Allstate Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Claims Adjuster (35)
- Customer Service Representative (19)
- Financial Analyst (16)
- Business Analyst (13)
- Intern (10)
- Claims Service Specialist (8)
- Actuarial Analyst (8)
- Insurance Agent (8)
- Applications Developer (6)
- Project Manager (6)
- Claims Processor (6)
- Claims Service Representative (5)
- Administrative Assistant (5)
- Analyst (5)
- Actuarial Intern (5)
- Leadership Development Program (4)
- Application Developer (4)
- Sales Associate (4)
- Sales Representative (3)
- Licensed Sales Producer (3)
- Agency Owner (3)
- Claims Service Adjuster (3)
- Adjuster (3)
- Liability Claims Adjuster (3)
- Sales (3)
- Senior Financial Analyst (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Claims Adjuster Trainee (3)
- Pricing Technician Analyst (3)
- Product Operations Quantitative Analyst (2)
Senior Financial Analyst Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.
Interview Details – Pre-Screen thru email. With understandable questions relates to the job skills and behavioral skills relate to you pass position and what can you offer for the new position.
Senior Financial Analyst Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
Interviewed at Allstate
Interview Details – Company called almost immediately after I posted for position. Interview set-up was equally swift. Hiring manager was personable and didn't ask the usual questions, such as: tell me about yourself, where do you expect to be in 5 yrs etc. Instead he focused on skill sets such as SAP experience, excel, PowerPoint; asked me about my presentation skills and comfort with making presentations to upper mgt. The upshot: the interview went well, the hiring mgr turned me over to a colleague/fellow mgr to get their opinion. This individual asked questions about skills, a time in which I had to overcome a challenge, etc. More traditional interview. Four days after the interview, received an email indicating that the position had been filled and thanking me for my time. Final Update: found out the person selected for the position was less experienced, with no SAP experience. Also did research on hiring mgr, found out this individual was on downward trajectory in their career: decade as a sr mgr, currently in a non-sr mgt role at same company, etc. My not getting job may have been for totally different reasons than what I suspect, but my suspicion is, hiring mgr didn't want anyone too strong in the role.
Interview Question – All questions were expected and did not blindside. Answer Question
Senior Financial Analyst Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2007.
Interview Details – By the time I heard back from their HR department (which is outsourced somewhere) I had forgotten what position I had applied for. It had been at least a full month since I had applied. Then there was a phone interview, after which I scheduled an interview for the next week. Before the interview, I was told there would be a background check conducted on me and I had to go in for a drug test. My first interview was with a panel of 3 managers, and was asked back the following week. I returned for the final interview with another manager. About a week after that interview, I received a call with an offer.
- Illustrate the most unexpected situation in which you found yourself, or for which you were unprepared. What was the situation; why were you surprised or unprepared? How did you resolve the situation and what was the result? Answer Question
- Provide your best example of a time when you used your business relationships or network to obtain something you wanted. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – I always go with the classic negotiation technique of "never take the first offer". If you don't have something specific in mind, "I was hoping for a little more" always suffices.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Allstate