Allstate

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.7

ETL Data Analyst Entry-Level Interview

After applying for several different positions on the Allstate careers page I was contacted by an in-house recruiter for an entry level Data Analyst position for their transition from relational database structure to the cloud-based Hadoop database architecture. After a single in-person interview with their head Information consultant and information systems manager I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly personal/behavioral questions with a mix of database technology and SQL query questions.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Extensive online "personality profile." Very friendly phone interview. Round table interview with direct supervisors. Follow up interview with regional leadership. Slow to start the process but very fast once process is started. Direct supervisors can be vetoed by upper management and upper management seems to prefer "green" fresh from college types over experience within the actual repair industry.

Interview Questions
    • Role play an instance whereby you have to flip a disgruntled customer   Answer Question

Field Auto Technical Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in October 2014.

Filled out online application, a week later I received email to set up phone interview, about a week later I got a call from a recruiter for the phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about what was on my resume and had to explain how my previous experience would fit into the job   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in October 2014.

I get the interview through campus recruiting in October 2014. The interview takes about 30 minutes. A lot of behavior questions. The interviewer get a list of questions that he seems need to fill out. According to the interviewer, this intern is a rotating position, you can get in touch with a variety of different project of different departments. Full time position may be given upon your performance. Looking for junior or senior right now.

Interview Questions
    • What course you use your analytic skills and describe it   Answer Question

Claims Property Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in October 2014.

Met recruiters at job fair, then followed up with a phone call to recruiter. Applied online for position which then led to an online pre-employment assessment. The assessment was pretty straight forward and primarily consisted of customer service questions and how you will work within a team setting. This led to a short phone interview, then followed by two face to face interviews.

Inside Auto Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate in October 2014.

After submitting my application online, there is an initial email from a recruiter saying they would like to set up a phone interview with you. If they like your phone interview, they will send you an online assessment test that you need to answer within 48 hrs. It takes about an hour and it is very easy...customer service related questions. Now I am waiting to hear from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me to name a time when I had to make a decision based on priorities. I did not think my answer was the greatest but she seemed to like it.   View Answer
    I was immediately offered a personality survey which I had to complete within 48 hours and I passed it so now I am waiting to hear from a hiring manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Applied online for Charlotte, NC location. Got a call 2 weeks later for phone interview. Passed that, got another phone interview. Passed that, had a personal interview at location in Charlotte. Was asked off the wall questions not pertaining to the CSR call center by an unprofessional ghetto HR lady. Was then sent an email 2 days later stating I was not qualified even after me having 6 years in customer service!!! When I left, I noticed the 2 training classes of about 40 people were all BLACK people, not ONE other race. Im filing a discrimination lawsuit.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to come up with a work changing protocol in order to help your team out.   Answer Question

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allstate in October 2014.

I called after seeing an ad in the newspaper (yes, people still use newspapers). A friendly, garrulous man picked up who tried to engage in small talk with me. After a couple minutes of inane conversation, he told me to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview on the specified date and time at one of the three agencies. I was 10 minutes early, but apparently the worker there wasn't informed that I would be coming in. She called the agency owner at a different location (30-40 min. drive from where I was) and told me to go there instead. I was a little irritated but wasn't about to complain because I really needed the job. Once I arrived at the other agency location, a woman with a wide, fixed smile on her face greeted me (who turned out to be the agency owner). The "interview process" wasn't even a real interview. The owner spoke as if I was already hired. She dove straight into explaining what I would be doing, what insurance is all about, the kind of clients her agencies serve, and the incentives provided to the workers-niggardly at best and can't even be considered competitive. I didn't object because I was desperate for the job. After she did 90% of the talking, the agency owner thrust a company-distributed umbrella into my hand and sent me on my merry way.

Staff Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Allstate.

They sent emails, then showed up at career fair and applied through university website. Its two interviews, one is 15 minutes the other is 30 minutes. They seemed more interested in hiring minorities and kept talking about the "benefits of AllState" and how its better than public accounting. Would work but they are all the way up in northbrook.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to complete a project and explain your time management skills?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. Got a phone interview about 1-2 days letter. Interview was easy, basic interview questions. Discuss claims-related experience. Afterwards I had to complete an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is not timed but it is slightly challenging. I am currently awaiting a response.