Allstate

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Risk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate in December 2012.

First you fill out an application online, they give you a phone interview, then an office sit down with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I can't remember anything specific that was too difficult. They ask you things like can you tell me a time when you were working with a team and ect...   Answer Question
    They are not open to negotiations from what I could gather...

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following day by email to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview and it was very simple. The recruiter was very nice and professional. He asked me questions like " Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer" and " Tell me about a time you had to think outside the box".

After the interview he told me he would be sending me an online assessment. The assessment was a personality/customer service test. It was very straightforward. About fifteen minutes after I took the test I got an email saying I passed and I would receive a call from my recruiter regarding the next step.

The recruiter called me the next morning and set up an in person interview. The in person interview was very informative. I met with two of the department managers first. They went over the job in detail and then asked me a couple questions. Some of the questions were to tell them about a time that I had to deal with an angry customer and to tell them about a time that I had to adjust to a major change. After that, I went and sat with an employee and watched him do the job. I sat there for about half an hour and was then sent to met with the head manager of the floor. He asked me "Why Allstate" and what I was looking for in a career. He then walked me out and told me I would hear from them in 5-6 days.

Two hours later I received a phone call offering me the position contingent on my drug and background screen.

Overall it was a very straightforward and enjoyable interview process. I was kept informed of my progress every step of the way.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. This is an entry level position.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in September 2008.

3 phase interviewing processs: Test & 2 BDI interviews

Customer Report Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in March 2008.

Now when I originally interviewed with this company I had a phone interview then I came in for all kinds of tests, if they decide you are a fit, they will have you take a drug test. Then within a few days they will make an offer as to pay and such. The office life was a call center, training was for 6 weeks filled with lots of tests along the way. The job itself had great health and vacation benefits but with almost any office job you will have the normal office politics. You know, the supervisors that liked to play favorites and such. I worked there for 2 years before being laid off with 300 other employees. Too bad, miss the money but not the company.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you manage yourself in a high pace, high stress environment?   View Answer
    Not really much of one, I was only 19 or 20 at the time, they offered me 12.80 a/h and I accepted!