Allstate Interview Questions

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Overall, it was a long interview process with multiple steps. Be prepared for a Behavioral Interview ("Tell me about a time when...") and some type of skills check. Use the STAR method for the behavioral questions and you should be OK. My HR rep was great with follow up and next steps so I always felt like I was in the loop.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were pulled in many different directions and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

The process started off very quick but have slowed down now. I have completed a total of 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone, the second was with a panel of 3 managers, then last was one with the hiring manager. very pleasant interviews. Everything went very well, but almost a week has passed and still no response or offer. Trying to stay positive until I hear further.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to prioritize your time at work   Answer Question

Reinsurance Analyst II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Recruiter was extremely helpful and insightful always provided info that proved to be useful for the next step in hiring process.

Total of 3 interviews: 2 by phone and 1 in person with direct mgr and two higher ups
    First was over the phone with Recruiter, Second interview over the phone as well, was scheduled quickly after the first. It took over two weeks to schedule in person and after in person I heard back after like a week or two.

In person interview was initially quoted to be 45mins with each individual but was changed to an hour total.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

The first step is a telephone interview/screening call which was very short; the woman I spoke with was very kind and pleasant which made it very easy. Afterward came an online assessment test which was very simple. It allows you 60 minutes to complete it but I finished in roughly 15. The in-person interview was next which was an interview with 2 of the managers who asked general customer service questions. This was very enjoyable as it was not very formal and was more of a casual discussion to get to know each other. After this interview was the last interview with the regional manager which was also informal and there we talked more about the company, the culture, and benefits. I also got to sit with a few of their adjusters, speak with them, and see exactly what they do.

Entry Level Field Property Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Once you have submitted your application depending upon your previous experience you will be sent a follow up email for a phone interview. HR ask for a good time from 8am-5pm to set up a 15-20 minute interview with you. My interview lasted about 15 minutes asking customer service orientated questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you responded to an overwhelmed customer.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allstate.

Met with agent and spend some time going back and forth about my job history and the position itself. Relaxed interview yet thorough. The agent is quite sharp and is leading the commercial insurance sector and employee benefits. Also met with two other team members, I would imagine to get their feedback on my presence later. We definitely spend a good amount of time talking about my work history and talked about specifics of sales. Then we spent a good amount of time discussing the job itself and my expectations. This agency is planning on being a leader and the agent is only looking for the sharpest agents.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time you overcame objections to get the sale.   Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Take an aptitude test, go through a phone interview with an HR representative, schedule an in person meeting with management and possibly a follow up phone or in person interview, they call you to offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    Not much opportunity for negotiation, they have set salaries and call you to accept the job or not.

Customer Service Associate (Unlicensed) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate in March 2015.

I was interviewed by one person. She was very nice. Went over work history and had to answer 5 questions (STAR). She asked for the best number for me to be reached and told me my recruiter would reach back out to me. Two days later I received an offer. Offer was accepted. Pay is already set but it works for me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Entry Level Inside Liability Determinate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

Hey everyone,
    The interview process is as followed:
    1. Applied online
    2. Selected by recruiter and asked to complete a phone interview (it is a recording where you record your answer - asked current position questions, current compensation and why Allstate with "Name a time" scenario questions) It is rather short maybe 5 or 6 questions.
    3. Upon being selected by hiring after your recorded statement, you are given a link to pass a behavioral analysis style questionnaire - SO SUPER EASY DO NOT SWEAT IT JOB SEEKERS
    4. I was then selected to come in for the face to face interview with team lead (it is who team you will be on so shine bright like a diamond - in my Rihana voice) They only ask name a time questions...like name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, name a time when you gave wrong information etc.
    5. You will be asked to come back and meet with team lead boss and call listen with a current employee.

**Shout out to Allstate because it was honestly the most welcoming interview process I have ever experienced and they were friendly and not the type to look down at people**

6. After that if selected a recruiter will call and extend a job offer

Interview Questions
    • Listed questions in description of interview process sorry.   Answer Question
    I just accepted because for entry level to me it is a blessing to even get the position and I know I can grown and make more over time

Senior BI Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

I had a telephone interview for a Sr. Bi Adjuster position. I passed the first step and was told I had to take the dreaded on line exam. I passed it and received an e-mail from the recruiter stating that she will contact me to set up an interview. After 2 weeks I. Didn't hear back so I sent a follow up e-mail and I didn't get a response from the recruiter. I waited a week and sent another e-mail with the same results. Finally I received an e-mail from Allstate saying that I was not qualified for the position. What? I have over 15 years in the industry and I'm not qualified? So I e-mailed the recruited asking why I was never called, when I was told I would be, and you guessed it, no reply. This is very unprofessional.