Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.7

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

I filled out an application online and it took about a week to hear back. I scheduled a phone interview and after the interview was asked to take their online test. I was told to expect a call back to schedule another interview after I took the test, based on whether or not I passed. I immediately received confirmation of passing the test, and a week later received an e-mail saying that they chose another candidate based on my interview, although I hadn't had an interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Very difficult process. Had to constantly call the recruiter to see if things were progressing. The recruiter would ask me to call her every week because she was going to forget to follow up if I didn't remind her. Very unprofessional. I asked clarifying questions regarding benefits and never got answers from her.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers did a lot of the talking. I wasn't asked very many questions.   Answer Question
    It moved quickly unlike the rest of the process.

Senior Care Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Applied , took almost three weeks to get a call for a face to face interview. Interviewed with two women, casual yet professional. Took another 2 weeks to hear from recruiter about my performance. Another week for drug testing and background to be passed. All in all six week process from application date to offer date.

Interview Questions
    • Only Asked scenario questions regarding your action in a tough customer situation or with non cooperating coworkers.   View Answer
    No negotian, salary was increased by $4300 by HR on its own.

State Tax Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Process took two weeks, although they have been looking for quite a longer period. They contacted me about a first round interview and that was with two managers. The second round was with the director of the department. After that, they e-mailed me very quickly with an offer due to the holiday season.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward questions relating to your experience with tax returns and software   Answer Question
    No negotiation as they fully compensated me for earning my CPA.

Applications Developer Interview

The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

I applied at the career fair that was held at my university. I was then contacted for a on campus interview. First interview was technical and went over your resume. I was then contacted weeks later for a onsite interview. I got interviewed by two people the first one was technical and the second one was behavior. If you you want to do well on the interviews make sure you know databases, object oriented programming, and your data structures.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

interviewed at Allstate in December 2014.

Applied online. Got a phone interview within a week. Phone interview was short (pre-recorded questions with no feedback). Passed phone interview. Within hours, was sent the link for a personality test. Took the 40 question test. Didn't pass the test (but I answered everything honestly so maybe the job wasn't going to be the best fit).

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

The process took about 2 months. There were 3 rounds: the first was with HR, second was a very technical interview aimed to assess your problem solving skills, and the third was at the home office with 3 different interviewers (a mix of managers and analysts). There was math test during one of the one-on-one interviews, and a business case you had to reason through. It was a very rigorous interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what I would recommend to the CEO of an insurance company given some information about a few products.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate.

I applied online through a craigslist posting and was contacted about a week later for a short phone interview then upon further evaluation of my online application an in person interview was scheduled. Interview lasted about an hour or so. Basic and straight forward questions; mostly regarding your past work experience and why you're interested in the job. If you do well on the interview they have you come back in at a later date to try cold calls on the phone, which is an absolute joke if you have 0 experience in insurance sales. the whole point of the process is for them to hear what you sound like on the phone even though they propose it as an opportunity to get leads prior to you getting your insurance license. They barely payed attention to me on the phone so I don't know how efficient this process is in selecting candidates to go on to take the insurance licensing test.

Interview Questions

Pathetic base salary offer of 8$/hour. The ad promised 34k a year if your good, 50k if your great and 60k if you're a "superstar". They do promise regulated increases every 6 months pending performance review but regardless you can make more working retail and there are other insurance companies that will start you off more than double then that on top of commission, benefits and paying for your insurance license(Geico) These guys are crooks.

Claims Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in December 2014.

Applied online. Had someone in HR email me to set up a phone intern (very pleasant HR lady, I could tell and knew she was rooting for me, but the end result wasn't up to her it was up to the hiring manager) Quick interview because she knew I was qualified, took assessment test and passed it, submitted a second part of the application with my social security #, 2 weeks later I get a generic email informing me the position had either been filled or the position was removed. I assume it was either filled by an insider of someone who knew someone, and I didn't stand a chance anyway, or they just made me waste my time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

one phone interview and then a face to face with the insurance manager where he reviewed my credentials and told me what my duties and responsibilities will be if hired by the company

Interview Questions
    • describe the worst customer service you have ever given   Answer Question