Ally Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Interview

Summer
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ally Financial.

Interview Details – The interviews are conducted in two parts. The first is a phone interview which consists of a couple questions like "Why do you want to work for Ally?" "How did you hear about us?" I was also asked to give three areas of interest. It is good to ask a lot of questions, as the interview takes 5-10 minutes and the rest of the 30 minute timeframe is open ended. From there, if you get a call back, you go to their Super Day which consisted of interviewing for 3 positions. The interviews focussed on their LEAD principles, so I would suggest studying up on those, and how you have applied them in your day to day life/work experience.

Interview Question – Honestly, I dont remember the most difficult question. For my interviews they were all behavioral/situation questions. I think the one that caught me most off guard was "What are your hobbies/some things you like to do for fun?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was an accept/decline.

IT Interview

IT
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in March 2014.

Interview Details – Found Ally Financial at a Job/Internship Fair at my university. Applied online through their online job portal. Interview Super Day was with other potential IT Interns (3-4 interviews) about a month later. Internship offer by following week.

Interview Question – Do you think there are more dimes or nickels in circulation today? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - set intern pay rate and internship length

Risk Director Interview

Risk Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in January 2010.

Interview Details – Several interviews in person. No tests or personality evaluation. I just had a hard time in the background check because they check not only previous employment but education credentials and medial results

Interview Question – All technical question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered what I was expecting

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in April 2014.

Interview Details – I took part in an in-person interview with 3 different hiring managers. They also gave us an overview of the company and opportunities to speak with current employees. Before getting hired I had to pass a background check and drug test. The HR people are extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Question – The questions were average interview questions. I can't think of a specific one that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ally Financial in July 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by the Team manager, who was very friendly. After first round, there was another interview with Architecht, who asked mostly on databases and on fitnesse.Was interviewed by the Team manager, who was very friendly. After first round, there was another interview with Architecht, who asked mostly on databases and on fitnesse.

Interview Question – Architecht was asking questions related to database.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ally Financial.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview first that lasted less than a half hour, then was called in to the office for a Super Day. Phone interview mostly asked about resume, future plans. Super Day involved getting to know the office and company, plus 3 interviews based on departments I indicated interest in. Interviews were conversational and not stressful.

Interview Question – When did you work with a difficult team member and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Junior QA Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial.

Interview Details – You would have a phone interview with the recruiter to see if your a fit for the positions. Then you would have an interview with what ever team you would work for. The team ask a number of questions they thought would help them determine if you would be a great addition to the team.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult question. Some of the questions asked were:
Do you know the difference between white box and black box testing?
Do you have any coding experience?
If you were to look at the site what would you test and how would you go about testing it?
What would a high severity and low severity defect look like and why?
Describe a challenge you faced and how you overcame the challenge.
Are you familiar with the QA process?
Are you familiar with writing defects, logging defects?
Are you familiar with writing test case plans, test case suites, and test cases?
  Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

Interviewed at Ally Financial

Interview Details – It was an Internal process; currently worked in anothe department and was offerred another opportunity for a different business lines. Was recommended by Manager and interviewed with Senior Management and the Tech Leads of the hiring dept

Interview Question – what makes me more qualified than the next candidate   Answer Question

Operations Processor Interview

Operations Processor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ally Financial in January 2010.

Interview Details – About 3 Interviews, questions from situational leadership

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, called for a quick 15 minutes interview for the first round.
2nd round it was technical with 5 member team including the Director
3rd round was with Business Manager
4th round was with Technology Executive
5th round of discussion was with HR and it was all smooth

Interview Question – Growth prospects when asked what would be the growth pattern here for my role   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are quite tight on Gross Pay, you need to convince and get what you need.

Worked for Ally Financial? Contribute to the Community!