Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Claim Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Notified via email to set up a phone interview within 48 hours. Phone interview was straight forward behavioral questions and you aren't talking to a person, it's with an automated system. Same week was notified that my resume and responses would be passed on to the hiring manager. Hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview (they preferred in office, however we were unable to schedule a time). This part was very straight forward as well. The interviewers explained why they were asking the questions before actually asking, which kinda gives you an idea of what would be a desirable answer. Notified within a week that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers? How do you organize yourself? Etc.   Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Two phone interviews, followed by an in-person. The in-person interview was 2.5 hours, with a lunch at the end. The interview went really well, but I received an automated email rejection a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe an iteration you made on a recent project, and why?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

1. Phone interview. Assessment. 2. In-person interview with Manager. 3. In-person interview with Regional Manager of the Department. Recruiters will be slow be patient. The entire process will take around 20 days and even longer if there were multiple candidates.

Interview Questions

• Situational... "tell me about a time" questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Brief and not very business or professional the owner does not operate daily business professionally and he lies to his customers and said that was apart of the business

Interview Questions

• Why I did not speak Spanish   1 Answer

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Birmingham, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

I went in to a job fair that was held on a Friday.. The next Tuesday, I had an invitation to complete an assessment test. The same day I was told that I had passed the assessment test and I would be contacted for further recuitment. The nest day I was called for anther interview. I went in on Thursday, had an interview with a very nice lady whi asked about 4 questions and told me about the position. Then I had the opportunity to sit with a rep and see what the job entailed. I then met with another lady and answered about 4 more questions and was told that she would be passing my information on to the recruiters. I am still waiting to hear back. However that was only a few days ago so I still have my fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to meet a deadline that was impossible to meet. What steps did you take?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Marketing - Content Writing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Allstate and an hour later they called to set up an in-person interview. At the in-person interview I met with 3 different people within the Marketing Department. However, the first person I met with was not who they said it would be. After the interview, the manager stated it might take 2-3 months to hire someone so do not get discouraged. Less than a week later I got an email stating they would like me to come back for another round of interviewing. As I started to reply and was excited for this new opportunity, I got a phone call from a different member of the HR team at Allstate stating the woman who emailed me made a mistake and they were pursuing other candidates, not me. She apologized for the mix up (she didn't mean it) and wished me the best in my search. How does a company make that big of a mistake? Way to bring someone up only to shoot them down. Get organized and get your act together. Telling someone you are going with them only to change your mind within 5 minutes is extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What mistakes have you made before? Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

I applied for the position in mid-April and few days later I was invited to do a phone-screen interview. The phone interview took about 15 minutes where I was asked to go through my work experience. After not hearing back for a few weeks, I reached out to the recruiter to see if there was an update on the position. I was told that they were still trying to get me an in-person interview with the hiring manager. A few days after me reaching out, I received an interview request to meet with the hiring manager for the role. The interview was very conversational where she asked me to walk through my experience again and to really give me more details about what the position would entail. About a week or so later, I received another interview request to meet with the Director of the department. This interview was very conversational as well where she went into more detail about the company and the department. I also gave her an overview of my experience and answered a few questions she had. After the interview was over, the Director said she was going on vacation for a week and that hopefully after she returned, they would make the decision. About two weeks after the interview and not receiving any updates, I decided to check my online profile through their website to see if they posted any updates about the position there. It was then that I noticed that it said the position was "filled". I reached out to the recruiter to see if they had indeed moved on with another candidate and that's when she told me that the first position was filled but I was still being considered to fill the second position. About a month after that conversation, I reached out for closure and then that's when I was told that they decided not to fill the second role for budget reasons. The interviews themselves were not as bad as the whole process of driving over an hour each way to get to their office, the wait time between updates, and the lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Allstate? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Describe a time you had to had to build a marketing plan and how did it go?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied in May. Got an email for a phone interview at the end of June. Did the phone interview the same day. The next day I was told I needed to complete and assessment. Completed that the same day and passed. Within the next day or so I got called for an in person interview. Interviewed with two managers and watched a video/slideshow. Was told I would hear something within a week. This Wednesday will be two weeks and I haven't heard anything. Still holding on to hope.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Entire process took 7 weeks. Automated phone interview and an in-person interview with 2 managers. Pretty easy questions about previous instances of providing customer service, why do you want job, what can you bring to company, etc... Research interview questions that are currently being used, it's a whole new ball game out here if you haven't been on interview in awhile...I didn't hear back after interview, I gave up on it, and 5 weeks later I got position... Background check took a week

Interview Questions

• Biggest decision you ever had to make.... Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.....   Answer Question

Commercial Represented Casualty Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Irving, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

This has got to be the most mismanaged company in the industry. I went through over a half dozen interviews with Allstate, they claimed I past a test which I had never taken then call me in for a fourth interview and then pass me over.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate an injury claim?   1 Answer