Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Interview

Take an aptitude test, go through a phone interview with an HR representative, schedule an in person meeting with management and possibly a follow up phone or in person interview, they call you to offer you the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much opportunity for negotiation, they have set salaries and call you to accept the job or not.

Customer Service Associate (Unlicensed) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person. She was very nice. Went over work history and had to answer 5 questions (STAR). She asked for the best number for me to be reached and told me my recruiter would reach back out to me. Two days later I received an offer. Offer was accepted. Pay is already set but it works for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

First I got an email from the recruiter that they wanted me to do a phone interview; pretty easy just an automated service that asks you questions and then your answers are recorded and it is timed, then you get an invitation for an assessment and days later you get an invite for an interview which was really bogus because it is with two people. I had two ladies they asked me situational questions and how I would handle certain situations and then I watched a 3 minute powerpoint about the position and the ways I could get involved with the company volunteerism etc, then they had me sit down with a claims adjuster to see how the job would be and she basically told me that I had the job and what to do, what not to do etc...and a week later I got an email that they decided to pursue other candidates. I drove 25 minutes out of my way for $578 every two weeks and to be told I wasn't chosen was a let down. Why allow me to shadow someone doing what I'd be doing if you had no intentions of hiring me?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where I went the extra mile for a customer? Name a time where something was extremely difficult for you on the job   Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate in March 2015.

Interview

a recruiter calls he does a short phone interview then submited resume over to management. received a call a week later to set up a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• it was behavioral questions asking how you would handle stressful situations and how would you overcome it...the face to face interview took a good 35 minutes advised me that there were multiple candidates interested in the position, so my hopes went out the window. they also advise me it was going to take a few weeks for a decision. they also sent me an email telling how they enjoyed speaking with me, and on 04/10/15 I received a call from the same recruiter and he told me they went with another candidate, but when I went on Indeed.com to continue my career search Allstate re-posted the same position online   Answer Question

Entry Level Inside Liability Determinate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Hey everyone,
    The interview process is as followed:
    1. Applied online
    2. Selected by recruiter and asked to complete a phone interview (it is a recording where you record your answer - asked current position questions, current compensation and why Allstate with "Name a time" scenario questions) It is rather short maybe 5 or 6 questions.
    3. Upon being selected by hiring after your recorded statement, you are given a link to pass a behavioral analysis style questionnaire - SO SUPER EASY DO NOT SWEAT IT JOB SEEKERS
    4. I was then selected to come in for the face to face interview with team lead (it is who team you will be on so shine bright like a diamond - in my Rihana voice) They only ask name a time questions...like name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, name a time when you gave wrong information etc.
    5. You will be asked to come back and meet with team lead boss and call listen with a current employee.

**Shout out to Allstate because it was honestly the most welcoming interview process I have ever experienced and they were friendly and not the type to look down at people**

6. After that if selected a recruiter will call and extend a job offer

Interview Questions

• Listed questions in description of interview process sorry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted because for entry level to me it is a blessing to even get the position and I know I can grown and make more over time

Senior BI Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I had a telephone interview for a Sr. Bi Adjuster position. I passed the first step and was told I had to take the dreaded on line exam. I passed it and received an e-mail from the recruiter stating that she will contact me to set up an interview. After 2 weeks I. Didn't hear back so I sent a follow up e-mail and I didn't get a response from the recruiter. I waited a week and sent another e-mail with the same results. Finally I received an e-mail from Allstate saying that I was not qualified for the position. What? I have over 15 years in the industry and I'm not qualified? So I e-mailed the recruited asking why I was never called, when I was told I would be, and you guessed it, no reply. This is very unprofessional.

Investment Operations Finance Role Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to fill out a prescreen questionnaire. A week later, I was brought in to interview. I met with an associate, the hiring manager and the director of the group. All 3 were very easy to talk to, but I got the sense that people had either a short (1-2yrs) or long (15-30yrs) tenure in the group. In addition, they tried to make it appear like Allstate invests in such a wide array of investments, but it essentially boiled down to boring fixed income products which generate predictable cash flows and are liquid. All this to say that I got the impression that even the investment side was a slow moving behemoth.
    My only advice to the hiring manager would be to not leave your cell phone on the desk where it's constantly vibrating from all the messages you are receiving during the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to walk through my resume and highlight my accomplishments in each of my past roles.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Heard back from HR requesting a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiting department about a week after applying. After the phone interview I heard back within a week requesting a second phone interview with a manager more relevant to the position. After that interview I heard back within a week requesting an in person interview. The in person interview lasted from 8 am till noon. There were three 45 minute interviews with managers from different business sections followed by lunch provided in the Allstate campus cafeteria with two recent hires in the position I applied for who were able to give a better idea of what the position was like for a young employee. Everyone was very friendly and the HR point of contact was responsive and helpful in answering questions and ensuring all plans for interviews were good to go.

Interview Questions

• You work for a professor who wants to forecast how many students he will have in class each month so he knows how many tests to print out. You are given the class attendance for two years by month (10 months per year for two years, so 20 data points) and asked how you would approach forecasting attendance for next year. There is a major discrepancy between one month in the two years which after you give your initial answer you are told is from a flu outbreak in that month.   Answer Question

Entry Level Inside Auto Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

received email re: profile match to my resume on the website. Was asked to take an automated phone interview. Same day, received notice of passing, and a request to take an online assessment. Timed, 41 questions, additional personality/background questions. Within the hour, was notified my score did not qualify to move forward in the process. I answered honestly, with more emphasis on team-oriented resolution style. I guess they want employees to not be team players and more reliant on management to solve their issues? SMH.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond in your job duties.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Submitted online application and got email response within a couple of days. Had the phone interview scheduled within a week. They used an outsourced contractor to do initial phone interview. Second interview would also be on the phone with company HR and then onsite with staff. Job skill requirements changed during the interview process, like the position was still in flux. Cordial and professional communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions for initial interview. Basic simple questions like: Why do you want to work for Allstate and What can skill sets can you bring to the position?   Answer Question