Allstate

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pricing Technician Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

I applied to the position online through the careers website. After about two weeks I received a phone call from HR to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview was a basic review of my resume and why I was interested in the position.

A couple days after I was contacted to schedule an in person interview. This consisted of 3 rounds of 30 minute interviews with 2-3 mangers/analysts. Everyone I interviewed with was friendly and energetic. The interviews themselves weren't difficult. We reviewed my resume and why I wanted to the position again. There were then about 3-5 behavior questions each round to see how I've handled various situations in the past.

I was told that I would be contacted in about 2 weeks with a decision. Surprisingly I was contacted a couple days later with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • There really weren't any unexpected questions. Questions were answered using STAR model.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation with the salary. I was told this upfront when I had the phone interview with the HR rep.

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Pricing Technician Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

A new team in the Consumer Household portion of Emerging Business was being built so it took a bit longer than expected to get the offer. A phone interview was processed followed by two in person interviews with leaders. No negotiations on salary were available.

n/a

Pricing Technician Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate in September 2011.

The hiring and interview process was straightforward and simple, I had a telephone interview and then I was brought in for a 3 hour in-person interview with several managers from the technician unit. The questions the interviewers will design the interview around are behavioral - what happened/what was the problem, how did you address the situation/problem, what were the results.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you didn't necessarily see eye-to-eye with a co-worker or manager, why did you disagree, and what did you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I was initially offered a position in a location near my home but was moved after having accepted the job and 2 weeks before my start date; I asked the company to compensate me for the extra travel (primarily for gas), and they declined.