Allstate

Very Easy Interview

Statistical Modeling Intern Interview

Statistical Modeling Intern
Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in November 2012.

Interview Details – I got an email from the HR the same day I applied online for the intern position! They sent an email to set up a time for a phone talk with the HR. That interview lasted 15-20 minutes with basic questions on my background, schooling and projects, They then sent me an email to set up a time for a phone conversation with the hiring team the next week. The interview was not difficult. The interviewers very very friendly and asked questions about myself, my coursework, class projects and more importantly my PhD thesis work. There were three interviewers - the Director of Marketing Sciences Research, Senior Marketing Manager and another Marketing Manager. There was just one question on probability. Overall, a very easy process. They said that they were interviewing a couple more candidates and would let me know their decision in a couple of weeks. After a couple of weeks, they asked me if I could come in for a 1:1 interview the next week. This was relatively simple and they asked me in detail about my thesis. No technical questions. I got the offer in the next two weeks.

Interview Question – The question was not difficult . It was on probability theory.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!