Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.7

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online in February, was contacted via email for a phone interview on 04/10, and completed a 15 min phone interview on 04/13. I then passed the assessment also on 04/13. I was phoned on 4/19 for an in person interview that following Wednesday! I had my interview with two people, both were very professional and nice. They seem like an amazing team to work with! Two weeks after my interview I called, and they stated they wanted me to come in for a follow up interview and a "sit in" on 05/11.. I really hope and pray that I get this position, it's not about the money, it's my passion!!

Interview Questions

• What interested me in this particular job?
      Why should they choose me over the other candidates?

Answer Question

Claims Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday, and was contact by HR on a Monday to schedule a phone interview. I was then contacted for a video interview since I lived across country at the time of application. I then was invited back for a 2nd video interview. I then received an offer.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate in April 2015.

Interview

I was called for a fifteen-minute phone interview and, unfortunately, that was the last I heard from them. The interviewer was a really nice lady and the questions were the average interview fare. I don't really have any complaints aside from the fact that I was never contacted to let me know my status.

Accounting Analyst - Investments Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a week later to set up a phone interview. The guy interviewing me was really nice, he led me to believe the interview was going well. He asked me the questions listed below and then sent me a form to fill out to send back. Something about compliance. Told me the process took 2-3 weeks. Received an email 2 weeks later saying that they moved on. Only reason I think I did not moved forward was because of my GPA. It was an entry level position.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. It started with a phone interview with 2 data scientists that was mostly knowledge-based questions. After that was a data set challenge where you have to present your findings to 2 other data scientists and expect follow up questions. Last was the on-site where there were one data exercise interview and one behavioral interview. You'll also have to make another presentation about a past analytical project to the entire team.

HR was quick to respond if you've made it to the next step but awfully slow at scheduling. It would take weeks and was frustrating since I was also scheduling other interviews.

For those with a CS background, this is a heavy math/stats role so don't expect much programming.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

The process started off very quick but have slowed down now. I have completed a total of 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone, the second was with a panel of 3 managers, then last was one with the hiring manager. very pleasant interviews. Everything went very well, but almost a week has passed and still no response or offer. Trying to stay positive until I hear further.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to prioritize your time at work   Answer Question

Reinsurance Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Recruiter was extremely helpful and insightful always provided info that proved to be useful for the next step in hiring process.

Total of 3 interviews: 2 by phone and 1 in person with direct mgr and two higher ups
    First was over the phone with Recruiter, Second interview over the phone as well, was scheduled quickly after the first. It took over two weeks to schedule in person and after in person I heard back after like a week or two.

In person interview was initially quoted to be 45mins with each individual but was changed to an hour total.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

The first step is a telephone interview/screening call which was very short; the woman I spoke with was very kind and pleasant which made it very easy. Afterward came an online assessment test which was very simple. It allows you 60 minutes to complete it but I finished in roughly 15. The in-person interview was next which was an interview with 2 of the managers who asked general customer service questions. This was very enjoyable as it was not very formal and was more of a casual discussion to get to know each other. After this interview was the last interview with the regional manager which was also informal and there we talked more about the company, the culture, and benefits. I also got to sit with a few of their adjusters, speak with them, and see exactly what they do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Once you have submitted your application depending upon your previous experience you will be sent a follow up email for a phone interview. HR ask for a good time from 8am-5pm to set up a 15-20 minute interview with you. My interview lasted about 15 minutes asking customer service orientated questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you responded to an overwhelmed customer.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Met with agent and spend some time going back and forth about my job history and the position itself. Relaxed interview yet thorough. The agent is quite sharp and is leading the commercial insurance sector and employee benefits. Also met with two other team members, I would imagine to get their feedback on my presence later. We definitely spend a good amount of time talking about my work history and talked about specifics of sales. Then we spent a good amount of time discussing the job itself and my expectations. This agency is planning on being a leader and the agent is only looking for the sharpest agents.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time you overcame objections to get the sale.   Answer Question