Allstate

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Claims Service Adjuster
Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Interview Details – I originally applied for a different adjustor position, didn't hear back from that one in almost three months, so I reapplied for a different adjustor position, and heard back from the recruiter 2 hours later via email. Weird. Anyway. Recruiter contacted me via phone for 10-15 minute interview. Pretty simple questions: 1) tell me about yourself and 2) tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it. They also asked for salary requirements. I asked for higher than was offered, but if you have zero claims experience like I do, then they're tough about negotiating a higher base salary.

After the easy phone interview I was emailed an online assessment, which tests your customer service skills. There are a few graphs you have to interpret (grade school difficulty) and "what if" scenarios that help determine whether you're a culture fit. I passed that and was scheduled for a first round personal interview with a claims service leader and an operations leader. Both were very pleasant, took notes in an interview packet, asked pretty generic behavioral questions that I found easy because I prepped for them. I also have years of customer service experience, so if you have that you'll be fine. Make sure you highlight your customer service, adaptability and decision-making skills. After successfully completing first round, I was offered a second interview on the spot. Two days later I came back to job shadow an adjustor for an hour, and then met with the office manager, who turned out to be the regional claims leader. Very good vibe from the office, friendly, genuine and helpful people.

If they like you, Allstate reacts very quickly. The same day of my second round interview the recruiter contacted me again and offered me the position. HR may not be the quickest at first, believe me, but keep applying to different positions. If they think you're a good fit they move fast to get you hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What happened, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to change your methods to solve a problem.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had and how you dealt with them.   View Answer
  • Why the career change? Why Allstate?   Answer Question

Entry Level Financial Analyst Interview

Entry Level Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – The company itself has a great reputation and the people are kind and helpful. They have great communication during the hiring process as far as the interview and what you will be doing. You'll meet with team members to get an understanding of their work well as the manager.There are of course the resume questions as well as the standard behavioral to compare everyone.

Interview Question – AAll of the questions were pretty fair. The most difficult was to "Name a time when you created a process/function to improve something." It can be school, work, volunteerism, etc.   View Answer

Direct Sales Professional Interview

Direct Sales Professional
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Typical BI questions - be prepared to explain what you have done in the past. "Name a time when you had to coach someone", "Explain a time where you weren't satisfied with your performance". "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with change"

Interview Question – None really, just come prepared with examples   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Interview Details – Per the interviewer, Allstate is currently expanding its big data group, hoping to double its size by hiring another 20 data scientists this year. They are hiring all levels of data scientists.

The interviewer was friendly and professional, and asked about experience with various big data platforms and software. He indicated they are particularly interested in people with experience with Python and Hadoop.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected; the interview was straightforward and did not contain a technical component (except for asking about experience in various statistical languages/programs). The most difficult question for me, however, was what experience I have had in business/industry, since I have none. (All my experience is an academia.) Based on the interviewer's tone and subsequent questions, I believe that answer took me out of contention for the job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a e-mail two days later for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a interview in person the next week. Chris interviewed me, very laid-back, took me to an office and asked a series of questions. After the interview he waked me around the building and then let me know I will get a call the following week if I got the job. I was actually called back two hours after the interview by HR to tell me I got the job.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had a conflict with another co-worker and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Catastrophe Modeling Interview

Catastrophe Modeling

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in March 2014.

Interview Details – First screened interview was on the phone with HR. Asked questions fairly specific to my resume. Had a follow up phone interview after, expanding upone the first interview with an emphasis on technical abilities.

Interview Question – They asked me to apply the exact steps I took to solve a multi regression model I created.   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

Interviewed at Allstate

Interview Details – I first got the email to set up an interview. In the email it gives you hints on how to answer the interview questions (phone). During the interview process they do seem to throw curve balls at you.

Interview Question – Name a time that you and a coworker did something that you were not supposed to do.   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Claims Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – I first put my application in online. I applied 3 times overall:

1.) The first time, I put in my application and I was sent an email about 3 weeks later saying that I hadn't been chosen.
2.) The second time, I put in my application and I was emailed to set up a phone screen. The phone screen wasn't too hard and I was given an online assessment to take. I passed it with flying colors, but I was passed up for an in person interview.
3.) The third time, I was given an in person interview with two HR representatives. Their office manager was on vacation and I'm going back next week to speak with them and shadow with a current Claims Adjuster.

An overall positive experience.

Interview Question – They ask a lot about your weaknesses or decisions you would have made differently in your current position.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Pre-Screen thru email. With understandable questions relates to the job skills and behavioral skills relate to you pass position and what can you offer for the new position.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Process takes 2-3 weeks. First received a call for a phone interview, after passing that, I received an online test in my e-mail. After passing that I waited a week and the recruiter sent my file to the local Allstate office. They requested an interview, interview was in person with two managers, asked 4 scenario questions, discussed resume, shadowed a current co-worker for an hour, then met with the owner. Waiting on feedback.

Interview Question – Scenario questions - Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question