Allstate

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.8

Customer Claims Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

Applied online. Received a call to do a 10 minute interview about things you have experienced in the past such as a difficult situation with a customer. Then they sent an online questionnaire to see if you had the right personally for the job. I then received an email saying I passed and should expect a follow up call soon. About 3 days later I was asked to come in for a formal interview. I was told to be 10-15 minutes early. It was within a week I was asked to come in for an interview from the phone interview. It was 4 weeks after I applied that I initially was contacted. In the interview I sat with one manager. It was pretty laid back and an enjoyable experience. I was there for one hour. I was asked a couple formal questions, given information on the company policies and dress code, a lot of it was more getting to know myself and the company. I was then taken on a tour of the facility, and sat with a Claims Specialist on a phone call to see what types of situations they deal with. Then I was taken back to the interview room with the manager. They asked if I thought I could see myself working there. I said yes because it seemed like something I would like to do. We sat for about 5 more minutes and I was told I would 've contacted soon with an answer. The next day I was offered the position and I took it.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiations, they were upfront about the pay scale from the beginning and they were set on it.

Pricing Technician Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

I applied to the position online through the careers website. After about two weeks I received a phone call from HR to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview was a basic review of my resume and why I was interested in the position.

A couple days after I was contacted to schedule an in person interview. This consisted of 3 rounds of 30 minute interviews with 2-3 mangers/analysts. Everyone I interviewed with was friendly and energetic. The interviews themselves weren't difficult. We reviewed my resume and why I wanted to the position again. There were then about 3-5 behavior questions each round to see how I've handled various situations in the past.

I was told that I would be contacted in about 2 weeks with a decision. Surprisingly I was contacted a couple days later with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any unexpected questions. Questions were answered using STAR model.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation with the salary. I was told this upfront when I had the phone interview with the HR rep.

Research Analyst Interview

First interview held by phone, second by video conference, third was all day in person interview. Interview process was difficult, but fair. Multiple people were involved in interviewing me, and I was asked to submit a work sample before I came in for the in person interview. Interview was primarily behavioral questions, very few "standard" interview questions like "Tell me the best and worst thing about yourself."

Interview Questions
    • Here's a report turned in by one of our consultants. What problems do you see with it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

The company itself has a great reputation and the people are kind and helpful. They have great communication during the hiring process as far as the interview and what you will be doing. You'll meet with team members to get an understanding of their work well as the manager.There are of course the resume questions as well as the standard behavioral to compare everyone.

Interview Questions
    • AAll of the questions were pretty fair. The most difficult was to "Name a time when you created a process/function to improve something." It can be school, work, volunteerism, etc.   View Answer

Direct Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Typical BI questions - be prepared to explain what you have done in the past. "Name a time when you had to coach someone", "Explain a time where you weren't satisfied with your performance". "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with change"

Data Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Per the interviewer, Allstate is currently expanding its big data group, hoping to double its size by hiring another 20 data scientists this year. They are hiring all levels of data scientists.

The interviewer was friendly and professional, and asked about experience with various big data platforms and software. He indicated they are particularly interested in people with experience with Python and Hadoop.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected; the interview was straightforward and did not contain a technical component (except for asking about experience in various statistical languages/programs). The most difficult question for me, however, was what experience I have had in business/industry, since I have none. (All my experience is an academia.) Based on the interviewer's tone and subsequent questions, I believe that answer took me out of contention for the job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in June 2013.

I applied online and received a e-mail two days later for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a interview in person the next week. Chris interviewed me, very laid-back, took me to an office and asked a series of questions. After the interview he waked me around the building and then let me know I will get a call the following week if I got the job. I was actually called back two hours after the interview by HR to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had a conflict with another co-worker and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Catastrophe Modeling Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in March 2014.

First screened interview was on the phone with HR. Asked questions fairly specific to my resume. Had a follow up phone interview after, expanding upone the first interview with an emphasis on technical abilities.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to apply the exact steps I took to solve a multi regression model I created.   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

I first got the email to set up an interview. In the email it gives you hints on how to answer the interview questions (phone). During the interview process they do seem to throw curve balls at you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you and a coworker did something that you were not supposed to do.   View Answers (2)

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

I first put my application in online. I applied 3 times overall:

1.) The first time, I put in my application and I was sent an email about 3 weeks later saying that I hadn't been chosen.
    2.) The second time, I put in my application and I was emailed to set up a phone screen. The phone screen wasn't too hard and I was given an online assessment to take. I passed it with flying colors, but I was passed up for an in person interview.
    3.) The third time, I was given an in person interview with two HR representatives. Their office manager was on vacation and I'm going back next week to speak with them and shadow with a current Claims Adjuster.

An overall positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot about your weaknesses or decisions you would have made differently in your current position.   Answer Question