Allstate

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Phone interview, then face to face. Personality is the biggest factor, along with the ability to deal with rejection. Had to discuss how salary and commission schedule. The type of person the hiring manager is looking for is dependent on the office setting.

Claims Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

One Interview with 3-4 managers at the location I ended up working at. Background check, drug test, had to provide W-2's for all of the jobs I listed on my resume. Started work 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    • Normal Interview Questions. Had to give examples of showing leadership skills in the past.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Very professional, I got a call and was asked for a date to do the interview. of course there were questions about computer usage and my ability to communicate with prospects. I got a tour and a chance to speak. I did so well and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what I wanted as my pay.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate.

Starts out with a pre-screen phone call to get to know you more and go over a resume. Then there are a series of phone interviews, basic questions asking you to describe situations. Interviewers very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why I chose All-State if it is in the suburbs and sells insurance?   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

basic interview questions. test is given to determine if you qualify. you get a call back pretty quick. the training is about 2 months, on and off the floor.

n/a

Network Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate.

The interview process with Allstate begins right away at their headquarters where you and dozens of others applying for various other positions will spend a few hours listening to company management, watching promotional videos and touring their HQ. During the lunch period (good-not-great pizza and salad) which lasts a couple of hours, you will be scheduled for a behavioral interview, which won't contain anything out of the ordinary, and a technical interview specific for your position. I, along with a few others for the position, was not scheduled for a technical interview so I relaxed a bit. However, one of the women organizing the day forced me into a room for an unexpected technical interview. Being blindsided did not go well for me.

Also, you will meet neither the guy from 24 nor "Mayhem" from their recent ad campaign, so don't get excited.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary that you won't be prepared for.   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Phone interview plus meeting with 3-4 managers, two days of in person interviews ranging in difficulty. Some of the people will be testing to determine if your a good fit for the team and it will be more of a conversation. Your appearance will definitely be a factor, dress business professional.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected to answer generic behavior questions required by the company. Bring examples of how you have challenged, how you have failed, and best and worst qualities   Answer Question
    Some salary negotiation

Claims Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

I applied online and heard back within a few days. Then I was asked to fill out a survey/personality test. Next I had a phone interview. Then a week or so went by and had an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific situation in which you had to obtain lots of details and information to complete a task.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

We crossed about 30 emails and various calls. So I decided to fly from Puerto Rico to Florida for the interview. Interview was informal and gave the opportunity to interact and exchange ideas. Was very friendly and explained well what was needed in the office and what would be expected from me.. Presented all personnel and explained there duties., quotas and experience. This is a fast paced Agency with all personnel on there feet, everybody was friendly and took there time and spoke to me. This is a goal oriented agency which seems to have a big employee turnover. I felt good and was well received in my understanding the atmosphere felt great. Only thing not exact was salary and benefits are minimal at the most. Second Day -- Gave a lot more information about how the office runs, marketing was fully explained and I understood that it is a big part of the business. Office was opened just for this second part of the interview. Third Day-- A meeting with Allstates Commercial leader was at 11;00 and was a great selling point for what I am interested in. We had lunch and salary was briefly touched. four days later I was offered a formal salary, commission and bonus based offer.. At the moment I am writing this I am studying the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question but the constant reminder that you have to walk the talk   View Answer
    Basically I wanted more salary and she wanted to wait to see the production So we are working on a base salary commission and bonus based agreement.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in September 2014.

I received an email from the Allstate Recruiter stating that they had reviewed my resume online. Then I was sent to apply for the position online. I was then scheduled a phone conversation to talk to the recruiter to talk about the my job history and the position. I was then sent an assessment to complete online. Then sent to interview 1 on 1.

Interview Questions
    • In your last or current position, how do you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question