Allstate

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

Went through three interviews via: phone, one with recruiting officers and one with hiring manager. The process took about one month from the initial interview to the last one with the hiring manager.

Intern Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate.

Starts out with a pre-screen phone call to get to know you more and go over a resume. Then there are a series of phone interviews, basic questions asking you to describe situations. Interviewers very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why I chose All-State if it is in the suburbs and sells insurance?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Very professional, I got a call and was asked for a date to do the interview. of course there were questions about computer usage and my ability to communicate with prospects. I got a tour and a chance to speak. I did so well and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what I wanted as my pay.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in March 2012.

The job interview process was very welcoming. I was asked mostly easy questions and we went over my prior working experience. After the interview, I received a follow up phone call and email. While I did receive the job, I declined to take it for personal reasons.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain to someone that their claim was fradulent?   Answer Question

Network Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Allstate.

The interview process with Allstate begins right away at their headquarters where you and dozens of others applying for various other positions will spend a few hours listening to company management, watching promotional videos and touring their HQ. During the lunch period (good-not-great pizza and salad) which lasts a couple of hours, you will be scheduled for a behavioral interview, which won't contain anything out of the ordinary, and a technical interview specific for your position. I, along with a few others for the position, was not scheduled for a technical interview so I relaxed a bit. However, one of the women organizing the day forced me into a room for an unexpected technical interview. Being blindsided did not go well for me.

Also, you will meet neither the guy from 24 nor "Mayhem" from their recent ad campaign, so don't get excited.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary that you won't be prepared for.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

started with a call from a recruiter. short phone interview in which they ask a difficult situation youve dealt with. that led to a personality assessment, which when i passed i was eventually asked to come in for an in person interview. the two managers i interviewed seemed to be really good people. they allowed me to ask any and all questions or concerns i had with the position, and what i liked most was that it was more of a conversation instead of just asking written down questions that werent all that relevant. it was a good interview experience regardless of whether i received an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • there were no unexpected questions. maybe one asking how you would react in a certain situation   Answer Question
    there wasnt any type of negotiation. its entry level, so salary is what it is.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Phone interview plus meeting with 3-4 managers, two days of in person interviews ranging in difficulty. Some of the people will be testing to determine if your a good fit for the team and it will be more of a conversation. Your appearance will definitely be a factor, dress business professional.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected to answer generic behavior questions required by the company. Bring examples of how you have challenged, how you have failed, and best and worst qualities   Answer Question
    Some salary negotiation

Senior Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The interview started with "From which part of India you are from ?- Read it as are you from AP or KA. I got a feel that regionalism has an upper hand in the process. The interviewer seemed to be less number of years of experience than me and was more interested on what were absent in my resume. None of them were mentioned in the job description. I have worked in the later version of some of them and that have not satisfied the interviewer. The interviewer was under the opinion that with out that particular skill, the sky will fell down on my shoulders if I start working there. Later I learned from an insider that there exist no policies and procedures and tug of war is going on for 'leadership' positions. So people with good exposure and know how about the industry are considered to be threats to their 'leadership'

Claims Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

I applied online and heard back within a few days. Then I was asked to fill out a survey/personality test. Next I had a phone interview. Then a week or so went by and had an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific situation in which you had to obtain lots of details and information to complete a task.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

I applied online and it took about a month to hear back from anyone. The first step was a phone interview with a recruiter. The guy honestly sounded bored asking the questions, which were the general situational interview questions. The next step was to fill out a questionnaire online which was pretty easy. Just go for the obvious answer and you'll be fine. The face to face interview was kind of stressful since you will probably be interviewing with three to five people. Expect the same situational questions as the phone recruiter would ask. I went to sit with a claims adjuster to listen to calls which is when I realized that this job wasn't for me. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you received positive feedback from a customer.   Answer Question

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!