Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied in May. Got an email for a phone interview at the end of June. Did the phone interview the same day. The next day I was told I needed to complete and assessment. Completed that the same day and passed. Within the next day or so I got called for an in person interview. Interviewed with two managers and watched a video/slideshow. Was told I would hear something within a week. This Wednesday will be two weeks and I haven't heard anything. Still holding on to hope.

Claim Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Notified via email to set up a phone interview within 48 hours. Phone interview was straight forward behavioral questions and you aren't talking to a person, it's with an automated system. Same week was notified that my resume and responses would be passed on to the hiring manager. Hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview (they preferred in office, however we were unable to schedule a time). This part was very straight forward as well. The interviewers explained why they were asking the questions before actually asking, which kinda gives you an idea of what would be a desirable answer. Notified within a week that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers? How do you organize yourself? Etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

I applied for the position in mid-April and few days later I was invited to do a phone-screen interview. The phone interview took about 15 minutes where I was asked to go through my work experience. After not hearing back for a few weeks, I reached out to the recruiter to see if there was an update on the position. I was told that they were still trying to get me an in-person interview with the hiring manager. A few days after me reaching out, I received an interview request to meet with the hiring manager for the role. The interview was very conversational where she asked me to walk through my experience again and to really give me more details about what the position would entail. About a week or so later, I received another interview request to meet with the Director of the department. This interview was very conversational as well where she went into more detail about the company and the department. I also gave her an overview of my experience and answered a few questions she had. After the interview was over, the Director said she was going on vacation for a week and that hopefully after she returned, they would make the decision. About two weeks after the interview and not receiving any updates, I decided to check my online profile through their website to see if they posted any updates about the position there. It was then that I noticed that it said the position was "filled". I reached out to the recruiter to see if they had indeed moved on with another candidate and that's when she told me that the first position was filled but I was still being considered to fill the second position. About a month after that conversation, I reached out for closure and then that's when I was told that they decided not to fill the second role for budget reasons. The interviews themselves were not as bad as the whole process of driving over an hour each way to get to their office, the wait time between updates, and the lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Allstate? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Describe a time you had to had to build a marketing plan and how did it go?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Entire process took 7 weeks. Automated phone interview and an in-person interview with 2 managers. Pretty easy questions about previous instances of providing customer service, why do you want job, what can you bring to company, etc... Research interview questions that are currently being used, it's a whole new ball game out here if you haven't been on interview in awhile...I didn't hear back after interview, I gave up on it, and 5 weeks later I got position... Background check took a week

Interview Questions

• Biggest decision you ever had to make.... Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.....   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

Completed online application, completed an automated interview via phone, completed some online assessments, Person to person interview, taken back to observe someone working, contingent job offer, more online tasks, background and urine test...

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would be an asset in working in claims?   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

In hindsight, it was too easy. It started with a innocuous phone screen, followed by a secondary call from a different person then an offer came through quickly. It felt more about networking so I thought it was fortunate.

Interview Questions

• Who did you work with at "company x"?   1 Answer

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I Actually meet the guy at the airport by chance. Let hime know i was looking for a job. sent him my resume he called about a month later phone interview, f2f, then a job offer.

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience in insurance?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Easy questions, smooth overall process. Was easy to apply online, got the initial interview on the phone, went in for interview with 2 managers and then the agency owner. Got the call back for an interview within minutes of applying and then was in the office next day interviewing. Fast process!

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR calls first, then you meet the team. Team seems confused, even flustered. Unprepared. They walk out even more confused. Hr person called late, submitted wrong resume to team on my behalf, did not properly. communicate my salary expectations. The most specificity I got was about parking. I had to do a lot of leg work myself to find out who I was interviewing. Poor, poor experience from a boring company.

Interview Questions

• can you help us build a department?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later. I was asked why I was interested in the job and what type of past experience I had in sales and customer service. After discussing this I was told I would be sent an online test. This consisted of personality questions, some math and problem solving questions, and a few short answer questions. The next day day I got a call back to set up an in person interview. This interview was with the head manager. He went over my resume and asked more about past sales experience. He discussed what the job would consist of and what the company culture was like.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest challenge you faced in your past job?   Answer Question