Ally Financial Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

2.8

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ally Financial.

The interviews are conducted in two parts. The first is a phone interview which consists of a couple questions like "Why do you want to work for Ally?" "How did you hear about us?" I was also asked to give three areas of interest. It is good to ask a lot of questions, as the interview takes 5-10 minutes and the rest of the 30 minute timeframe is open ended. From there, if you get a call back, you go to their Super Day which consisted of interviewing for 3 positions. The interviews focussed on their LEAD principles, so I would suggest studying up on those, and how you have applied them in your day to day life/work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I dont remember the most difficult question. For my interviews they were all behavioral/situation questions. I think the one that caught me most off guard was "What are your hobbies/some things you like to do for fun?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was an accept/decline.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in March 2014.

Found Ally Financial at a Job/Internship Fair at my university. Applied online through their online job portal. Interview Super Day was with other potential IT Interns (3-4 interviews) about a month later. Internship offer by following week.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think there are more dimes or nickels in circulation today? Why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - set intern pay rate and internship length

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ally Financial.

Did a phone interview first that lasted less than a half hour, then was called in to the office for a Super Day. Phone interview mostly asked about resume, future plans. Super Day involved getting to know the office and company, plus 3 interviews based on departments I indicated interest in. Interviews were conversational and not stressful.

Interview Questions
    • When did you work with a difficult team member and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial.

You would have a phone interview with the recruiter to see if your a fit for the positions. Then you would have an interview with what ever team you would work for. The team ask a number of questions they thought would help them determine if you would be a great addition to the team.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult question. Some of the questions asked were:
      Do you know the difference between white box and black box testing?
      Do you have any coding experience?
      If you were to look at the site what would you test and how would you go about testing it?
      What would a high severity and low severity defect look like and why?
      Describe a challenge you faced and how you overcame the challenge.
      Are you familiar with the QA process?
      Are you familiar with writing defects, logging defects?
      Are you familiar with writing test case plans, test case suites, and test cases?
        Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in November 2012.

Applied online, called for a quick 15 minutes interview for the first round.
    2nd round it was technical with 5 member team including the Director
    3rd round was with Business Manager
    4th round was with Technology Executive
    5th round of discussion was with HR and it was all smooth

Interview Questions
    • Growth prospects when asked what would be the growth pattern here for my role   View Answer
    They are quite tight on Gross Pay, you need to convince and get what you need.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Ally Financial in April 2013.

easy process; few unnecessary hurdles.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral and relatively easy   View Answer

Got a different offer elsewhere

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Ally Financial in July 2013.

The interview was with 2 people from the BI team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in June 2012.

Interview process consisted of four 1 on 1 interviews. They all created a relax-full environment that had a conversational tone to it opposed to just a q&a session. There were not any behavioral questions, it was mainly an in-depth review of my resume, discussion about the position and how skills and abilities translate across into the position

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this position at Ally. They were looking to see how well you understood the position and the company in general.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ally Financial in April 2011.

The lady that interviewed me was very nice. She laid out her questions and they were not difficult responses.

I got a better offer

User Experience Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in February 2013.

Applied online and had a phone interview with the hiring manager within a few days. The next week I was brought in to meet several groups of potential co-workers and clients (about 8 within a 2 hour period) and was told by the hiring manager that they all approved of me. A few days later I brought in again to meet the VP of the department and discussed the role with him for about 40 minutes.

Followed up with a few thank you emails and played the waiting game for a few weeks. Called the HR rep to check on the status, which took a little time since the hiring manager was on vacation. Got a reply via email that they decided to go with another candidate. Somewhat surprised me since the interviews seemed to go very well and I met all the qualifications for the position.

Got an offer with another bank the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interiew questions largely focused on my experience and skill sets. Everybody was very friendly and approachable, making the process easy and comfortable.   Answer Question

Worked for Ally Financial? Contribute to the Community!