst and then two superiors.

Interview Question – What is Insurance?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through the Allstate website. I first received a phone call from the human resources department, headquartered in IL, about one business day after submitting my application. Instead of a phone call arranging a formal phone screening, they asked if I had time to do it right away. I went ahead with it and wasn't really prepared to answer questions such as "Name one situation where you worked in a group, and describe your experience" or "Name an obstacle at work or school you had to work through." Etc. Especially since I was driving home at the time. I thought I bombed it but turns out they emailed me 2 days later and schedule an in-person interview at their atlanta office. It was with two people from their finance department. One appeared to like me. The other seemed very hesitant of my abilities. They asked me situational questions as well as insurance-related questions. For instance, "how would discontinuing insurance policy renewals for homeowners affect the company." At the end, they asked me to prepare a presentation for them. They said there would be a second round of interviews if I made it through.

Took about a week to get an email about how I didn't get a job.

Interview Question – If allstate were to cancel all insurance policy renewals in areas with hurricanes, how would this affect the company?   View Answer

Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Allstate in March 2011.

Interview Details – After sending in my resume I received a call from someone representing Allstate. They confirmed my information on my resume and asked some questions I was not expecting since it was the first time I had actually communicated with them. The next week I was brought in and interviewed with three people separately, The first just wanted to get to know you and see how you would fit into the company. The following two were more concerned about your skill set and how that would help the company. Be prepared for behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me something that's not on your resume that you would like to us to know.   Answer Question

Northbrook, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

Interview Details – Allstate asked me, " When were you part of a team, and how did you benefit from your team members in a way that the team was better off than if you had worked by yourself?"
Also, they asked if they could do a background check, if I was a veteran, what salary I was looking for. I said around $40,000 per year, and they said this corresponded to what they were looking for.

Interview Question – " When were you part of a team, and how did you benefit from your team members in a way that the team was better off than if you had worked by yourself?"   View Answer

Northbrook, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in October 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume on my college recruiting website and was invited for an interview.
I was interviewed by an Analyst and a Director from the Department for 30 minutes and they asked behavioral questions. the day before the person to person interview, I received a call from HR asking me a few behavioral questions also (15 min conversation). two weeks later, I received a phone call extending an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!