Allstate

Updated Jun 3, 2014
Updated Jun 3, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

I responded to a listing on the internet via email and received an email back from the agency owner. He stated that I would need to email the office manager about the position. I emailed the office manager and he sent me a personality test over email and told me to complete it and send it back in and he would be contacting me shortly. After completing the survey and sending it back in, he scheduled an interview with me at the office. I interviewed with him and he was very friendly and conversational. He asked me many basic questions, but focused on why i would be a good salesman for the most part. The interview went well and i was hired on the spot. I started later that week as a telemarketer. I was a telemarketer for the next couple weeks to gain experience talking to customers about insurance, then i switched over to a Property and Casualty Insurance Producer.

Interview Questions
  • "What makes you think that you will a great Allstate Insurance Producer?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Insurance Agent Interview

Dropped off my resume to local agent and knew people who worked there.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any questions I thought were hard but the main questions were based on how you felt about joining a team that the main focus is sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate in September 2013.

I was not given an offer letter or commision sheet to explain pay rates. Commisions changed frequently. The expectations that were set were not true to the work environment.

Interview Questions
    I was told a raise would be offered in six months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chubbuck, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chubbuck, ID

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate in April 2012.

The process began with emails requesting a phone interview.and permission to do a background check. From the questions asked, I thought that the job would be a lot more people friendly than it actually turned out to be. Instead of an agent that can help people, we were treated like we were robots and encouraged to let people yell and demean us.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included how you would handle personal information, or a situation with an upset customer, typical customer service type questions.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, salary was flat rate and the job was misrepresented from the start because they kept changing the details throughout training.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate in June 2010.

Interview and hiring process ok. Be prepared to invest at least $75,000 or more to get started. Allstate is clever at bringing people in, having them invest their money to start an agency and then when the agent doesn't make it, a bigger agent gets the book.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have $75,000 or more to invest in this company?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate in December 2009.

the process of hiring and iterviewing was very thorough for such a short period of time

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate.

First initial interview with owners. Second interview with employees.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate.

It started with a phone call to a current agent inquiring how I could become an Allstate Agent. Next I was contacted by "agent management" I was initially treated very well and directed into the licensing process. After numerous interviews. I entered the training program (more than a 6 mo process) Simultaneously I began the process of purchasing the agency from a retiring agent.

Long, On the one hand I being hired as a new agent . On the other hand I'm negotiating a $300k purchase that was difficult but not impossible to finance.