Ally Financial

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in April 2014.

Interview Details – I took part in an in-person interview with 3 different hiring managers. They also gave us an overview of the company and opportunities to speak with current employees. Before getting hired I had to pass a background check and drug test. The HR people are extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Question – The questions were average interview questions. I can't think of a specific one that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ally Financial in March 2010.

Interview Details – I met them at a career fair. They were well organized and had a good job description written. The recruiter was knowledgable about the job. I decided it wasn't the right fit for me at the time.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult people situation you've found yourself in, and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Field Consultant Interview

Field Consultant
Detroit, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a staffing agency. The rep. was very professional and guided me throughout the process. My first interview was over the phone for about 20 min, second was another phone interview that lasted about 40 min. to an hour. the third and final step was a face to face interview that was on site. This was one of the best interview processes that I've been through and people and staff were very professional and knowledgable throughout.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you found it difficult to do your job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ally Financial in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with hiring manager relating to standard behavioral questions. Why do you want to work for Ally? Tone of conversation was more conversational.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do Financial Analysis, and why didn't you take any previous offers?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ally Financial in April 2013.

Interview Details – Behaviorial Interviews, and interviewed with multiple individuals while I was at their "super day"

Interview Question – Deep dive into your resume/history.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for the position of a Project Manager. There were multiple round of interviews. Be honest in your resume, as the interviewers will dig deeper into the details.The HR folks were very helpful in follow through. There are behavioral interviews. Once approved, there is flexibility in terms of compensation, paid time off.

Interview Question – Why do you think Ally is a good place to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got the compensation I requested + unexpected signon bonus. I also negotiated higher PTO.

Corporate Actuarial Intern Interview

Corporate Actuarial Intern
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, got called in for an interview three days later. The interview was with three groups of two people along with the person who was hiring for the position. They were all very nice and made me feel comfortable. It was laid back overall but they are definitely looking for someone who can contribute so they ask a lot of questions to get a feel for how effective you would be in the position.

Interview Question – No behavioral questions, nothing particularly difficult. Just a lot of expanding of my résumé. They also asked what I wanted them to take from my résumé.   View Answer

Senior Security Analysis Interview

Senior Security Analysis
Detroit, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ally Financial in December 2012.

Interview Details – Worked with the recruitung manager over the phone for as he asked questions about my background and what im looking for. He send over my resume to Ally which they wanted to immediately bring me in for an interview. Interview went well great outgoing people, they seemed impressed by me. Two days I get a call with a job offer and I accepted and started 2 weeks later

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward, received a call from the recruiter with the offer and after some slight counters I accepted, couple days later I received the official offer letter. Pretty easy and straight forward

Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 people and lasted an hour long. Got asked many questions by only a single one of them though. 2 of them were cheery, one of them was the most condescending woman ever. She could not put a smile on her face. Asked mostly behavioral questions about what I would do in hypothetical situations. Some questions about skills with certain programs too.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made an improvement in your workplace   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in May 2010.

Interview Details – Purely fit questions

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ally Financial

Worked for Ally Financial? Contribute to the Community!