Allstate

2.7

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

I originally applied for a different adjustor position, didn't hear back from that one in almost three months, so I reapplied for a different adjustor position, and heard back from the recruiter 2 hours later via email. Weird. Anyway. Recruiter contacted me via phone for 10-15 minute interview. Pretty simple questions: 1) tell me about yourself and 2) tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it. They also asked for salary requirements. I asked for higher than was offered, but if you have zero claims experience like I do, then they're tough about negotiating a higher base salary.

After the easy phone interview I was emailed an online assessment, which tests your customer service skills. There are a few graphs you have to interpret (grade school difficulty) and "what if" scenarios that help determine whether you're a culture fit. I passed that and was scheduled for a first round personal interview with a claims service leader and an operations leader. Both were very pleasant, took notes in an interview packet, asked pretty generic behavioral questions that I found easy because I prepped for them. I also have years of customer service experience, so if you have that you'll be fine. Make sure you highlight your customer service, adaptability and decision-making skills. After successfully completing first round, I was offered a second interview on the spot. Two days later I came back to job shadow an adjustor for an hour, and then met with the office manager, who turned out to be the regional claims leader. Very good vibe from the office, friendly, genuine and helpful people.

If they like you, Allstate reacts very quickly. The same day of my second round interview the recruiter contacted me again and offered me the position. HR may not be the quickest at first, believe me, but keep applying to different positions. If they think you're a good fit they move fast to get you hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What happened, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your methods to solve a problem.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had and how you dealt with them.   View Answer
    • Why the career change? Why Allstate?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I first got the email to set up an interview. In the email it gives you hints on how to answer the interview questions (phone). During the interview process they do seem to throw curve balls at you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you and a coworker did something that you were not supposed to do.   View Answers (2)

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

I first put my application in online. I applied 3 times overall:

1.) The first time, I put in my application and I was sent an email about 3 weeks later saying that I hadn't been chosen.
    2.) The second time, I put in my application and I was emailed to set up a phone screen. The phone screen wasn't too hard and I was given an online assessment to take. I passed it with flying colors, but I was passed up for an in person interview.
    3.) The third time, I was given an in person interview with two HR representatives. Their office manager was on vacation and I'm going back next week to speak with them and shadow with a current Claims Adjuster.

An overall positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot about your weaknesses or decisions you would have made differently in your current position.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Pre-Screen thru email. With understandable questions relates to the job skills and behavioral skills relate to you pass position and what can you offer for the new position.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Process takes 2-3 weeks. First received a call for a phone interview, after passing that, I received an online test in my e-mail. After passing that I waited a week and the recruiter sent my file to the local Allstate office. They requested an interview, interview was in person with two managers, asked 4 scenario questions, discussed resume, shadowed a current co-worker for an hour, then met with the owner. Waiting on feedback.

Inside Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Basic Phone Interview: Questions were based on resume and qualifications.
    Online Assessment Test: Took about 45 minutes to complete. Scenario type questions to measure consistency and ways you would handle certain situations.
    Face-To-Face Interview: A lot of questions! Read off of a scripted sheet of paper with scenario questions. EX: "Describe a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer" "What motivates you in the workplace?"

Interview Questions
    • There were no out of the ordinary questions. Just your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Had a phone interview after I applied online through my University's database. Then I had an interview on their campus in Northbrook, meeting with 5-6 different people. All were very fair, behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you had to improve an existing process in order to achieve a desired outcome.   Answer Question

AskHR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

I saw an opening online for a entry-level HR position at Allstate and applied. A few days later I got a call to schedule a phone screen and it was pretty straight forward. She asked questions about my resume and then we scheduled an interview for me to come in and meet the team. I loved the place. The interview went great and I had a lot of great questions but at the very end they said "we actually don't have anything open right now but we MIGHT call you in three weeks." I was confused because they had a job opening up online. 3 weeks goes by and I don't hear anything so I emailed all three people that I spoke with for interviews and not a single one responded to me. RUDE!

Data Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Per the interviewer, Allstate is currently expanding its big data group, hoping to double its size by hiring another 20 data scientists this year. They are hiring all levels of data scientists.

The interviewer was friendly and professional, and asked about experience with various big data platforms and software. He indicated they are particularly interested in people with experience with Python and Hadoop.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected; the interview was straightforward and did not contain a technical component (except for asking about experience in various statistical languages/programs). The most difficult question for me, however, was what experience I have had in business/industry, since I have none. (All my experience is an academia.) Based on the interviewer's tone and subsequent questions, I believe that answer took me out of contention for the job.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

The entire process took between 2 to 3 weeks through a Contract agency. The payroll process didn't go in effect until the first week I statrted. Overall the process was smooth but really slow.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain a time when you had to work in a group to get immediate results?   Answer Question
    No negotiations - Salary was already decided.