Almac Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Project Leader Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Almac Group.

Interview

I had a screening interview with Hr Recruiter and then 1/2 phone interview with the one of the dept manager. I made it to the final step of the process where I have to spend a few hrs doing tests for personality and logic. This info is used by the hiring team to ask situational questions The process took 2 wks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was very fair and took 1 day for negotiations. My offer letter arrived overnight along with other benefit info

Design Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Almac Group.

Interview

1 interview with 2 managers, a second day for me to do a presentation in a topic that i chose from 5 that they sent me and an excercise to describe how an online purchase works

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Almac Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The entire process took about a month. I actually forgot I had applied for this position. Lol! This was a fairly easy interview with basic interview questions. The job description was a lot different online than how they described it in person, but that's okay, it was something I would enjoy doing. I met with the Director, a manager and a senior rep (I believe). They were all super nice and easy to talk to. I could tell they were a great group of people that I could easily get along with and like working with. The entire office staff was nice and not to mention, they are located downtown.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were easy.... The most unexpected question was: What are your pet peeves at work?   Answer Question

I really wanted to work for Almac, but their compensation package (including benefits) was less than impressive. I tried to negotiate salary with them but they weren't open to it. San Francisco is a very expensive city but that is obviously not taken into consideration when configuring the salary. Also, their pay is about 15k less than what other similar companies with equivalent job descriptions are offering, so if you're looking for something over 50k, then this is not the job for you, however, this would be the perfect job for someone fresh out of college with minimal experience, you'd love it there! Super nice people!

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Almac Group.

Interview

Phone interview was simple, mostly about my background. In person interview was with two people and was basic interview questions, like strengths and weaknesses or discuss a difficult time with a coworker, etc.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a confrontation with a coworker? How was it handled?   Answer Question

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Souderton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Almac Group (Souderton, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews - one technical, one human resources. Both ladies were extremely nice. I enjoyed speaking with them. They certainly lead me to believe I would at least get an in person interview. I really looked forward to getting hired by Almac.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected with the questions. As long as you have an understanding of programming, you will do fine. However, what was unexpected was their denial. They refused to say why they would not hire me despite having the credentials. Human resources even discussed salary and benefits. As a policy, they don't tell you why they will not hire you. Very frustrating and unfair.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Almac Group.

Interview

Initial planning was through email. I had one interview with a direct manager and a director. The interview was informal, but an interview. Part of the interview was skills and knowledge and part was to see how you would fit in with the culture. It was evident that the culture was work hard but fun. There is a work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• No unusual questions, talk about your skills give examples and questions about how you handle difficult situations, give examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

. Know the going rate for your skills and don't be afraid to ask for it.

Senior Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Souderton, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Almac Group (Souderton, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two interviews, first one by phone, second one face to face, Phone interview was about my background and technical abilities, Face to face was about the requirements of the position and a tour of the stability laboratory.

Could tell they did not expect a person who was 45+ year of age, even though resume clearly stated when I graduated college and the amount of experience I had

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult portion of research you had to perform?   1 Answer

Developer (ASP.NET) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Souderton, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Almac Group (Souderton, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online (position is posted on corporate web site). First interview is by phone, then onsite. The position is for Asp.Net developer but during interview, 85% questions are C-sharp (not related to Asp.Net) and then 15% Asp.net. No JavaScript and no SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• Interview suggestions:

(1) There were several ways to accomplish a task programmatically. Do not get offended if the interviewer insisted that his way or his method was the best. The interviewer may say it should have done this way, not that way.

(2) You were expected to spell out the exact syntax during interview. Having a good knowledge of the concept is not sufficient. In my opinion, how you can remember every .Net function and Linq syntax.. You can always check MSDN documentation of the syntax as long as you understand the concept correctly.

(3) The interviewer loves asking .Net delegate, Func, Action, Linq, inheritance, and polymorphism. In my opinion, the interviewer thinks as long as you master these topics, you can do the job.

(4) The interviewer is so proud of code optimization or code challenge. Pay attention on the following optimization.

private void DoStuffGeneric(Action<MyClass> a) {

public class MyClass
          {public void Do1() { }
              public void Do2() { } }

Answer Question
    • You will be asked to write a function that returns a max integer from array of integer and array of object.   1 Answer
    • You will be asked to write a function that returns a List of the latest 10 of Purchased Item from the following classes:

public class Order

public DateTime PurchasedDate { get; set; }
          public int ProductId { get; set; }

1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

Expect questions mostly fr om the Jd. Basic java and technical questions

Interview Questions

• Db questions ft a frontend developer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave as expected

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Souderton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Almac Group (Souderton, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by two team leaders, but no management. Standard interview, and it seemed to have gone well.