Ally Financial

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial in November 2014.

First i went to job fair at my university that i think was the hardest because you have to make a good impression in a short amount of time they get 100s of resumes. Two weeks after job fair got a call for phone interview which lasted about an hour, they asked why you want to work for this company, and any excel skills i had. Finally i got a call the next day for invitation to Ally super day where i interviewed with four different departments, everyone was really easy to talk to i was nervous but they made it a conversation rather than an interview after the first interview i wasn't nervous at all.

Interview Questions
    i did not negotiate they told me how much it paid and i accepted.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial.

Received a phone call after submitting resume on university site and asked to attend interview day the same week. The interviews were conducted all on one day, consisting of four 30 minute interviews involving managers from different departments. There was an intro meeting that went over company background and other information before the interview. Interview consisted of all behavior questions.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial in April 2014.

I took part in an in-person interview with 3 different hiring managers. They also gave us an overview of the company and opportunities to speak with current employees. Before getting hired I had to pass a background check and drug test. The HR people are extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were average interview questions. I can't think of a specific one that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Field Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial in July 2013.

I was contacted by a staffing agency. The rep. was very professional and guided me throughout the process. My first interview was over the phone for about 20 min, second was another phone interview that lasted about 40 min. to an hour. the third and final step was a face to face interview that was on site. This was one of the best interview processes that I've been through and people and staff were very professional and knowledgable throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you found it difficult to do your job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ally Financial in April 2013.

Initial phone interview with hiring manager relating to standard behavioral questions. Why do you want to work for Ally? Tone of conversation was more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do Financial Analysis, and why didn't you take any previous offers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ally Financial in April 2013.

Behaviorial Interviews, and interviewed with multiple individuals while I was at their "super day"

Senior Security Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ally Financial in December 2012.

Worked with the recruitung manager over the phone for as he asked questions about my background and what im looking for. He send over my resume to Ally which they wanted to immediately bring me in for an interview. Interview went well great outgoing people, they seemed impressed by me. Two days I get a call with a job offer and I accepted and started 2 weeks later

Pretty straight forward, received a call from the recruiter with the offer and after some slight counters I accepted, couple days later I received the official offer letter. Pretty easy and straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial in June 2012.

Interviewed with 3 people and lasted an hour long. Got asked many questions by only a single one of them though. 2 of them were cheery, one of them was the most condescending woman ever. She could not put a smile on her face. Asked mostly behavioral questions about what I would do in hypothetical situations. Some questions about skills with certain programs too.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made an improvement in your workplace   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ally Financial in April 2011.

Had an interviw day where you met managers from different departments and interview for no particular position. Was asked questions about the company, general resume walk. Second interview was comprised of interviews for specific position..

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ally Financial in March 2011.

Initially had a phone interview with an internal recruiter, which was very basic. Next, they invited me in on a Friday to meet with a few managers. Then, they brought me back in the following Friday to meet with some directors and a vice president. I received an offer the following Tuesday.

Much of the interview process was explaining experience, education, and future career goals. I considered it fairly basic.

Interview Questions
    Not much was negotiable except for a small sign on bonus.