Allstate

2.8

Trial Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in February 2014.

Approximately a week and a half after applying online, I received an email asking me to provide my availability for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted around 30 minutes and was conducted by HR. It was a typical pre-screen phone interview and merely a screening process. After that I set up an in person interview, which was set to last 30 minutes. The interview ended up taking an hour. I was interviewed by two individuals in the Chicago legal department, both of whom were really nice. They said they had some formal questions to ask me, and apologized for having to read off of a script. I apparently answered many of their "must-ask" questions in one answer, so after that we had more of a conversation about the position and my background. The interview was typical of ones I've had in the past. They asked questions such as "tell me about your background," and "what's one employment situation you were in where you had a conflict and how did you solve it?" There was no unexpected questions. I thought the interview went great. I followed up with thank you notes and heard nothing a week after so I emailed HR asking for a timeline and she didn't know when I would find out. I followed up a week after that with the people I interviewed with and HR and got no response. Over a month passed before I received any word, and simply got the generic "thanks for applying this position was filled or our hiring needs changed" letter that people who didn't even get an interview got. I was very disappointed in the company's post-interview conduct. I shouldn't have to wait over a month to hear ANYTHING, despite numerous follow-up attempts.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herriman, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herriman, UT

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in September 2010.

There were two interviews, first was a phone interview. Second was in person with the office staff and ended with a one on one with the owner. Questions were fitting and interview process was well planned out and smooth.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't remember. I don't think there was anything too unexpected.   Answer Question
    Simple, it was an admin job.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

The entire process took between 2 to 3 weeks through a Contract agency. The payroll process didn't go in effect until the first week I statrted. Overall the process was smooth but really slow.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain a time when you had to work in a group to get immediate results?   Answer Question
    No negotiations - Salary was already decided.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Allstate in May 2014.

Process took 2+ months. I applied online for entry level financial analyst position for AZ regional office. Heard back from recruiter and filled out questionnaire. Got a phone call 2 weeks later to see if I was still interested in position. A week later I got an email to schedule an interview. Went in next week for interview and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions. Asked what the insurance industry will face in the upcoming years.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Initial phone interview with recruiter to check my background, experience and salary requirements.
    Second interview with hiring manager over the phone (technical screening)
    Third interview in-person with manager and senior architects. Describe experience with application architecture, design patterns, diagrams (a lot of drawing).
    Talked about a former system architecture and design. Asked to articulate the key architecture and design decisions and the main reasons for choosing them.
    Received an offer and negotiate with HR.

Interview Questions
    • I noticed they wanted to check both technical and communication skills   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and worked out an offer that was good for both sides

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2010.

Hiring process was fairly simple and straightforward working with their HR department. Online application made the process flow very nicely. Phone interview was first. Followed by an interview with multiple people from the hiring manager and department.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

There are three rounds of interviews in total. The first interview is with HR to discuss your general information in the resume. The second round is very technical and I consider it very hard. If you passed the second round, you will invite to the final round in their home office.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Allstate in January 2014.

first round on campus, second round site interview

Interview Questions
    • Asked to walk through time I looked at data and used it to come to a conclusion   Answer Question

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Diamond Bar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate.

Applied online eight years ago. Was called within a few days by recruiter to set up date and time for interview. Showed up for verbal interview and had to take a computer based test first, called the Leap Test. Test mostly pertained to morals and how you would react to certain situations. If that test was not passed, there would be no interview. Passed the test and interviewed with two managers - one asked the questions and one took notes. It was 2-3 weeks later when I heard from Allstate and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • There were about four questions and they were redundant, all along the lines of, Please tell me about a time when you were most successful in dealing with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. This was my first "real" job out of college and I just accepted what they offered.

Risk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hudson, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Allstate in December 2012.

First you fill out an application online, they give you a phone interview, then an office sit down with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I can't remember anything specific that was too difficult. They ask you things like can you tell me a time when you were working with a team and ect...   Answer Question
    They are not open to negotiations from what I could gather...