Allstate

Updated Aug 26, 2014

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Had a phone interview after I applied online through my University's database. Then I had an interview on their campus in Northbrook, meeting with 5-6 different people. All were very fair, behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time where you had to improve an existing process in order to achieve a desired outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate in May 2014.

Process took 2+ months. I applied online for entry level financial analyst position for AZ regional office. Heard back from recruiter and filled out questionnaire. Got a phone call 2 weeks later to see if I was still interested in position. A week later I got an email to schedule an interview. Went in next week for interview and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions. Asked what the insurance industry will face in the upcoming years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Allstate.

Applied through the University and heard back via email about two weeks later. Completed a pre interview screening process via email, and then asked to come to a in person interview. Standard behavioral questions, and intense questions about resume and past experiences. Be prepared to answer how you are dedicated for the insurance sector, and Allstate as a firm. Stiff competition, many university and experience professionals apply

Interview Questions
    • What would result if the company stopped renewing insurance policies in a specific area, say a hurricane region?   View Answer

wanted to stay in the real estate sector

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate in October 2013.

I submitted my resume onto an on-campus recruiting website at Indiana University. They contacted me to move further along in the interview process and I attended a pre-night to learn more about the company. The next day I had an interview that lasted 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How would computer operated cars change the insurance industry?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in September 2013.

Apply through Linkedin and got a phone interview. The phone interview was kind of easy, they just want to discuss your future goal. After that I was set up for in person interview, which was mostly based on behavioral questions. Advanced to next round and waiting for the answer.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

First touch was a campus career fair. After meeting and speaking with interviewer was selected for an on campus interview. On campus interview was mostly to learn more about self. take me through resume, why allstate, etc. There was nothing too challenging about this first interview and felt i connected with the interviewer pretty well but was not selected to continue. Next round would have been at headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me directly how your coursework will prepare you for this role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in February 2013.

The interview took about 3 weeks and there were 2 phone screening and one on-site interview. The phone interviewers gave a great impression of the company, but the interviewers on-site were terrible. They were highly disrespectful, rude, arrogant, and clearly gave the impression, from the very beginning, that they had no interest in interviewing me, let alone offering me a job. It was a complete waste of time and energy. If they had no intention of hiring me, they should've just not asked me to come to their office.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question to predict something based on past statistics. The statistics were very limited, and even though there couldn't be a right answer (they said so themselves), they force you to give an answer - and then give you reasons for why it's wrong (there's not enough data).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Online application then a quick phone interview, followed by an interview with current analyst and then two superiors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in August 2011.

I applied through the Allstate website. I first received a phone call from the human resources department, headquartered in IL, about one business day after submitting my application. Instead of a phone call arranging a formal phone screening, they asked if I had time to do it right away. I went ahead with it and wasn't really prepared to answer questions such as "Name one situation where you worked in a group, and describe your experience" or "Name an obstacle at work or school you had to work through." Etc. Especially since I was driving home at the time. I thought I bombed it but turns out they emailed me 2 days later and schedule an in-person interview at their atlanta office. It was with two people from their finance department. One appeared to like me. The other seemed very hesitant of my abilities. They asked me situational questions as well as insurance-related questions. For instance, "how would discontinuing insurance policy renewals for homeowners affect the company." At the end, they asked me to prepare a presentation for them. They said there would be a second round of interviews if I made it through.

Took about a week to get an email about how I didn't get a job.

Interview Questions
    • If allstate were to cancel all insurance policy renewals in areas with hurricanes, how would this affect the company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

Allstate asked me, " When were you part of a team, and how did you benefit from your team members in a way that the team was better off than if you had worked by yourself?"
    Also, they asked if they could do a background check, if I was a veteran, what salary I was looking for. I said around $40,000 per year, and they said this corresponded to what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • " When were you part of a team, and how did you benefit from your team members in a way that the team was better off than if you had worked by yourself?"   View Answer