Allstate Northern Ireland

www.allstate.com
Profile Unclaimed

Allstate Northern Ireland Interview Questions

Java Professional Interview

HR and technical interview at the same time .Can be done over phone or in person. Not very difficult questions. All basic java questions with few HR questions which are common too.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland.

Application Form, Interview, then phone interview with USA Client.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to think outside the box.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable salary

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland in June 2013.

I applied online, and after a few weeks I received a mail: they were interested on my profile and we arranged a skype meeting.

We talked about my job experience and Java skills. I'm always nervous with interviews, but this time was completly different because they were very kind and comprehensive. Well, this was a nice and friendly interview.

I didn't get the job, but the overall experience was very positive, my feedback about the recruiting process and Allstate Northern Ireland is fantastic.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult: a few time skype had a bit of lag and I missed a question, but they had no problem on reasking the question.   Answer Question

Graduate Role Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland.

Applied online. Got interview offer within one week

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland in April 2012.

I applied, I was contacted, I got a phone interview and I didn't have an offer. I also didn't like the interview, it was too mechanical, too standard and it didn't motivate me to work with them.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about basic probabilities based on rolling three times a die.   View Answer
    • Several standard and wide/irrelevant questions suitable to somebody that is just graduating.   View Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strabane, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strabane, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland in April 2012.

Attended a open day for open positions, had a short interview, then attended a aptitude test, followed by a formal interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland in July 2009.

1 to 1 interview, standard behavioural questions

none at entry level

Software Developer 0 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland in August 2008.

I requested an application pack online sometime in July, gave the test and interview in August and started work by the end of September. I applied for an entry level role for graduates with 1 year or less experience in software development. I received the form and details and also a practice leaflet for "Information Technology Test Series" produced by SHL Group www.shl.com. the test was basically verbal reasoning, number series, computer checking, syntax checking, diagramming and diagrammatic reasoning. There was also a test of spatial reasoning in the leaflet but not on the test.
    At that time, there were vacancies for both IT and non IT graduates. There is absolutely no difference except in pay. I got a phone call saying that I had passed the test and requesting me to appear for the inteview. Since I lived in London, they said it would be okay to have a phone interview. My phone interview had basically one person from HR and one IT person. It was a general interview and they were just asking about situations in life where I had displayed certain skills - eg. leadership skills or teamwork etc. The only technical question was to describe the SDLC (software development life cycle).

Interview Questions
    • What is the software development life cycle?   View Answer
    Well there was no negotiation as such. I got a letter offering me 18K which is pretty crap but most graduates seem to get something in the range of 20 to 22 K in the mainland and I decided to accept as it was just an entry level role. I understand that non IT graduates start at 14k during the training phase, 16k in the first year, 17k in the second year, and then 18k at the end of 2 years. I did ask if they would pay for my relocation from London but was told that would not be possible. They did offer to assist me in finding accommodation though.