Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Administrative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Allstate.

I had two in person interviews with Allstate but was not offered the position. I found the whole interviewing process to be unprofessional and disorganized and believe Allstate's HR to be a poor representation of the company. I had to speak with 3 different people to schedule 1 interview which was not only time consuming for me, but seemed like a duplication of resources on Allstate's part. Of the 3 people I spoke with, 2 were talent acquisition employees and 1 was an actual recruiter. The recruiter had a slight attitude but was the only one of the 3 that had any clue what was going on. After interviewing the first time I was told I'd be contacted within a week and never heard anything. Two weeks later I got a call telling me they were following up on my conversation with the recruiter (who I had never spoken to) and wanted to schedule my second interview. Since I never was told I was being asked for a second interview I thought there could have been a mistake. Turns out that these talent acquisition folks don't seem to communicate much with the actual recruiter and they looked like fools. I was actually being asked to come back again but only because the hiring manager suddenly changed, which I understand but to me this is something you figure out before posting the position. I had a few questions and was told only the recruiter could talk to me about the job and the talent acquisition people could tell me nothing. So there was definitely too much unnecessary back and forth.

When I went to the second interview the new hiring manager was completely different than the first and had a completely different outlook on the position. It seemed that the whole job description was different and the role was substantially different than originally described. I walked out of there feeling I was overqualified for the position and felt I had been lead on throughout the process and completely wasted my time. There were stark differences between the first and second hiring managers and the job description itself and I felt the whole process was incredibly disorganized. After taking time off work twice to come to two different interviews they did not even give me the courtesy of a phone call to inform me I did not get the job. I simply got a form rejection email which I feel after two interviews is impolite and left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!