Allstate

3.1

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in August 2011.

I applied through the Allstate website. I first received a phone call from the human resources department, headquartered in IL, about one business day after submitting my application. Instead of a phone call arranging a formal phone screening, they asked if I had time to do it right away. I went ahead with it and wasn't really prepared to answer questions such as "Name one situation where you worked in a group, and describe your experience" or "Name an obstacle at work or school you had to work through." Etc. Especially since I was driving home at the time. I thought I bombed it but turns out they emailed me 2 days later and schedule an in-person interview at their atlanta office. It was with two people from their finance department. One appeared to like me. The other seemed very hesitant of my abilities. They asked me situational questions as well as insurance-related questions. For instance, "how would discontinuing insurance policy renewals for homeowners affect the company." At the end, they asked me to prepare a presentation for them. They said there would be a second round of interviews if I made it through.

Took about a week to get an email about how I didn't get a job.

Interview Questions
  • If allstate were to cancel all insurance policy renewals in areas with hurricanes, how would this affect the company?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

Allstate asked me, " When were you part of a team, and how did you benefit from your team members in a way that the team was better off than if you had worked by yourself?"
    Also, they asked if they could do a background check, if I was a veteran, what salary I was looking for. I said around $40,000 per year, and they said this corresponded to what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • " When were you part of a team, and how did you benefit from your team members in a way that the team was better off than if you had worked by yourself?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate in March 2011.

After sending in my resume I received a call from someone representing Allstate. They confirmed my information on my resume and asked some questions I was not expecting since it was the first time I had actually communicated with them. The next week I was brought in and interviewed with three people separately, The first just wanted to get to know you and see how you would fit into the company. The following two were more concerned about your skill set and how that would help the company. Be prepared for behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that's not on your resume that you would like to us to know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in October 2010.

First round was not bad. They just wanted to get to know you. The second round you will meet with 3 or 4 analysts or upper-level managers. I have that 2nd round in a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in July 2010.

I had the initial phone interview this past week lasted around 15 minutes and consisted of going over my resume, Why I applied to the position, and 2 situational questions regarding leadership and overcoming obstacles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in October 2009.

Submitted my resume on my college recruiting website and was invited for an interview.
    I was interviewed by an Analyst and a Director from the Department for 30 minutes and they asked behavioral questions. the day before the person to person interview, I received a call from HR asking me a few behavioral questions also (15 min conversation). two weeks later, I received a phone call extending an offer.

None

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in October 2010.

Interview was very straight forward with questions regarding resume. After the on-campus interview, recruiter said a decision would be made in ~2 weeks. After two weeks past, with no word, I contacted the recruiter for an update and within a few hours received a letter from HR declining me. In general, the interviewers didn't have any answers for my questions, so I felt like more of a nuisance. Neither interviewer had a business card either.

Interview Questions
    • How does your education directly prepare you for work as a financial analyst?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in July 2010.

lengthy interview process
    applied in april with initial contact in mid june
    initial phone interview seemed like a sceen
    work environment seemed pretty casual- went in on a friday and it was casual friday

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate in June 2010.

Received a call from Allstate pertaining to the position applied for. Went over a couple of questions pertaining to my background (resume). Was then asked to answer a couple questions. Describe team work experience and how did you handle a situation or experience you were not prepared for. Lasted about 15 minutes or so and was told that if the hiring manager likes what he sees I will know within 12 days. Crossing my fingers, the guy was really nice and informative to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe some team work experience in the past you have had.   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with a situation or experience you were unprepared for?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate in January 2008.

I applied to Allstate online. A recruiter called soon and I had a phone interview. The recruiter asked about my education and work experiences. My work experiences are mainly service related and one from an investment banking training session. She went asked about what companies were used in valuations, what was their annual market cap, what methods were used in valuations and why and how I made certain assumptions...etc...
    This was about 2 years ago when I was still in school and didn't know much interviewing tips and techniques. I was preoccupied at the time that I picked up the call and was not at all ready for the interview. I should have politely asked to set up another convenient time to interview as my mind was not clear and free for what was to come forth. Of course I babbled my way through and could clearly see that she was not so happy with my answers. I did not hear back from her. So, I'd say please prepare prepare prepare as thoroughly as you can about the company...be ready to walk through your resume smoothly etc...

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail how the comparables analysis is done.   Answer Question