Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.7

Claim Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Notified via email to set up a phone interview within 48 hours. Phone interview was straight forward behavioral questions and you aren't talking to a person, it's with an automated system. Same week was notified that my resume and responses would be passed on to the hiring manager. Hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview (they preferred in office, however we were unable to schedule a time). This part was very straight forward as well. The interviewers explained why they were asking the questions before actually asking, which kinda gives you an idea of what would be a desirable answer. Notified within a week that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers? How do you organize yourself? Etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Entire process took 7 weeks. Automated phone interview and an in-person interview with 2 managers. Pretty easy questions about previous instances of providing customer service, why do you want job, what can you bring to company, etc... Research interview questions that are currently being used, it's a whole new ball game out here if you haven't been on interview in awhile...I didn't hear back after interview, I gave up on it, and 5 weeks later I got position... Background check took a week

Interview Questions

• Biggest decision you ever had to make....
      Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.....

Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

In hindsight, it was too easy. It started with a innocuous phone screen, followed by a secondary call from a different person then an offer came through quickly. It felt more about networking so I thought it was fortunate.

Interview Questions

• Who did you work with at "company x"?   1 Answer

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

Completed online application, completed an automated interview via phone, completed some online assessments, Person to person interview, taken back to observe someone working, contingent job offer, more online tasks, background and urine test...

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would be an asset in working in claims?   1 Answer

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I Actually meet the guy at the airport by chance. Let hime know i was looking for a job. sent him my resume he called about a month later phone interview, f2f, then a job offer.

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience in insurance?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Easy questions, smooth overall process. Was easy to apply online, got the initial interview on the phone, went in for interview with 2 managers and then the agency owner. Got the call back for an interview within minutes of applying and then was in the office next day interviewing. Fast process!

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR calls first, then you meet the team. Team seems confused, even flustered. Unprepared. They walk out even more confused.

Hr person called late, submitted wrong resume to team on my behalf, did not properly. communicate my salary expectations. The most specificity I got was about parking. I had to do a lot of leg work myself to find out who I was interviewing.

Poor, poor experience from a boring company.

Interview Questions

• can you help us build a department?   1 Answer

Commercial Claims Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate in June 2015.

Interview

It was an approach with a link to apply to the specific position. The application process is easy and efficient. The response to my email was prompt with setting the phone interview. The phone interview was helpful because the recruiter also mutually answered my questions. The assessment was sent, taken in the privacy of own space with immediate response of passing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co worker and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Subrogation Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They respond rather quickly after the application process, emailed me to take assessment i passed, then require i do a phone interview decided to move forward with face to face interview. Was interviewed by two people one asked the questions the other wrote the answer down after that went over benefits company etc then had me do a brief computer skill test

Interview Questions

• what organizational skills have you used in previous job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

invitation for a montage interview with a recruiter, assessment, and face to face interview. Process was long. Was confident that interview went great only to find out that I wasn't selected after 2 weeks of waiting. I got a email saying that the position was filled or discontinued. I feel like a company shouldn't keep you waiting that long.