Almac Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analytical Chemist Interview

Senior Analytical Chemist
Souderton, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Almac Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two interviews, first one by phone, second one face to face, Phone interview was about my background and technical abilities, Face to face was about the requirements of the position and a tour of the stability laboratory.

Could tell they did not expect a person who was 45+ year of age, even though resume clearly stated when I graduated college and the amount of experience I had

Interview Question – What was the most difficult portion of research you had to perform?   View Answer

Developer (ASP.NET) Interview

Developer (ASP.NET)
Souderton, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Almac Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online (position is posted on corporate web site). First interview is by phone, then onsite. The position is for Asp.Net developer but during interview, 85% questions are C-sharp (not related to Asp.Net) and then 15% Asp.net. No JavaScript and no SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• Interview suggestions:

(1) There were several ways to accomplish a task programmatically. Do not get offended if the interviewer insisted that his way or his method was the best. The interviewer may say it should have done this way, not that way.

(2) You were expected to spell out the exact syntax during interview. Having a good knowledge of the concept is not sufficient. In my opinion, how you can remember every .Net function and Linq syntax.. You can always check MSDN documentation of the syntax as long as you understand the concept correctly.

(3) The interviewer loves asking .Net delegate, Func, Action, Linq, inheritance, and polymorphism. In my opinion, the interviewer thinks as long as you master these topics, you can do the job.

(4) The interviewer is so proud of code optimization or code challenge. Pay attention on the following optimization.

private void DoStuffGeneric(Action<MyClass> a) {

public class MyClass
        {public void Do1() { }
            public void Do2() { } }
      Answer Question
  • You will be asked to write a function that returns a max integer from array of integer and array of object.   View Answer
  • You will be asked to write a function that returns a List of the latest 10 of Purchased Item from the following classes:

public class Order

View Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Souderton, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Almac Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two team leaders, but no management. Standard interview, and it seemed to have gone well.

Interview Question – Completely standard questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Souderton, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Almac Group.

Interview Details – The people were very detached and disinterested. There was no smiling. I was given all these re-copied pages that were barely legible. They were tests from the U.K. that were hard to read and timed. I noticed it was a sterile environment. There wasn't a lot of fun or happy people in the halls.

Interview Question – Translating all the British phrasing into American. It wasted time and when I complained I was told that others were able to do it in the time allowed and that it was my skills that were at issue.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – If they talked to me this way as a candidate, I felt they would not treat me well as an employee.

Senior Software Testing Analyst Interview

Senior Software Testing Analyst
Souderton, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Almac Group.

Interview Details – Two interviews, interviewers were nice and respectful

Interview Question – Whats one of your pet peeves   Answer Question

Systems Developer Interview

Systems Developer
Souderton, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Almac Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Found out about their opening on through their website. I was contacted by HR for 2:1 interview. The interview was very simple. They ask some HR questions. Most questions were about fit into the company and interaction. They had very little technical questions. They ask me about SQL. If I knew what is left and right join. Ask if I knew procedures, query, functions, and operators. The interview was pleasant but the HR needs some work.

Interview Question – What is left and right join in SQL?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They called me for a verbal offer. We negotiated a little on the phone during the call. I ask for some time to look over the benefits package. During the negotiations and questions about the benefits package, they sent me an email that they are sending me an official offer letter that day. The following day after I ask for an in person meeting with HR, they sent me a withdrawal of candidacy email. I ask for some feedback on what I did and never gotten a reply. Very Unprofessional.

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator
Souderton, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Almac Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was promoted from a Production Operator to a Production Coordinator after a year. The job was posted on the bulletin board, but I heard through my supervisor, who suggested I apply. After completing the internal application, I waited several months without hearing a word about the job. The supervisors did not have an answer for me and said they were waiting on HR. Three months later I was finally informed they were indeed still hiring and were interested in me. I had one interview with the supervisors from my shift. The process went smoothly and soon after I accepted the offer. It was extremely frustrating having to wait three months before hearing back about a job bid.

Interview Question – I don't think there were any difficult questions asked during my interview. The supervisors read the questions off a pre-printed paper and they were typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Systems Developer Interview

Systems Developer
Souderton, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Almac Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Apply to the System Developer position through the company website as well as through the employee referral that I found on Linked in. I was invited for interview few days later. The interview consists of 30 min logical test as well personal interview with 3 different couples 20-30 min each, 6 people total. First couple asked 5-7 technical SQL Server and relational database questions. 2 other couples asked me personal questions and discussed my background. We also discussed projects and job description. Overall people were very friendly. Total interview was 2.5 hours. I got offer next day.

Interview Question – How many transactions you can have in SQL Server?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Almac Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Almac Group interview questions and advice in Souderton, PA. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Almac Group employees and interview candidates.