Allstate

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Had a phone interview after I applied online through my University's database. Then I had an interview on their campus in Northbrook, meeting with 5-6 different people. All were very fair, behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you had to improve an existing process in order to achieve a desired outcome.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

The environments was relaxed, people were friendly. Interview was easy. I had a phone screen then an in-person interview that lasted maybe 30 minutes. I initially started off as a contractor and then was hired on after month. For most UX, design positions they typically start people off as a contractor.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. The hiring manager really just probed in my work style, time management and the different projects I had experience managing.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate, which was frustrating because my recruiter did not help at all. But I had a direct conversation with the hiring manager.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allstate.

The initial communications were through email with a company recruiter. She set up a phone interview that only lasted a total of about 15 minutes, even with her explaining the position and asking questions at the end. She told me that I would be moving on to the next step which is an online pre-employment assessment. The questions in both the online assessment and the short phone interview were very straight forward -- mostly customer service based or how you will work in a team.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about where I found the posting. Quite a few questions about my past positions, their requirements. One question about how I handled a conflict with my supervisor in the phone interview.   Answer Question

Trial Attorney Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

Initially contacted by their HR personnel and requested to provide certain info online. Allstate followed up with an email requesting interview availability and another asking to confirm interview time. Interviewed by three managers. Mostly conversational, with only a few "pressure" questions (which are asked of all candidates). Lasted just under an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Specific example of when you were on a team and how you contributed?
      A time when you have had conflict at work- how you resolved and what you may do differently?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
        Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2011.

sent in application on a friday and recieved a phone interview that next thursday. after the phone interview and suscessfuly passing that was told to fill out questionaire. filled it out that evening and was called back the following tuesday to schedule a face to face that thursday. after that interview was told would hear somthing in a few weeks. a week and a half later was asked to come in to meet office manager and was offered the position

none set salary

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

I applied and within a few hours I received two emails from a recruiter. One stating to complete an assessment that took me 45 minutes to complete, you are allotted 60 minutes. The other was to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy and quick; it took about 10 to 15 minutes. The recruiter was very friendly and seemed genuine. I am waiting to schedule a face-to-face interview with the hiring managers which should be scheduled in the next 48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions. "How did you hear about this job?" "Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer and had a positive outcome. Explain the steps you took to do so." "Tell me about a time you were not successful in satisfying a customer."   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in February 2013.

The interview took about 3 weeks and there were 2 phone screening and one on-site interview. The phone interviewers gave a great impression of the company, but the interviewers on-site were terrible. They were highly disrespectful, rude, arrogant, and clearly gave the impression, from the very beginning, that they had no interest in interviewing me, let alone offering me a job. It was a complete waste of time and energy. If they had no intention of hiring me, they should've just not asked me to come to their office.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question to predict something based on past statistics. The statistics were very limited, and even though there couldn't be a right answer (they said so themselves), they force you to give an answer - and then give you reasons for why it's wrong (there's not enough data).   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Basic Phone Interview: Questions were based on resume and qualifications.
    Online Assessment Test: Took about 45 minutes to complete. Scenario type questions to measure consistency and ways you would handle certain situations.
    Face-To-Face Interview: A lot of questions! Read off of a scripted sheet of paper with scenario questions. EX: "Describe a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer" "What motivates you in the workplace?"

Interview Questions
    • There were no out of the ordinary questions. Just your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allstate.

Someone called me to ask if I was still interested in "a marketing position I applied for." We agreed to have a phone interview. I asked if I was going to receive an email confirmation for the interview and was told "she doesn't do that." At this point, I don't even know what position specifically I'm being interviewed for since I applied for a couple of positions on their site.
    She calls and immediately goes into asking questions. No "How are you?" No "Is this a good time to talk still?" She introduced herself and said what type of questions she was going to ask.
    She proceeds to ask questions and I answer them according. She was completely silently throughout the interview unless she was asking the question. I couldn't tell if she was even listening to the point I said Hello to ensure the call was still connected.
    Then came the time for me to ask questions. I asked very common interview questions and she didn't know the answer to any of them, or just gave yes or no responses.

I asked "Is there travel required?"
    Her response: "They didn't tell me that."

I asked "What is a typical day in the position?"
    Her response: "They didn't tell me but it really depends on the project"

I asked "Is this a new position? If not, she the person who held this position previously still with the company?"
    Her response: "No its not a new position. I don't know where the other person went."

I asked "What are the next steps?"
    Her response "Ummm, I have to talk to some people but I guess the next few weeks."

Still at this point she hasn't even told me the TITLE OF THE POSITION we were discussing and there was no convenient time for me to ask without sounding unprepared.

After asking all my questions, I asked for her email address so I could send a follow-up and thank you email.

I sent the email and never heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process was difficult. Maybe my interviewer was having a bad day.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allstate in February 2012.

Received phone call a few days after submitting application. Basic phone interview with general questions about job history, interest in position, etc. Did an online assessment and then was called back to schedule a sit down interview with team manager a couple days later. Interview was basic behavioral questions, they don't deviate from this at all BTW.. Was told about the job salary and responsibilities.. HR called me the next day and offered me the position

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you provided service above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you directly faced with a difficult situation with a customer and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they tell you the terms of compensation upfront.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!