Allstate

423 interviews

2.8

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Allstate in May 2010.

First I had an on-campus interview at my university with two individuals.

Months later the one-day interview involved:

Breakfast with an individual
    A half hour "introduction" with another individual - basically a short interview
    Giving a 10-minute presentation to 5-6 people, with questions afterward
    2 1-hour interviews with 2 different people
    1-hour lunch with two people
    1 last 1-hour interview with one more person

Interview Questions
    • If you have 8 ball, all of equal weight except for 1 that is lighter, how can you figure out which one is the lightest? You can only do two weighings on a balance scale.   View Answer
    • Describe a time you encountered a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in February 2009.

Interviewed internally for an actuarial analyst position. HR was a positive, professional experience. Actuaries with whom I interviewed with were successful actuaries with normal-people personality skills. Nothing but professionalism in the interview on both sides. Easy to build rapport with analysts. Preparation was intense, and there were five interviewers (including during lunch with two prospective peers). A very rigorous experience. I would recommend people who can get into Pricing to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you uncovered an aberration or anomaly in data.   Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

I was contacted by the recruiter and was asked standard fair structured interview behavioral questions regarding previous customer service interactions. I was then told to go take a test online, and they let me know that I passed immediately. I was scheduled for an in-person interview three weeks later. I took that time to prepare like crazy.

Glassdoor is an excellent resource to use when attempting the grueling Allstate interview process; it is indeed necessary to absorb all of the interview material here to help with the hiring process for candidates. The interview was a good cop/bad cop, stress interview. The first interview was pleasant, and I got along with the interviewer very well. The second interview had the interviewer acting like a demanding customer who was kind of slow to understand what I was saying, and he would at times put words in my mouth, which I had to correct. I could not take notes concerning his questions during the interview, and they were pretty involved.

It was the toughest interview of my professional life, and when I was escorted back to the entrance of the office, I thought that there was no way I was going to get a job offer, yet lo and behold, two weeks later I was offered the position. I happily accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a way that a project or program you made benefited or changed the way your work center did business.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a special project that you have worked on and what were the results?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I was happy with the salary.

IT Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview process was quite lengthy and did take a relative amount if time. First of all it was though submitting a CV took quite a while for a response but then an interview was arranged this was both scenario based and technical questions (they will grill you a bit technically wise) then received an email due to such a high volume of candidates and was invited to fill out an additional application.

Interview Questions
    • Questions such as how have you dealt under pressure, did u face any difficulties when it came to doing Uni work is there any mark u gained u weren't satisfied with the difference between a class and an object what different types of testing are there   Answer Question

Inside Total Loss Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2013.

It takes a LONG time beginning to end. First you are dealing with a recruiter out of your area generally and then eventually you have an interview where the job is actually located. It took over 2 weeks to get a response regarding the results and it was all done online. There was no real option to follow up with those you interviewed with. The most troubling aspect of the process for me was the actual job they were hiring for, did NOT match the job description that was advertised and discussed with the recruiter. I didn't know this until I had the face to face interview and the hiring manager started off by saying, "... you will be in front of the computer and on the phone all day long..." The job description posted on Indeed.com said quite the opposite. I was not qualified, nor interested, in the actual position they were looking for! The process wasted a great deal of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the steps that you took, in detail, to make an unpopular change in your workplace.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in July 2013.

3 interviews + a test

Interview Questions
    • Eventhough the test is theoretically about proposing compensation packages alternative to merit increase, the intimidating part is the expectation that with 20 minutes preparation time, you should be able to present your suggestions to a panel of 5 strangers.   View Answer

Claims Trainee Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in December 2009.

I had several behavioral interview questions asked by two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with that situation.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Allstate in January 2013.

I submitted an online application in late October, and heard back from Allstate in early December. There was first a phone interview in December, after which some candidates were eliminated. There was then an on-site interview in January, where I had interviews with two Fellows. The questions in both the phone and on-site intervews were primarily quantitative and analytical, focusing on crititcal thinking skills. I heard back 2 weeks later, upon which I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Chicago is looking to host the 2024 Olympics. Mayor Emmanuel wants to know if it would be economically a good idea to do so. What kind of factors would you take into consideration when making your recommendation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate in February 2013.

I found the internship on LinkedIn and found that the opportunity was available to college students so I applied out of curiosity. After an extensive phone interview and Skype interview, I found the company to be very intriguing and welcoming to my perspective and work ethic--and was thrilled to receive an internship offer!

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate.

Excellent process. Structured, numerous rounds with various stakeholders ensuring buy-in across all quarters

Interview Questions
    • How am I uniquely positioned for the role   View Answer
    Be clear with expectations and flexible. Think about the overall package including benefits and the company stature and history.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!