Allstate

2.7

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Allstate in August 2012.

I was first e-mailed to set up phone interview, after that online assessment, then face to face interview. I was interviewed by team leader and then her manager. Team leader asked me these situational questions for an hour. Her manager was brief, about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions in face to face were difficult. They were all situational. Don't know what they were looking for.   Answer Question

NOC Network Engineer Interview

Funny that for a Network Engineer position, the recruiter never once asked me any relevant questions regarding actual Network skills or experience. Just about every question was about working in primarily a Windows or Unix environment and what experience I had with those. Sorry, but when you post a job asking for skills such as LAN switching, WAN routers, routing protocols, QoS and Spanning Tree, I dont see how asking for my skill level with Windows Server or LINUX is more important that asking about skill levels with IOS or Nexus Platforms.

Interview Questions
    • Continually asking about server OS experience. If you want a Server Admin, post the job properly.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Went through campus recruiting, received a phone interview and site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge that you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Applied online and received an email scheduling a phone interview. Spoke with a recruiter and the interview consisted of basically behavioral questions. The interview lasted less than an hour. I was not fully prepared for some of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation in which you had to persuade someone; how did you go about doing this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate.

First initial interview with owners. Second interview with employees.

Talent Acquisition Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Behavioral Interview, be prepared to talk about prior situations you've been in and how you've resolved them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unhappy manager?   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate but offer very fair salaries

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Allstate.

Allstate recruits heavily at some colleges for their leadership development program. First step is a short interview using BDA style. You should have several examples of real-world experience that you can apply to a number of different questions fresh in your head before heading into the interview. They are looking for people with lots of recent work/internship experience, so don't bother applying if you have neither.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a group you were a part of was not functioning properly - how did you respond?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

I met them at the career fair on at university. Handed them my resume and talked to the recruiter the next day for a 30 minute on campus interview. Was then invited to onsite interview that lasted the whole day.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate.

One interview. Simple and easy. Computer skills test, group format. Nothing that a teenager could not do or comprehend.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase was a non factor. They give you a number. You like it and accept it or you move on to your next option.

Personal Financial Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Recruit life insurance sale persons from other life insurance companies.