Allstate

Average Difficulty
407 candidate interviews

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Claims Service Adjuster

The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter and was asked standard fair structured interview behavioral questions regarding previous customer service interactions. I was then told to go take a test online, and they let me know that I passed immediately. I was scheduled for an in-person interview three weeks later. I took that time to prepare like crazy.

Glassdoor is an excellent resource to use when attempting the grueling Allstate interview process; it is indeed necessary to absorb all of the interview material here to help with the hiring process for candidates. The interview was a good cop/bad cop, stress interview. The first interview was pleasant, and I got along with the interviewer very well. The second interview had the interviewer acting like a demanding customer who was kind of slow to understand what I was saying, and he would at times put words in my mouth, which I had to correct. I could not take notes concerning his questions during the interview, and they were pretty involved.

It was the toughest interview of my professional life, and when I was escorted back to the entrance of the office, I thought that there was no way I was going to get a job offer, yet lo and behold, two weeks later I was offered the position. I happily accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a way that a project or program you made benefited or changed the way your work center did business.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a special project that you have worked on and what were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I was happy with the salary.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed internally for an actuarial analyst position. HR was a positive, professional experience. Actuaries with whom I interviewed with were successful actuaries with normal-people personality skills. Nothing but professionalism in the interview on both sides. Easy to build rapport with analysts. Preparation was intense, and there were five interviewers (including during lunch with two prospective peers). A very rigorous experience. I would recommend people who can get into Pricing to work there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you uncovered an aberration or anomaly in data.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Allstate in May 2010.

Interview Details – First I had an on-campus interview at my university with two individuals.

Months later the one-day interview involved:

Breakfast with an individual
A half hour "introduction" with another individual - basically a short interview
Giving a 10-minute presentation to 5-6 people, with questions afterward
2 1-hour interviews with 2 different people
1-hour lunch with two people
1 last 1-hour interview with one more person

Interview Questions

• If you have 8 ball, all of equal weight except for 1 that is lighter, how can you figure out which one is the lightest? You can only do two weighings on a balance scale.   View Answer
  • Describe a time you encountered a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

IT Graduate Position Interview

IT Graduate Position
Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Interview process was quite lengthy and did take a relative amount if time. First of all it was though submitting a CV took quite a while for a response but then an interview was arranged this was both scenario based and technical questions (they will grill you a bit technically wise) then received an email due to such a high volume of candidates and was invited to fill out an additional application.

Interview Question – Questions such as how have you dealt under pressure, did u face any difficulties when it came to doing Uni work is there any mark u gained u weren't satisfied with the difference between a class and an object what different types of testing are there   Answer Question

Inside Total Loss Trainee Interview

Inside Total Loss Trainee
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2013.

Interview Details – It takes a LONG time beginning to end. First you are dealing with a recruiter out of your area generally and then eventually you have an interview where the job is actually located. It took over 2 weeks to get a response regarding the results and it was all done online. There was no real option to follow up with those you interviewed with. The most troubling aspect of the process for me was the actual job they were hiring for, did NOT match the job description that was advertised and discussed with the recruiter. I didn't know this until I had the face to face interview and the hiring manager started off by saying, "... you will be in front of the computer and on the phone all day long..." The job description posted on Indeed.com said quite the opposite. I was not qualified, nor interested, in the actual position they were looking for! The process wasted a great deal of my time.

Interview Question – Describe the steps that you took, in detail, to make an unpopular change in your workplace.   Answer Question

QR&A Interview

QR&A

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in April 2014.

Interview Details – I completed three interviews for my internship, which seemed a bit intense for a rising sophomore in college. The first was with my recruiter, the next was a phone interview with three members of the team that I am on (including my manager and his boss). The third was an in office interview with various members of the team composed of a presentation, behavioral interview and case simulation.

Interview Question – The behavioral interview was standard; however, it was the most difficult to complete.   Answer Question

Vmware Systems Engineer Interview

Vmware Systems Engineer
Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Allstate in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter and was asked several questions about my current job and work experience as a VMadmin. Received an email the next day to schedule an interview.
 Interview was a conference call with 2 IT managers. After introductions the fun started.
Just a random series of technical questions.
 Here are a few off top of my head
-Explain DNS and WINS
-Explain directory services
-What is DRS? HA? Fault Tolerance?
-How many different types of port groups are there?
-Tell me all the files that make up a virtual machine? (this is not a VCP ? thank God)
-What command is used to troubleshoot connectivity issues between locations?

I had no idea the interview would just be question after question, I was expecting a normal job interview. I think I was caught off guard a bit and fumbled through some definitions.

When I go to work, I work, I dont try to remember the exact definitions of the technologies I work with. I think Allstate is looking for someone who is more book smart vs real world.

And when looking at the job description I really started to think how bad their starting salary for this position was. Low end of 50k a year?? Yet they want VMware, Citrix and Cisco for that price??
  Not like Northbrook is a cheap area to live in. I think this position should be in the 80's at a minimum. I don't know any VMware Engineer's making 50k, help desk yes, VMware NO.
 Just my opinion ofcourse. Even if the do find someone desperate for this income who has all the experience they will be long gone as soon as a fair market value offer comes their way.

Needless to say I received an FU email the next day telling me they are not interested.
That I do give them kudos for, I hate the waiting game.

Interview Question – Explain directory services, and your experience working with it.   View Answer

Actuarial Internship Interview

Actuarial Internship
Northbrook, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in November 2010.

Interview Details – They came to my school to recruit. The first interview consisted of behavior questions by two people in a room then halfway through the interview I switched rooms and interviewed with two different employees. It was a 45 minute interview.

Second interview was at the home office and I was one of about 10 people. It started at 8am and it began with a presentation. Then I had 3 one hour 1:1 interviews. It was followed by a group lunch.

Interview Questions

• If you have three baskets one with apples, one with oranges, and one with both. If all of the baskets are incorrectly labeled, and you can pick one piece of fruit out of one of the baskets, how can you correctly label all of the baskets?   View Answers (2)
  • You have two empty jars, 50 black marbles and 50 white marbles. If you can place any of the marbles in both jars, how can you maximize the probability of drawing a white marble?   View Answer

Actuary Intern Interview

Actuary Intern
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very basic: why are you qualified, are you willing to relocate, etc. But then they ask a problem solving question which you must answer and say everything you think aloud.

Interview Question – Please explain the actuary qualifications and how you are capable of filling them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not interested in being an actuary

Customer Report Administrative Interview

Customer Report Administrative
Hudson, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in March 2008.

Interview Details – Now when I originally interviewed with this company I had a phone interview then I came in for all kinds of tests, if they decide you are a fit, they will have you take a drug test. Then within a few days they will make an offer as to pay and such. The office life was a call center, training was for 6 weeks filled with lots of tests along the way. The job itself had great health and vacation benefits but with almost any office job you will have the normal office politics. You know, the supervisors that liked to play favorites and such. I worked there for 2 years before being laid off with 300 other employees. Too bad, miss the money but not the company.

Interview Question – How well do you manage yourself in a high pace, high stress environment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really much of one, I was only 19 or 20 at the time, they offered me 12.80 a/h and I accepted!

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!