Allstate

407 candidate interviews

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Claims Adjuster Trainee
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on online, approximately 2 weeks later I was emailed a request to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was basic questions about my interest in the position.

About a week after the phone interview I was sent a link to take a basic online personality assessment.

Two weeks later I had an in-person interview at a corporate location. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of two parts. First there are basic questions. Very similar to the phone interview. The second part is situational questions and other questions using the STAR method.

After the initial interview I was taken to shadow an employee for about 20 minutes. Then, I sat down with the office manager who asked basic questions about my past and interest in the job.

About a week later I was called with a contingent offer of employment.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you recognized a potential problem and brought it to managements attention before it became a problem.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted an offer with another employer.

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

Insurance Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Company looks very highly on referrals from current employees. First interview is just to get to know the manager and if they like you, they will have you do an online personality test to see how you would fit in. You will then have an interview with HR, typically an hour where they ask questions based on your relevant work experience(ie tell me about a time when you...). If you pass, a third interview is typically done again by the hiring manager and a job is offered. People are very good to work with , good atmosphere.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, but be careful with online personality test as it has a lot of weight in the deciding process and if you score low you will not have an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have base salaries so typically there will not be much negotiation. They do pay full salary for your training/studying and will pay for your test.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

Interview Details – Was called by HR rep via phone. Passed the phone interview. They then sent me a personality test that I also passed (they send you an e-mail right after you pass it letting you know if you indeed did). Next step is the face to face which is very east also.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Initial HR phone screening, then face to face interview with HR, then 1-on-1 interview with department hiring manager and a follow up interview with the director next week.
Decision rendered within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Relaxed interviews, questions about work ethics and work methods, handling difficult situations, career aspirations etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for salary negotiation but was able to get additional vacation time

Intern Interview

Intern
Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allstate in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was with an officer in my area, through him the position became available and I was given a link to apply online by a recruiter. I emailed several times with her before conducting a phone-screen interview. I made clear my interview requirements, which needed to be after the school semester was over, and Allstate was more than accommodating. On my interview day I was taken to my area by the intern lead where I interviewed with 5 senior-level directors in my department to determine which team would provide the best mutual fit.

Interview Question – My interviews served less of a case study and more of "tell me about yourself" conversations to determine best fit. The most difficult part was thinking on the spot to tie my experiences into the different teams whose responsibilities were unknown to me prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as this was the position I was seeking

AskHR Interview

AskHR
Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Interview Details – I saw an opening online for a entry-level HR position at Allstate and applied. A few days later I got a call to schedule a phone screen and it was pretty straight forward. She asked questions about my resume and then we scheduled an interview for me to come in and meet the team. I loved the place. The interview went great and I had a lot of great questions but at the very end they said "we actually don't have anything open right now but we MIGHT call you in three weeks." I was confused because they had a job opening up online. 3 weeks goes by and I don't hear anything so I emailed all three people that I spoke with for interviews and not a single one responded to me. RUDE!

Interview Question – A lot of customer service related questions   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program
Northbrook, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Allstate in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got an email the day after submitting my application online with an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview took place about a week later. It consisted mostly of me talking about my leadership and work experiences during college. The interviewer praised my leadership abilities and experiences, only for me to receive an email the day after saying I was no longer being considered for the program.

Interview Question – Questions mainly about leadership experiences during college   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Lincoln, NE

I applied online - interviewed at Allstate in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online. I got an email back from the Talent Coordinator of Allstate looking to have me come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview and they gave me a location. I interviewed with the manager who hired me and one of my soon to be cooworkers. The asked me about everything on my resume, they were trying to get a feel for who I was, what I do, how I do it and so forth. We chatted for about an hour. There was a scripted part of the interview, casual conversation about things on my resume, and a time for me to ask them questions. After I had ran out of questions, I thanked them, and went home. A few days later I got a call back from Allstate and they had offered me a position.

Interview Question – The hardest part of the interview was answering some object oriented programming questions. At the time, I had blanked on the definition of polymorphism and the differences between an abstract class and an interface. I should have brushed up more on my programming knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered, I accepted their terms. No negotiations for an intern position. None that I remember at least.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got connected with Allstate through and career fair at my University - through this fair it was very easy to submit my resume. They did a mini interview there on the spot. I got called back to an 'interview day' or something like that. There was two interviews, a behavioral and a technical. Both were a half hour long. Behavioral, they asked only 2 questions, so we had to be able to talk for 15 min on each question. They were too hard, descibing group experiances and mistakes we made, along those lines. For the Technical I believe they asked me 10-20 questions. I applied for Application Developer, most questions were fairly easy, describe scope, descibe object-oriented programming, descibe 'static'....if you are a computer science major and grasp what is goin on in your classes, it should be easy....They also have drug and background screenings (screenings are after the position is accepted).

Interview Question – They asked my questions on SQL, at the time I had not yet taken a Databse course so I was clueless on SQL....I told them I was enrolled in a database course and was taking it next semester, they were understanding.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate, they offered a lot of money for an intership.

QR&A Interview

QR&A

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in April 2014.

Interview Details – I completed three interviews for my internship, which seemed a bit intense for a rising sophomore in college. The first was with my recruiter, the next was a phone interview with three members of the team that I am on (including my manager and his boss). The third was an in office interview with various members of the team composed of a presentation, behavioral interview and case simulation.

Interview Question – The behavioral interview was standard; however, it was the most difficult to complete.   Answer Question

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!