Allstate

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.7

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

Recruiter called and emailed me looking to set up an in person interview. I responded and within a week I was interviewing at the headquarters in Northbrook. Interview was around an hour long and consisted mainly of behavioral questions, which were not that hard to answer. Interview seemed to go fairly well and was told I would hear back in 2 weeks at the latest. Three weeks later I sent the hiring manager and follow up to see if there was any update to which I received a reply from the recruiter saying I was still under consideration and applologizing for the delay. After that I heard nothing for about three more weeks until I received a generic you are no longer under consideration email. Not sure what took so long for them to just tell me that.

Interview Questions
    • Some discussion on background mainly just behavioral ones.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

The hiring process what quick and to the point. I applied online and got a call from the recruiter. I went to the interview where they gave me a quick one in one and then went to take an assessment on the computer in a quiet room. After passing the assessment, I had another interview with an interviewer, then they had me wait. Another woman came and got me from the waiting room where they asked me questions about my eligibility to work in the US. I was then offered the position. My interviewers were friendly and informative.

Interview Questions
    • Give a detailed explanation of a time a customer was being difficult   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, was offered and accepted

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Allstate.

It depends on the position you are being hired.For me it was like 2 rounds of technical interview one from offshore team and one from onshore team. One managerial round and last HR round. You can well negotiate with HR during the interview about salary. Process will take around 3-4 weeks of time till offer is released.

Interview Questions
    You can negotiate well with HR. They will be flexible.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in January 2015.

Absolutely waste of time. Invited to a 4-hour interview. Did not even meet the hiring manager, and I took a day off! Absolutely disappointing process. Disjointed communications between recruiter and hiring team.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, interview was average. Process is very disorganized and showed a lack of professionalism and courtesy towards applicants.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

phone interview, could have been easier, not bad, overall good experience, call and talk to an interviewer, and then was called for a face to face interview, i started the next week, iam vietnamese so that help

not bad, a little easier than i would have thought, good experience

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

My 1st interview was with the agency owner and then a few others came in to join like a group interview. It seemed to be mostly a bonding exercise to see if my personality meshed with others in the office.

Interview Questions
    • What is my plan B for my children if they are sick and I have to work.   Answer Question

I had already accepted and was satisfied with my decision. I didn't care to pursue any other opportunities.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in December 2012.

I interviewed on campus by stopping by the career fair. Allstate had a booth set up with a few individuals who were currently in the Leadership Development Program (LDP). I asked one of the individuals if they had any opportunities for BBA students and they informed be about the LDP program.

Within 5 minutes they asked if they could sign me up for an interview the following morning and penciled me into their calendar.

The next morning I interviewed with 2 Allstate employees (1 LDP and 1 non-LDP). The interview lasted ~45 minutes and consisted of 3-5 behavioral interview questions ("tell me about a time when..."). At the end of the interview I was asked if I was available in 30 minutes for an additional interview.

30 minutes later I returned to another interviewing room (on campus) and interviewed with a very nice middle-aged man. That interview lasted 5-10 minutes and ended up being the final screening for me to get an offer.

The gentleman obviously approved of me and I was offered the position 2 days later.

I had 2 weeks to decide to accept or reject the offer. Every LDP starts at $55,000 (except the TLDP's) so there is no negotiation possible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with differing opinions to get your point across.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Every LDP starts at $55,000. TLDP's (Technology LDP) start closer to $60,000 but I'm not positive on that number.

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Recruiter called within a week, asked 3 behavioral questions, pretty basic. A week later got a call back from recruite to schedule an in person interview with hiring manager, round table style, behavioral based interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a specific example of when you had to deal with a challenging customer or co worker   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Very difficult process. Had to constantly call the recruiter to see if things were progressing. The recruiter would ask me to call her every week because she was going to forget to follow up if I didn't remind her. Very unprofessional. I asked clarifying questions regarding benefits and never got answers from her.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers did a lot of the talking. I wasn't asked very many questions.   Answer Question
    It moved quickly unlike the rest of the process.

Subrogation Inside Auto Adjuster (Arbitration) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

The interview process was very positive & informative. It was also very timely. Although I wasn't extended a job offer, the interview process made me feel more confident moving forward about the interview experience I've gained & I would definitely apply again.