Allstate

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details – Pre-Screen thru email. With understandable questions relates to the job skills and behavioral skills relate to you pass position and what can you offer for the new position.

Interviewed at Allstate

Interview Details – Company called almost immediately after I posted for position. Interview set-up was equally swift. Hiring manager was personable and didn't ask the usual questions, such as: tell me about yourself, where do you expect to be in 5 yrs etc. Instead he focused on skill sets such as SAP experience, excel, PowerPoint; asked me about my presentation skills and comfort with making presentations to upper mgt. The upshot: the interview went well, the hiring mgr turned me over to a colleague/fellow mgr to get their opinion. This individual asked questions about skills, a time in which I had to overcome a challenge, etc. More traditional interview. Four days after the interview, received an email indicating that the position had been filled and thanking me for my time. Final Update: found out the person selected for the position was less experienced, with no SAP experience. Also did research on hiring mgr, found out this individual was on downward trajectory in their career: decade as a sr mgr, currently in a non-sr mgt role at same company, etc. My not getting job may have been for totally different reasons than what I suspect, but my suspicion is, hiring mgr didn't want anyone too strong in the role.

Interview Question – All questions were expected and did not blindside.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in September 2007.

Interview Details – By the time I heard back from their HR department (which is outsourced somewhere) I had forgotten what position I had applied for. It had been at least a full month since I had applied. Then there was a phone interview, after which I scheduled an interview for the next week. Before the interview, I was told there would be a background check conducted on me and I had to go in for a drug test. My first interview was with a panel of 3 managers, and was asked back the following week. I returned for the final interview with another manager. About a week after that interview, I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Illustrate the most unexpected situation in which you found yourself, or for which you were unprepared. What was the situation; why were you surprised or unprepared? How did you resolve the situation and what was the result?   Answer Question
  • Provide your best example of a time when you used your business relationships or network to obtain something you wanted.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I always go with the classic negotiation technique of "never take the first offer". If you don't have something specific in mind, "I was hoping for a little more" always suffices.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!