Allstate

Allstate Inside Claims Trainee Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Claim Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in September 2010.

I applied for the position on a Sunday night and on Tuesday I got a phone call. The call was basically a short review of my resume, description of the position and 2 interview style questions. One question was "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond while giving great customer service." I was told if I passed the phone interview I would receive an email with a link to an online personality test. I took the test and found out I passed right away. It was a fairly easy test of rating youself in certain situations. A day later I was contacted by the interviewing manager to set up an interview.

I walked into the office at 830am which was the scheduled interview time. When I notified an employee that I was there I was told that the interview wasn't until 9am when they had clearly told me 830. The interview of 3 on 1 and I was surprised because of this. The interview questions were all from a script that the managers had. It was emphasized multiple times during the interview that the position was phone based meaning you would be on the phone constantly throughout your shift. The staff in the office were all seated in cubicles with headsets on, working the phones. The interviewers were all nice.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you stood up against the status quo   Answer Question
  • Is this job, after how I described it, what you thought it would be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Inside Claims Trainee Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in September 2010.

This was a very odd interview process. Applied online then received a call 2-3 days later for a phone interview. 2 days later got an online assessment test to take. Took that and was notified I passed immediately. Was advised to email the recruiter. Recruiter call me and set up an interview for the Wednesday the following week. Had a interview with 2 people. They had 4-5 behavioral questions that they read from a script. They were all generic and basically the same question. Tell me about a time you exceeded the customer's needs blah blah. Typical starting salary is $35,000.00 per year and they said that most people work 55-60 hours a week. That is ridiculous at that salary. Sat with a female claims rep for 20 minutes. Nice girl and had been there for 3 1/2 years. She advised me that the job sucked and had gotten worse because they micromanage every call, don't always give raises (unless people fill out these quality postcards), are way understaffed, and seem to have tiers of unnecessary management. i appreciated her honesty and she said that alot of people are trying to leave that office. Anyway offered position and told I had 48 hours to give a decision. Advised I had to think about it (had another interview 2 days later) and they got pushy. I declined.

Just all round poor hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an upset customer and you turned around their experience to a positive one?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went over and beyond the job to make a customer happy?   Answer Question

Inside Claims Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in June 2010.

I applied online and the next week I received a voicemail from an Allstate HR employee stating that she had received my resume and would like to speak with me about it. I returned her call and was a bit caught off guard when she asked me a few general interview questions. She said they would contact me if I am chosen to move forward in the process. I then got an email from Allstate instructing me to take an online test consisting of mainly customer service/personality questions. A couple days later I got an email to schedule an on-site interview. The interview was with two managers. They were both very nice. The interview was very structured with 4 behavioral, "tell me about a time when.." type questions. They each pertained to a certain skill or characteristic you will need for the job (putting in the extra effort, building relationships with customers, etc..) After the four questions.. they went on to tell me all about the position. They did not sugarcoat it at all and warned me that it would be very fast-paced and I would have to deal with angry customers often. I got an offer over the phone two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went over and above to achieve a goal/complete a project and what were the results.   Answer Question

Inside Claim Trainee Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in May 2010.

First was an online application which included a cover letter and resume. Once the recruitment team reviewed those, I was invited to take an online test which consisted of a personality inventory, situational questions, and basic math. I was immediately notified after taking the test that I met the qualifications required for that portion of the employment screening. The online exam was followed by a phone interview during which I was asked customer service based situational questions. I was called back a few weeks later after notification that I was being recommended for an in-person interview. The interview was with two low-level managers. After the interview I was called and made a verbal offer by the recruitment team a week later. I asked for more money and was told they were making the highest offer they could make, accepted the offer, and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time during which you went above and beyond to meet a goal?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever faced a customer service challenge? What did you do to overcome it and ensure customer satisfaction?   Answer Question
    They start all trainees at the same rate and re-evaluate every two years for cost of living increases. Expect the offer to be lower than the industry average. The explain this by more paid time off than other companies and benefits starting on day 1.