Alltel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Alltel

Interview Details – Easy Interview. Awesome culture, people and work. I get to learn a lot of new things every day. What more do you need. Good place to start your career. The CEO definitely built a strong company with solid values.

Interview Question – Open ended questions   Answer Question

Senior Client Manager Interview

Senior Client Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Alltel in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with four senior executives. Most were cordial; however, expect one to challenge you to prove you can think on your feet.

Interview Question – Why should I hire/recommend you and be specific with examples including outcomes?   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alltel.

Interview Details – The interview was straightforward. They ask scenario questions like "how would you treat a customer over the phone?" My response, the same way you would treat them in person.

Interview Question – A policy question, if employee called out b/c they was sick how would you handle that employee?   View Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Alltel.

Interview Details – Hiring process begins with online application. Next, human resources reviews the candidates. Then a recruiter may call for a phone interview. Then candidates with qualified experience is then forwarded to the hiring manager for in person interviews. Interview process usually is 2 to 3 including the phone interview. In person interview, is usually conducted with 2 managers and/or human resources.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in retail?   View Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Alltel in April 2008.

Interview Details – It was quite straightforward. I was interviewed by 2 diff ppl on the same day, HR and a manager. The next day they offered me a position.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Customer Service Coordinator
Longview, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Alltel in April 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a bit lengthy but the interview process went smoothly. I actually applied online several months before and never heard back. Then I found the Alltel booth at a local job fair and filled out an application and talked to one of the hiring managers. I was called in for an interview two days later and took a short typing test. I was given an offer letter that day and went for a drug test and started work the following Monday.

Interview Question – What are your weakenesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not really any negotiation. I accepted the offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Vernal, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Alltel in December 2008.

Interview Details – Called asked questions about situations and customer disputes.

Interview Question – what are 4 characteristic that a manager should have   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Alltel in February 2007.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and an actual interview was schedule for me to come in. When I showed up I believe that whoever was supposed to interview me had forgotten. They asked me to come back the next day and I did and was hired. The interview consist of basic customer service questions like what would you do if you had an angry customer on the line? Also, they ask if you are comfortable up-selling. Very basic.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had an escalated call or angry customer on your line?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Alltel in May 2009.

Interview Details – There whole interview process is based on situations. They will ask the "tell me a time when" questions. And they listen for very specific answers. For example if they ask, "in one word tell me your strongest attribute, they will expect one word, not two or three or a whole sentence. listen very carefully to the questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had to take an angry customer and turn them into a promoter of the business. tell me the steps and how you got there.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you lead a team to success. Give three specific examples of what you personally did to find success.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nonnegotiable

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Columbia, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Alltel in January 2007.

Interview Details – Initiated interview process by applying in-store and speaking with store manager. Store manager recommended that I attend local hiring fair being held in the branch a week later. Attended hiring fair along with 10 - 15 candidates. Went through 1:1 interview with local H.R. manager and also store manager. Was asked about sales experience and gave examples of previous sales success (I worked for Sprint Wireless before).

Highly recommend the part-time position for college students. Excellent pay relative to other options and great benefits. *Plus* Large commission checks during the holidays ($1-3k part-time)

Interview Question – Describe some previous successes you have had in a sales environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation for part-time positions with exception to flexible work hours.

Worked for Alltel? Contribute to the Community!