Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

Entry Level Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in April 2015.

Interview

After doing the phone interview and passing the online assessment I was scheduled for a face to face interview. The whole interview took about 2 hours. The interview was with two of the Claims Team Leaders and it was more of a conversation than an actual interview. They did a great job of letting me know what they where looking for and told me to just answer the questions honestly and not how I think they want me to answer. It was a really comfortable environment as far as interviews go. This part of the interview took about an hour and a half. After that they invited me to sit with a claims adjuster while they discuss me with their boss. Sitting with the claims adjuster was really insightful on what it would be like to get the job. I shadowed the claim adjuster for probably about 30 minutes before their boss came and got me for a mini interview. I did the interview today and waiting to hear back from them. I hope I get it I really loved the environment!

Interview Questions

• Basic name a time questions. They give a brief explanation for what they are looking for before they ask the question...more conversational then basic name a time format   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied through my University's job board. Had a phone interview within 2 days of applying. The phone interview was basic questions and I had to take a computer screening exam as well. After passing that, I then had an interviewed scheduled in the office. The second interview asked me why I am interested in the internship, why I feel I am qualified, etc. About 2 weeks later I got scheduled for a third interview. This interview lasted a total of 5 minutes and was with the office's lead manager. I was asked the same questions from the second interview, just asked by the manager instead and then I was told that I would hear back very soon. 2 weeks later I was notified that the position was filled via email. The process was all too lengthy, taking 2 months in total, even though the interviewers always told me that I would be notified within a few days after each round, it normally took a few weeks. Also the 3rd interview required me to miss an entire day of classes due to travel time, but I was only asked the same simple questions from before. It was a true waste of time.

Licensed Sales Producer- Not Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Initial interview very good - one on one and then the written and oral testing from the corporate office, not to stressful if you know the business - Don't know why this site requires at least 30 words - but - there really isn't much advancement working at the sales locations unless you decide to open your own office or go to work for the actual copy

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Very easy. The interview was with two managers who read off questions from a corporate interview sheet and wrote down notes based on my answers. All questions were geared toward customer service in general and had little to do with claims. One part of the interview did touch upon your knowledge of Auto Claims, but again, it was really geared to get a sense of your prior customer service experience and how you have helped customers in the past.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult customer service situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Went over the resume and described the projects and stat analysis softwares used and mentioned python experience will be a plus. Then told me direction of the data team is working on. HR said there will be a technical one, but finally there is not.

Interview Questions

• Projects done in the past.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Overall, it was a long interview process with multiple steps. Be prepared for a Behavioral Interview ("Tell me about a time when...") and some type of skills check. Use the STAR method for the behavioral questions and you should be OK. My HR rep was great with follow up and next steps so I always felt like I was in the loop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were pulled in many different directions and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy, applied online and then spoke with a rep. Take an online test about how you would handle situations and personality related questions. About to have my actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with a customer to find out exactly what they needed.   Answer Question

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online in February, was contacted via email for a phone interview on 04/10, and completed a 15 min phone interview on 04/13. I then passed the assessment also on 04/13. I am currently waiting for the phone call stating they want a face to face interview! I am really hoping and praying for this job, not because of the money, but because it is my passion!

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The application process is well set up and maintained. There may be a waiting period before you hear anything, but once you get your foot in, it moves quickly. Hr does a good job at answering question and replying back in a timely fashion. The online testing is not overly difficult and easy to understand. If you don't have customer service experience, you will struggle. Answer your question as you would in a retail setting with dealing with an angry customer. Dress to impress at the 1:1. Don't be uptight, but don't be to casual. These are people too. Be outgoing and confident but not arrogant. You'll need more than a college degree for this job, so have some relevant work experience ready. Don't try and BS your way through, they will see right through it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake?
      Name a time you had to adapt to a new way of doing things.
      Name a time a customer was mad at you. How did you respond to resolve the issue.

Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

The process started off very quick but have slowed down now. I have completed a total of 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone, the second was with a panel of 3 managers, then last was one with the hiring manager. very pleasant interviews. Everything went very well, but almost a week has passed and still no response or offer. Trying to stay positive until I hear further.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to prioritize your time at work   Answer Question