Allstate

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

We crossed about 30 emails and various calls. So I decided to fly from Puerto Rico to Florida for the interview. Interview was informal and gave the opportunity to interact and exchange ideas. Was very friendly and explained well what was needed in the office and what would be expected from me.. Presented all personnel and explained there duties., quotas and experience. This is a fast paced Agency with all personnel on there feet, everybody was friendly and took there time and spoke to me. This is a goal oriented agency which seems to have a big employee turnover. I felt good and was well received in my understanding the atmosphere felt great. Only thing not exact was salary and benefits are minimal at the most. Second Day -- Gave a lot more information about how the office runs, marketing was fully explained and I understood that it is a big part of the business. Office was opened just for this second part of the interview. Third Day-- A meeting with Allstates Commercial leader was at 11;00 and was a great selling point for what I am interested in. We had lunch and salary was briefly touched. four days later I was offered a formal salary, commission and bonus based offer.. At the moment I am writing this I am studying the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question but the constant reminder that you have to walk the talk   View Answer
    Basically I wanted more salary and she wanted to wait to see the production So we are working on a base salary commission and bonus based agreement.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

I received an email from the Allstate Recruiter stating that they had reviewed my resume online. Then I was sent to apply for the position online. I was then scheduled a phone conversation to talk to the recruiter to talk about the my job history and the position. I was then sent an assessment to complete online. Then sent to interview 1 on 1.

Interview Questions
    • In your last or current position, how do you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Sales Interview

Your interview will not be formal. If you have sold life insurance before at any capacity, they will hire you. Managers are compensated and rewarded for new hires. Your success is less or not important.

Interview Questions
    • This is a sales job. If you are confident, they will like you.   Answer Question
    basic comp. package with quota. While I was there, they changed/lowered commission payout with no reconciliation

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

The environments was relaxed, people were friendly. Interview was easy. I had a phone screen then an in-person interview that lasted maybe 30 minutes. I initially started off as a contractor and then was hired on after month. For most UX, design positions they typically start people off as a contractor.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. The hiring manager really just probed in my work style, time management and the different projects I had experience managing.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate, which was frustrating because my recruiter did not help at all. But I had a direct conversation with the hiring manager.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

The initial communications were through email with a company recruiter. She set up a phone interview that only lasted a total of about 15 minutes, even with her explaining the position and asking questions at the end. She told me that I would be moving on to the next step which is an online pre-employment assessment. The questions in both the online assessment and the short phone interview were very straight forward -- mostly customer service based or how you will work in a team.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about where I found the posting. Quite a few questions about my past positions, their requirements. One question about how I handled a conflict with my supervisor in the phone interview.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

I applied and within a few hours I received two emails from a recruiter. One stating to complete an assessment that took me 45 minutes to complete, you are allotted 60 minutes. The other was to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy and quick; it took about 10 to 15 minutes. The recruiter was very friendly and seemed genuine. I am waiting to schedule a face-to-face interview with the hiring managers which should be scheduled in the next 48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions. "How did you hear about this job?" "Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer and had a positive outcome. Explain the steps you took to do so." "Tell me about a time you were not successful in satisfying a customer."   View Answer

Marketing Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Someone called me to ask if I was still interested in "a marketing position I applied for." We agreed to have a phone interview. I asked if I was going to receive an email confirmation for the interview and was told "she doesn't do that." At this point, I don't even know what position specifically I'm being interviewed for since I applied for a couple of positions on their site.
    She calls and immediately goes into asking questions. No "How are you?" No "Is this a good time to talk still?" She introduced herself and said what type of questions she was going to ask.
    She proceeds to ask questions and I answer them according. She was completely silently throughout the interview unless she was asking the question. I couldn't tell if she was even listening to the point I said Hello to ensure the call was still connected.
    Then came the time for me to ask questions. I asked very common interview questions and she didn't know the answer to any of them, or just gave yes or no responses.

I asked "Is there travel required?"
    Her response: "They didn't tell me that."

I asked "What is a typical day in the position?"
    Her response: "They didn't tell me but it really depends on the project"

I asked "Is this a new position? If not, she the person who held this position previously still with the company?"
    Her response: "No its not a new position. I don't know where the other person went."

I asked "What are the next steps?"
    Her response "Ummm, I have to talk to some people but I guess the next few weeks."

Still at this point she hasn't even told me the TITLE OF THE POSITION we were discussing and there was no convenient time for me to ask without sounding unprepared.

After asking all my questions, I asked for her email address so I could send a follow-up and thank you email.

I sent the email and never heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process was difficult. Maybe my interviewer was having a bad day.   Answer Question

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Applied online and had a phone interview in less than a week. Then took a customer service personality test online. Scheduled an in person interview a few days later. Great interview. Everyone was very nice. Sat down and met a few employees.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you made a mistake at work with a bad outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate.

The outsourced human resources is so unprofessional and unorganized. They work from home and you can hear their children, grandchildren, and household appliances in the background. They don't have any follow up information and they will promise to return calls or keep you updated on the claims process and never return your call.

Interview Questions
    • I returned a call to the human resources representative who called for a pre-screening and she answered the phone "who is this and how did you get this number"   Answer Question

Trial Attorney Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

Initially contacted by their HR personnel and requested to provide certain info online. Allstate followed up with an email requesting interview availability and another asking to confirm interview time. Interviewed by three managers. Mostly conversational, with only a few "pressure" questions (which are asked of all candidates). Lasted just under an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Specific example of when you were on a team and how you contributed?
      A time when you have had conflict at work- how you resolved and what you may do differently?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
        Answer Question