Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Allstate
- Claims Adjuster (53)
- Customer Service Representative (27)
- Financial Analyst (23)
- Claims Service Specialist (20)
- Leadership Development Program (16)
- Business Analyst (16)
- Intern (14)
- Claims Service Adjuster (11)
- Liability Claims Adjuster (11)
- Licensed Sales Producer (11)
- Insurance Agent (10)
- Applications Developer (10)
- Actuarial Analyst (9)
- Analyst (8)
- Project Manager (7)
- Data Scientist (7)
- Claims Adjuster Trainee (7)
- Sales Representative (6)
- Claims Processor (6)
- Claims Service Representative (5)
- Accountant (5)
- Administrative Assistant (5)
- Actuarial Intern (5)
- Sales Associate (5)
- Sales (5)
- Exclusive Agent (4)
- Consultant (4)
- Senior Consultant (4)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Account Manager (4)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).
The process took about 2 months. There were 3 rounds: the first was with HR, second was a very technical interview aimed to assess your problem solving skills, and the third was at the home office with 3 different interviewers (a mix of managers and analysts). There was math test during one of the one-on-one interviews, and a business case you had to reason through. It was a very rigorous interviewing process.
- Asked what I would recommend to the CEO of an insurance company given some information about a few products. Answer Question
- No Offer
I applied online through their website and had a phone interview a few days later. The interview was basic and just asked regular questions. It asked about computer skills and talked a lot about exams and what I was planning on taking next.
- It asked about a team project I performed and if there were any difficulties during the project and how I was able to overcome it. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
There are three rounds of interviews in total. The first interview is with HR to discuss your general information in the resume. The second round is very technical and I consider it very hard. If you passed the second round, you will invite to the final round in their home office.
- Very Technical in the second round phone interview Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in April 2013.
First there was a phone screener. Then there was a day-long onsite interview in which I had three one and one interviews, lasting about 30-45 minutes each, and an informal lunch conversation with an employee. Interviews consisted of standard behavioural questions, and a few case studies.
- They asked about specifics of my involvement with a theatre group after seeing it listed on my resume. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.
Applied online through school career site and interviewed on campus. I met them a couple times at company presentations. Everyone seemed very smart and like they enjoyed working there. I met with one person to go over my resume and then met with a couple other people in a separate room, where they asked me a few quantitative questions.
- Estimate the tuition for your college in 25 years. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in January 2013.
I submitted an online application in late October, and heard back from Allstate in early December. There was first a phone interview in December, after which some candidates were eliminated. There was then an on-site interview in January, where I had interviews with two Fellows. The questions in both the phone and on-site intervews were primarily quantitative and analytical, focusing on crititcal thinking skills. I heard back 2 weeks later, upon which I received an offer.
- Chicago is looking to host the 2024 Olympics. Mayor Emmanuel wants to know if it would be economically a good idea to do so. What kind of factors would you take into consideration when making your recommendation? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in November 2011.
1. Interviewed with two different actuaries on campus, both interviews were about 30 mins 2. Interviewed with 3 actuaries at the home office and had lunch with the other candidates and 2 different actuaries - The home office interview was comprised of typical behavioral questions and also some brain teaser word problems - The interviews were 45 mins long including the brain teaser portion.
- Brain teaser questions such as: You are given three baskets of fruit labeled apples, oranges, and one with both. All of the labels are wrong. You are to pick one fruit from one of the baskets and then label them correctly. 3 Answers
- General behavioral questions such as: Name a time you made an incorrect decision, what was the result and how did you deal with it? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in October 2011.
There were logic questions and behavioral questions. Logic: you have a 5 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon bucket. How can you measure out 4 gallons
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in November 2010.
I was asked very creative questions in on-site interviews. very nice recruiters. relaxed environment.
- give me an example that you apply your knowledge to real life. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in November 2010.
They came to my school to recruit. The first interview consisted of behavior questions by two people in a room then halfway through the interview I switched rooms and interviewed with two different employees. It was a 45 minute interview. Second interview was at the home office and I was one of about 10 people. It started at 8am and it began with a presentation. Then I had 3 one hour 1:1 interviews. It was followed by a group lunch.
- If you have three baskets one with apples, one with oranges, and one with both. If all of the baskets are incorrectly labeled, and you can pick one piece of fruit out of one of the baskets, how can you correctly label all of the baskets? 2 Answers
- You have two empty jars, 50 black marbles and 50 white marbles. If you can place any of the marbles in both jars, how can you maximize the probability of drawing a white marble? 2 Answers
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review