Allstate

420 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Trial Attorney Interview

Trial Attorney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by their HR personnel and requested to provide certain info online. Allstate followed up with an email requesting interview availability and another asking to confirm interview time. Interviewed by three managers. Mostly conversational, with only a few "pressure" questions (which are asked of all candidates). Lasted just under an hour.

Interview Question – Specific example of when you were on a team and how you contributed?
A time when you have had conflict at work- how you resolved and what you may do differently?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
  Answer Question

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Liability Claims Adjuster

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and within a few hours I received two emails from a recruiter. One stating to complete an assessment that took me 45 minutes to complete, you are allotted 60 minutes. The other was to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy and quick; it took about 10 to 15 minutes. The recruiter was very friendly and seemed genuine. I am waiting to schedule a face-to-face interview with the hiring managers which should be scheduled in the next 48 hours.

Interview Question – Basic questions. "How did you hear about this job?" "Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer and had a positive outcome. Explain the steps you took to do so." "Tell me about a time you were not successful in satisfying a customer."   View Answer

Inside Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Inside Auto Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Interview Details – Basic Phone Interview: Questions were based on resume and qualifications.
Online Assessment Test: Took about 45 minutes to complete. Scenario type questions to measure consistency and ways you would handle certain situations.
Face-To-Face Interview: A lot of questions! Read off of a scripted sheet of paper with scenario questions. EX: "Describe a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer" "What motivates you in the workplace?"

Interview Question – There were no out of the ordinary questions. Just your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Customer Relationship Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allstate in February 2012.

Interview Details – Received phone call a few days after submitting application. Basic phone interview with general questions about job history, interest in position, etc. Did an online assessment and then was called back to schedule a sit down interview with team manager a couple days later. Interview was basic behavioral questions, they don't deviate from this at all BTW.. Was told about the job salary and responsibilities.. HR called me the next day and offered me the position

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you provided service above and beyond?   Answer Question
  • Give me a time where you directly faced with a difficult situation with a customer and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they tell you the terms of compensation upfront.

Marketing Position Interview

Marketing Position

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Someone called me to ask if I was still interested in "a marketing position I applied for." We agreed to have a phone interview. I asked if I was going to receive an email confirmation for the interview and was told "she doesn't do that." At this point, I don't even know what position specifically I'm being interviewed for since I applied for a couple of positions on their site.
She calls and immediately goes into asking questions. No "How are you?" No "Is this a good time to talk still?" She introduced herself and said what type of questions she was going to ask.
She proceeds to ask questions and I answer them according. She was completely silently throughout the interview unless she was asking the question. I couldn't tell if she was even listening to the point I said Hello to ensure the call was still connected.
Then came the time for me to ask questions. I asked very common interview questions and she didn't know the answer to any of them, or just gave yes or no responses.

I asked "Is there travel required?"
Her response: "They didn't tell me that."

I asked "What is a typical day in the position?"
Her response: "They didn't tell me but it really depends on the project"

I asked "Is this a new position? If not, she the person who held this position previously still with the company?"
Her response: "No its not a new position. I don't know where the other person went."

I asked "What are the next steps?"
Her response "Ummm, I have to talk to some people but I guess the next few weeks."

Still at this point she hasn't even told me the TITLE OF THE POSITION we were discussing and there was no convenient time for me to ask without sounding unprepared.

After asking all my questions, I asked for her email address so I could send a follow-up and thank you email.

I sent the email and never heard anything.

Interview Question – The entire process was difficult. Maybe my interviewer was having a bad day.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in February 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone call to prescreen applicants - then panel interview with lead counsel attorneys. Typical hypothetical scenario questions, "what would you do if..." "tell me about a time when..." Most difficult part is getting all of the lead counsels in a room together to conduct an interview. Following up with a thank you note is a must in order to keep the attention directed at you.

Interview Question – Do you know what summary judgments are?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took about 3 weeks and there were 2 phone screening and one on-site interview. The phone interviewers gave a great impression of the company, but the interviewers on-site were terrible. They were highly disrespectful, rude, arrogant, and clearly gave the impression, from the very beginning, that they had no interest in interviewing me, let alone offering me a job. It was a complete waste of time and energy. If they had no intention of hiring me, they should've just not asked me to come to their office.

Interview Question – They asked a question to predict something based on past statistics. The statistics were very limited, and even though there couldn't be a right answer (they said so themselves), they force you to give an answer - and then give you reasons for why it's wrong (there's not enough data).   Answer Question

Product Operations Analyst Interview

Product Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in January 2012.

Interview Details – Three Interview Process which started with a phone interview and then progressed to a 1:1 interview and then lastly a panel interview. The interviews consisted of questions regarding your prior work experience and how it applies to the position that you are interviewing for.

Interview Question – Very Straight forward....talk about past work roles and experiences.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Liability Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – The outsourced human resources is so unprofessional and unorganized. They work from home and you can hear their children, grandchildren, and household appliances in the background. They don't have any follow up information and they will promise to return calls or keep you updated on the claims process and never return your call.

Interview Question – I returned a call to the human resources representative who called for a pre-screening and she answered the phone "who is this and how did you get this number"   Answer Question

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Inside Property Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Applied online and had a phone interview in less than a week. Then took a customer service personality test online. Scheduled an in person interview a few days later. Great interview. Everyone was very nice. Sat down and met a few employees.

Interview Question – Name a time when you made a mistake at work with a bad outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!