Allstate Liability Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Very easy. The interview was with two managers who read off questions from a corporate interview sheet and wrote down notes based on my answers. All questions were geared toward customer service in general and had little to do with claims. One part of the interview did touch upon your knowledge of Auto Claims, but again, it was really geared to get a sense of your prior customer service experience and how you have helped customers in the past.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult customer service situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

The first step is a telephone interview/screening call which was very short; the woman I spoke with was very kind and pleasant which made it very easy. Afterward came an online assessment test which was very simple. It allows you 60 minutes to complete it but I finished in roughly 15. The in-person interview was next which was an interview with 2 of the managers who asked general customer service questions. This was very enjoyable as it was not very formal and was more of a casual discussion to get to know each other. After this interview was the last interview with the regional manager which was also informal and there we talked more about the company, the culture, and benefits. I also got to sit with a few of their adjusters, speak with them, and see exactly what they do.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in March 2015.

Interview

Basically what everyone else has said. The first interview was quick and reviewed my resume and asked one situational question to screen me. Then I passed the online questionnaire which was very straightforward. The interview with the hiring managers didn't take long and only consisted of 3 situational questions that were kind of irrelevant to my past work experience so they were difficult to answer specifically. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a change at work that made you adjust your work style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first. It was fairly easy. It has the same objective as the questions in the 'in-person' interview. If then approved, personality test. The personality test is done online. It is time consuming, but not difficult. Followed by in person interview. This for me was hard, I don't do well talking to people that have to pick my brain in 30 minutes or less. However, it was relaxed and I even enjoyed some laughs.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where your work was not up to your boss' standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process started as a phone interview with an unexperienced outside recruiter from Ranstand Deetria Cannon. The phone interview was very straight forward. I then moved on to the exam and after the exam I was invited to interview at the local office. The in person interview took place with the hiring managers and lead supervisor. I was invited to talk to the Manager and we discussed the job. The recruiter failed to return calls and emails. After numerous attempts she final called with an "informal" lowball offer. The recruiter failed to negotiate despite my experience and education. She stated that she would send the offer in writing and weeks passed and nothing was received. She later called and stated that they gave the senior position to someone else and the offer was pulled off the table. Please record all conversation and correspondence. The recuiter informed the manager that she tried to negotiate and that I was rude. The recruiter in fact was upset that I forward all the emails to her discounting her previous claim that i never responded.Allstate please hire a recruiter that exudes professionalism, prompt ,experience and one with tact. The hiring manager, lead supervisor and branch manager was great.

Offer was not competitive

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate in August 2014.

Interview

I applied and within a few hours I received two emails from a recruiter. One stating to complete an assessment that took me 45 minutes to complete, you are allotted 60 minutes. The other was to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy and quick; it took about 10 to 15 minutes. The recruiter was very friendly and seemed genuine. I am waiting to schedule a face-to-face interview with the hiring managers which should be scheduled in the next 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. "How did you hear about this job?" "Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer and had a positive outcome. Explain the steps you took to do so." "Tell me about a time you were not successful in satisfying a customer."   1 Answer

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

The outsourced human resources is so unprofessional and unorganized. They work from home and you can hear their children, grandchildren, and household appliances in the background. They don't have any follow up information and they will promise to return calls or keep you updated on the claims process and never return your call.

Interview Questions

• I returned a call to the human resources representative who called for a pre-screening and she answered the phone "who is this and how did you get this number"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate (Diamond Bar, CA).

Interview

Applied online eight years ago. Was called within a few days by recruiter to set up date and time for interview. Showed up for verbal interview and had to take a computer based test first, called the Leap Test. Test mostly pertained to morals and how you would react to certain situations. If that test was not passed, there would be no interview. Passed the test and interviewed with two managers - one asked the questions and one took notes. It was 2-3 weeks later when I heard from Allstate and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• There were about four questions and they were redundant, all along the lines of, Please tell me about a time when you were most successful in dealing with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. This was my first "real" job out of college and I just accepted what they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I first applied online and was emailed by the recruiter. Make sure to check your emails. I took an assessment online and after passing I was called again by the recruiter. I then had an in person interview. I passed that interview and then had a final interview with the head manager. I waited for my background check to clear and then started working a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• there were really no difficult questions. Just be yourself, allstate is big on the culture and environment. they want a positive person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since I had no experience in the field.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

5 or 6 questions about character, accomplishments and greatest weakest strengths. Very standard old school interview with about 4 managers across the desk.