Ally Financial Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.7

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial.

Interview by committee. When I was contacted by HR, I had an initial interview with them, that proceeded into a 3 part panel interview with parties from multiple disciplines. This appears to be the style at Ally. Interview by committee. There were not any praticularly hard, unusual, or unexpected questions. It was cordial and comprehensive, ranging from experience to matching corporate culture and styles for a good fit.

Interview Questions
    uncomfortable...they asked my starting salary, and later I found out that my peers were brough in, for the same basic job at a higher rate. That was adjusted after 6 months and my bringing that to their attention.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Applied online. HR called me a few days later to set up an interview. The interview process was quick with easy typical interview questions. Then I took an assessment test online. After that a drug test. Finally, I went to speak with another manager who told me what I'd be getting paid. I didn't negotiate.
    All in one day.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ally Financial.

The interviews are conducted in two parts. The first is a phone interview which consists of a couple questions like "Why do you want to work for Ally?" "How did you hear about us?" I was also asked to give three areas of interest. It is good to ask a lot of questions, as the interview takes 5-10 minutes and the rest of the 30 minute timeframe is open ended. From there, if you get a call back, you go to their Super Day which consisted of interviewing for 3 positions. The interviews focussed on their LEAD principles, so I would suggest studying up on those, and how you have applied them in your day to day life/work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I dont remember the most difficult question. For my interviews they were all behavioral/situation questions. I think the one that caught me most off guard was "What are your hobbies/some things you like to do for fun?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was an accept/decline.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ally Financial.

Did a phone interview first that lasted less than a half hour, then was called in to the office for a Super Day. Phone interview mostly asked about resume, future plans. Super Day involved getting to know the office and company, plus 3 interviews based on departments I indicated interest in. Interviews were conversational and not stressful.

Interview Questions
    • When did you work with a difficult team member and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

You would have a phone interview with the recruiter to see if your a fit for the positions. Then you would have an interview with what ever team you would work for. The team ask a number of questions they thought would help them determine if you would be a great addition to the team.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult question. Some of the questions asked were:
      Do you know the difference between white box and black box testing?
      Do you have any coding experience?
      If you were to look at the site what would you test and how would you go about testing it?
      What would a high severity and low severity defect look like and why?
      Describe a challenge you faced and how you overcame the challenge.
      Are you familiar with the QA process?
      Are you familiar with writing defects, logging defects?
      Are you familiar with writing test case plans, test case suites, and test cases?
        Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

It was an Internal process; currently worked in anothe department and was offerred another opportunity for a different business lines. Was recommended by Manager and interviewed with Senior Management and the Tech Leads of the hiring dept

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial in April 2014.

I took part in an in-person interview with 3 different hiring managers. They also gave us an overview of the company and opportunities to speak with current employees. Before getting hired I had to pass a background check and drug test. The HR people are extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were average interview questions. I can't think of a specific one that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ally Financial.

Very long process, HR is unreliable. Might run your background as someone else and deny employment.

Interview Questions
    4 months minimum from offer to start date.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial in March 2014.

Found Ally Financial at a Job/Internship Fair at my university. Applied online through their online job portal. Interview Super Day was with other potential IT Interns (3-4 interviews) about a month later. Internship offer by following week.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think there are more dimes or nickels in circulation today? Why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - set intern pay rate and internship length

Content Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ally Financial.

Panel Interview

Interview Questions
    • If you could do anything with your life, what would it be?   View Answer
    I asked for higher salary and received it.