Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2015

2.7

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone screener. Then there was a day-long onsite interview in which I had three one and one interviews, lasting about 30-45 minutes each, and an informal lunch conversation with an employee. Interviews consisted of standard behavioural questions, and a few case studies.

Interview Questions

• They asked about specifics of my involvement with a theatre group after seeing it listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

There was an email sent to do an interview via online. Which, I accepted and then I was asked to do an online assessment. They sent an email to confirm the time, and then the call was scheduled, and while answering the questions, the automated voice would give me time to regroup. After which the answers were examined and then they were able to get back with me regarding the process.

Interview Questions

• You are busy working on a task when a customer calls to ask a question. You notice that John, a co-worker who has much more experience than you, is not very busy. You decide to:   1 Answer

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First the manager called me, and we talked about my experiences. Then she invited me in for an in-person interview. I met with each person on the team one on one and we had a brainstorm session so they could see my creative process. They were very chill and easy to talk to. Basically just talked about my background and why I wanted to do user research when I was a mechanical engineer.

Interview Questions

• How would I re-design an office space for remote collaboration?   1 Answer

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Allstate (New Haven, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

called in after seeing an online craigslist ad standard in office interview to talk about myself and explain the position reviewed the duties of a sales producer and the licensing process cannot do actual sales until you have property and casualty license got call back in a week and got the job pretty simple and straightforward

Interview Questions

• what do you want to get out of the position? what experiences do you have in sales?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college then I was notified I had been invited to an interview a week or so later. I interviewed with two people, both had been in the leadership development program. They had a packet with questions in it to ask during the interview and would write down your answers/notes. It was a pretty standard interview. They asked situational interview questions "Tell me a time when...?". It seemed like they were looking for not just what you did but what lasting impact it had.

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Uniondale, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Quick interview. Review of past work experience and what your day to day work involved. Approx. 3 questions.Questions about how you work through difficult situations, handle angry customers, high work pace, etc. Have to give examples of each scenario

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to deal with an unruly customer and how did you work through it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

My interview was very easy. It actually felt like more of a conversation than anything. If you have experience in the the position you are applying for you'll more than likely get the job. As i stated before, the agencies are franchised, so no experience will be identical.

Interview Questions

• How do you separate your personal life from your work?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

They came to my university engineering career fair. I dropped off my resume and and chatted somebody up, didn't apply for a particular position. Got a call to come to their campus for an interview day and interview for Technical Business Analyst. Behavioral and "Technical" interview. Behavioral was super straightforward: tell us about a time you worked on a team. Tell us about a time that your team got stuck and how you guided them past that. There's not much technical to ask for a Business Analyst. The question below was the hardest one from the the technical.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between strategic and tactical?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Relaxed environment, questions were intense. You must know your content area and be able to demonstrate how you may know the material. Remember to have a copy of your resume. Be able to discuss anything you wrote. If you are not a CPA, express your plans in becoming one.

Interview Questions

• Describe more about a previous experience working in a team?   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Livonia, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. No drug test. No extensive background ground check. That should of been a red flag. Be prepared to see everyone interviewed hired. Period. They have no type if you have a license. You are hired! Seriously. Very unprofessional wanted to know about drug useage. I guess this is a new question for the younger crowd.