Ally Financial Interview Questions & Reviews

67 interviews

2.7

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Ally Financial.

The interviews are conducted in two parts. The first is a phone interview which consists of a couple questions like "Why do you want to work for Ally?" "How did you hear about us?" I was also asked to give three areas of interest. It is good to ask a lot of questions, as the interview takes 5-10 minutes and the rest of the 30 minute timeframe is open ended. From there, if you get a call back, you go to their Super Day which consisted of interviewing for 3 positions. The interviews focussed on their LEAD principles, so I would suggest studying up on those, and how you have applied them in your day to day life/work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I dont remember the most difficult question. For my interviews they were all behavioral/situation questions. I think the one that caught me most off guard was "What are your hobbies/some things you like to do for fun?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was an accept/decline.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in March 2014.

Found Ally Financial at a Job/Internship Fair at my university. Applied online through their online job portal. Interview Super Day was with other potential IT Interns (3-4 interviews) about a month later. Internship offer by following week.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think there are more dimes or nickels in circulation today? Why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - set intern pay rate and internship length

Risk Director Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in January 2010.

Several interviews in person. No tests or personality evaluation. I just had a hard time in the background check because they check not only previous employment but education credentials and medial results

Interview Questions
    They offered what I was expecting

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in April 2014.

I took part in an in-person interview with 3 different hiring managers. They also gave us an overview of the company and opportunities to speak with current employees. Before getting hired I had to pass a background check and drug test. The HR people are extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were average interview questions. I can't think of a specific one that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ally Financial in July 2011.

Was interviewed by the Team manager, who was very friendly. After first round, there was another interview with Architecht, who asked mostly on databases and on fitnesse.Was interviewed by the Team manager, who was very friendly. After first round, there was another interview with Architecht, who asked mostly on databases and on fitnesse.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Ally Financial.

Did a phone interview first that lasted less than a half hour, then was called in to the office for a Super Day. Phone interview mostly asked about resume, future plans. Super Day involved getting to know the office and company, plus 3 interviews based on departments I indicated interest in. Interviews were conversational and not stressful.

Interview Questions
    • When did you work with a difficult team member and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial.

You would have a phone interview with the recruiter to see if your a fit for the positions. Then you would have an interview with what ever team you would work for. The team ask a number of questions they thought would help them determine if you would be a great addition to the team.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult question. Some of the questions asked were:
      Do you know the difference between white box and black box testing?
      Do you have any coding experience?
      If you were to look at the site what would you test and how would you go about testing it?
      What would a high severity and low severity defect look like and why?
      Describe a challenge you faced and how you overcame the challenge.
      Are you familiar with the QA process?
      Are you familiar with writing defects, logging defects?
      Are you familiar with writing test case plans, test case suites, and test cases?
        Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

It was an Internal process; currently worked in anothe department and was offerred another opportunity for a different business lines. Was recommended by Manager and interviewed with Senior Management and the Tech Leads of the hiring dept

Operations Processor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ally Financial in January 2010.

About 3 Interviews, questions from situational leadership

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ally Financial in November 2012.

Applied online, called for a quick 15 minutes interview for the first round.
    2nd round it was technical with 5 member team including the Director
    3rd round was with Business Manager
    4th round was with Technology Executive
    5th round of discussion was with HR and it was all smooth

Interview Questions
    • Growth prospects when asked what would be the growth pattern here for my role   View Answer
    They are quite tight on Gross Pay, you need to convince and get what you need.

Worked for Ally Financial? Contribute to the Community!