Allstate

Getting the Interview

366 candidate interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Allstate

Interview Details – I had one interview with the recruiter of Allstate. I felt good after interview but there are not update from him.

Interview Question – ask about what tools your used in previous experiences.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Excellent,,,no problems,,,very freiendly

Interview Question – none of the questin were difficult.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Interview was at a local level with claims manager and one other person. Most of the questions were from a list of standard questions provided by corporate. One of the interviewers was essentially taking transacription of every word I said and there was no back-and-forth conversation. He asked questions and I provided answers.

Interview Question – There was no one particular question as they were all essentially variations on the theme "tell us about a challenging situation at work and how you handled it".   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – There are multiple rounds of interviews. First you will get an email saying you've been accepted for a screening call. Where they ask you multiple questions about your personality, trying to find some about your personality. They ask you about a challenge you've had at a work place, and how you over came it, and what the result was, and what your learned. If you don't pass the screening phone call, they tell you then. If you do, you get an email telling you to take a "personality assessment. If you pass, you get an interview with your local office, then they call you about the next step.

Interview Question – Describe a time, event, or situation with a customer that was very stressful, and how you overcame it and made it better.   Answer Question

Claims Senior Service Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Was required to take a quiz before an interview would be granted which involved choosing your response from a multiple choice list to many different customer service and work culture scenarios. Many of the responses are limiting and follow a pattern. Choice A: hostile response. Choice B: Passive response Choice C: Compromised response Choice D: Combination passive compromise.

Interview Question – What would you do if your co-worker, Terry, was taking to someone from another department and that person was complaining about the work that your department is supposed to do?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent

Interviewed at Allstate

Interview Details – Dropped off my resume to local agent and knew people who worked there.

Interview Question – There wasn't any questions I thought were hard but the main questions were based on how you felt about joining a team that the main focus is sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Administrative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – I had two in person interviews with Allstate but was not offered the position. I found the whole interviewing process to be unprofessional and disorganized and believe Allstate's HR to be a poor representation of the company. I had to speak with 3 different people to schedule 1 interview which was not only time consuming for me, but seemed like a duplication of resources on Allstate's part. Of the 3 people I spoke with, 2 were talent acquisition employees and 1 was an actual recruiter. The recruiter had a slight attitude but was the only one of the 3 that had any clue what was going on. After interviewing the first time I was told I'd be contacted within a week and never heard anything. Two weeks later I got a call telling me they were following up on my conversation with the recruiter (who I had never spoken to) and wanted to schedule my second interview. Since I never was told I was being asked for a second interview I thought there could have been a mistake. Turns out that these talent acquisition folks don't seem to communicate much with the actual recruiter and they looked like fools. I was actually being asked to come back again but only because the hiring manager suddenly changed, which I understand but to me this is something you figure out before posting the position. I had a few questions and was told only the recruiter could talk to me about the job and the talent acquisition people could tell me nothing. So there was definitely too much unnecessary back and forth.

When I went to the second interview the new hiring manager was completely different than the first and had a completely different outlook on the position. It seemed that the whole job description was different and the role was substantially different than originally described. I walked out of there feeling I was overqualified for the position and felt I had been lead on throughout the process and completely wasted my time. There were stark differences between the first and second hiring managers and the job description itself and I felt the whole process was incredibly disorganized. After taking time off work twice to come to two different interviews they did not even give me the courtesy of a phone call to inform me I did not get the job. I simply got a form rejection email which I feel after two interviews is impolite and left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – First touch was a campus career fair. After meeting and speaking with interviewer was selected for an on campus interview. On campus interview was mostly to learn more about self. take me through resume, why allstate, etc. There was nothing too challenging about this first interview and felt i connected with the interviewer pretty well but was not selected to continue. Next round would have been at headquarters.

Interview Question – Tell me directly how your coursework will prepare you for this role   Answer Question

IT Position Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – HR contacted me on a position I had applied to that read like it would be a great fit. They wanted to have an introductory phone call. I replied with several time slots and heard nothing. I followed up again asking if they still wanted to meet. They replied back with a time that was not a time I could make.

I moved around my schedule to make it work. But the time came and went and Allstate never showed up. I left a message for the interviewer and never heard back.

Totally unprofessional for such a large company. I no longer have any interest in working here since they clearly don't respect the time of people who are wanting to work there. If it was the candidate who was flaky and a no show, they'd be removed from consideration without a second thought. It's time to hold the employer to the same standard.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

Interviewed at Allstate

Interview Details – Paper, in person interview, background check and finger printing along with drug testing required to be hired for this company

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate interview questions and advice. All 366 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees and interview candidates.