Ally Financial Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.0

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

I had a screening call with HR. Next came a phone interview that was to have two people on their end but only ended up having one person to talk to. Next was an in person interview with hiring mgr + dept head in the call center. They asked the standard questions about background and experience. No behavioral type questions of: "tell me about a time that you did X." I got a call from a recruiter next asking about availability and salary ranges. Then....nothing. No email, no follow-up call. If someone takes the time to participate in your interview process and drive across town for a personal interview, the company should have the courtesy to let you know you have not been selected.

Asset Recovery Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial (Lewisville, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The process took over 4 weeks to get hired. i went for one interview and then went back the following week for interview two. Both interviews were over an hour long because they went so well. It seemed more of a conversation than an interview

Customer Service Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ally Financial (Lewisville, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

HR called for a phone interview which went very well. I showed up at the location to be kept waiting for a long time. The manager assigned to conduct the interview wasn't informed they had been assigned to interview and passed me off to someone else. As you're walked across the entire open floor employees very rudely stand up starring at you and telling the manager to pick them over you. As the interview started I knew in 5 seconds that they had no intentions of hiring anyone else. They apologetically explained that only 5 positions were open and 4 were already taken. My resume was never looked at and they wasted my time making conversation for about 15 minutes about my life and basically the weather. The job wasn't ever discussed. Yet the ads continue to be posted all over job sites that they're hiring when they're clearly not. That's why you notice Ally has job postings all year round as if they're constantly hiring, but to no avail. I considered the interviewers to be amateur and unprofessional. Just friendly girls, they had no structure, no pattern just talking and hanging out. By far the most embarrassing, insulting interview.

Asset Recovery Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ally Financial (Lewisville, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call after almost 4 months of applying from the recruiter. I was set up a face to face interview with 2 managers for another position not the one I applied for. Went in to the interview they were really friendly about one of the most laid back interviews I've ever had and I have had lots. We went over my experience a little they discussed things they like to do for their teams and how its a fun environment. We discussed a little about the job and what it details which I had experience in basically collections but on leased vehicles. We talked and laughed for over 30 minutes about life and home I felt really comfortable and like I belonged there. They both wanted me on there team. Really they want someone with customer service, collections, and the ability to communicate well. Hiring process is slow but they are growing.

Interview Questions

• No questions were really difficult. I was asked 3 questions, How do you handle conflict, and describe a time you saved the company money, can't recall last one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a salary lower than expected. I did try to negotiate but they wouldn't budge. I accepted since the holidays are coming up and room for growth which we also discussed in interview and they do have bonus incentives.

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ally Financial (Dallas, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

Very simple. Was interviewed in one room by three managers. There was no real interview just a back and forth discussion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.